Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If he's still able to do the job, yes.

Based on today, I'm not so sure.

He's nearly two decades over the retirement age.  It's meant to be (unless your name is Douglas Ross!) a very heavy going job.  Surely someone of that age couldn't do it efficiently?

Now obviously it's down to the voters in his constituency, but I'd imagine he's in one of these seats where a potted plant would win if it had a red rosette stuck to it.

Edited by Highland Capital

27 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Corbyn prattling on about May failing the people of this county, his preferred option remaining in a SM/CU. That isn’t what the ‘people’ voted for either unfortunately. 

The ‘people’ voted for less immigrants.

That’s what the ‘people’ voted for.

The SM/CU stuff was way way down the agenda.

He's nearly two decades over the retirement age.  It's meant to be (unless your name is Douglas Ross!) a very heavy going job.  Surely someone of that age couldn't do it efficiently?
Now obviously it's down to the voters in his constituency, but I'd imagine he's one of these seats where a potted plant would win if it had a red rosette stuck to it.
I think he's very much loved in his constituency, and I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of anyone in their 80s.

12 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

He's nearly two decades over the retirement age.   Surely someone of that age couldn't do it efficiently?

So the maximum age is 65ish.

What is your idea of a minimum age?

What's the ages of maximum efficiency?

Is this officially an omnishambles or a clusterfuck?

An onmiclusterfuck

Not sufficient to fully describe the utter horror of this mess. Something along the lines of a “catastrocunting omnishambolic clusterfucking disaster” should get somewhere close.

This government is more incompetent than Trump’s administration in the States. A man who can’t flip a coin properly. Just let that sink in.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
You change your mind an awful lot. 

Nope being saying article 50 will be extended and Brexit will be cancelled for some time. I'm delighted TBF but it really is an affront to democracy

There will probably be another referendum.

The seeds have already been planted. Boris was given enough rope to hang himself. Farage has been smeared as a Russian agent based on nothing. Dacre has been pensioned off. The social media companies have toed the line.

Managed to watch most of the Commons May announcement today and it really had to be seen to be believed.  Shambles really doesn't even come close to what is happening.

The UK is the total laughing stock of the world right now. And for May to even attempt to go back the the EU for more negotiation is some brass neck.

The EU know how weakened she is and won't bend one inch. The rest of the world know how weakened she is and will take full advantage when the UK tries to cut trade deals.

How can anyone seriously believe we in Scotland are better off in this pathetic Union?  Genuinely would like to hear from Unionists on why Scotland is better within the UK as it's beyond my comprehension 

I think he's very much loved in his constituency, and I wouldn't be quite so dismissive of anyone in their 80s.

Skinner reminds me of the late Willie Hamilton, Labour member for Fife and inveterate Royal-hater. They both garnered reputations way out of proportion to anything they actually ever achieved, a bit like these annoying wee yappy dugs who race to the garden gate whenever anyone passes. Court jesters if only they realised it.

11 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Managed to watch most of the Commons May announcement today and it really had to be seen to be believed.  Shambles really doesn't even come close to what is happening.

The UK is the total laughing stock of the world right now. And for May to even attempt to go back the the EU for more negotiation is some brass neck.

The EU know how weakened she is and won't bend one inch. The rest of the world know how weakened she is and will take full advantage when the UK tries to cut trade deals.

How can anyone seriously believe we in Scotland are better off in this pathetic Union?  Genuinely would like to hear from Unionists on why Scotland is better within the UK as it's beyond my comprehension 

Cause Rangers.

There will probably be another referendum.
The seeds have already been planted. Boris was given enough rope to hang himself. Farage has been smeared as a Russian agent based on nothing. Dacre has been pensioned off. The social media companies have toed the line.

Actually think that May and the EU have devised this behind the scenes

Not sufficient to fully describe the utter horror of this mess. Something along the lines of a “catastrocunting omnishambolic clusterfucking disaster” should get somewhere close.

This government is more incompetent than Trump’s administration in the States. A man who can’t flip a coin properly. Just let that sink in.

“They’ve completely fucked it” will suffice. Nobody wants to be Andy Dawson.