Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

27 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Exactly the reason that I cannot respect the man. Apart from being completely useless, he is downright dishonest. It’s a sad indictment of British politics that he’s held up as a paragon of virtue by some.

He shagged Diane Abbott as well.

For that alone he cannot be taken seriously.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

May still coming out with sound bites "get on with it", "get the best possible deal" etc. This is just unreal, how the heck are we still here?
How do we get this clown emptied?

Plenty of letters winging their way to the Rt Hon MP for Altrincham & Sale.

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is this officially an omnishambles or a clusterfuck?

Armando Iannucci’s most fevered imaginings have been rendered quaintly redundant in the context of Brexit and Trump. The Thick of It and Veep look like The West Wing these days: dewey-eyed, optimistic celebrations of the competency of our leaders.

Omnishambles is clearly insufficient to cover it. Catastrogeddon perhaps?  Nope, still too too wishy-washy.

Corbyn is on record saying that Labour will respect the 2016 result. He doesn't back the deal May has produced. So he's either Customs Union or No Deal on Brexit. CU is the bare minimum for parties like the SNP and LDs because they have been consistent since the morning after the vote. A good number of Labour voters in Barnsley and Burnley wouldn't stick with them if they went for CU. Soft Tories won't jump to a Corbyn government the way they would have to Blair. Basically the 2 main parties fell over themselves to say they'd respect the vote and now they're struggling badly. 

The DUP have said they would support the Government in a confidence vote, and the Tory Brexiteers would as well imo, they want to get shot of May, not the Government. So the motion would likely fail.

No it’s a kremlin influenced lifelong ambition to turn Britain into Mad Max. Haven’t you been given your orders from GCHQ?

Just more pretence from May that the EU are suddenly going to flip and offer us concessions on "The Backstop" - is there no MP with the bollocks to say "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire". 
They aren't allowed to call another member a liar in the House of Commons chamber. I suppose they could on TV right enough.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

No it’s a kremlin influenced lifelong ambition to turn Britain into Mad Max. Haven’t you been given your orders from GCHQ?

As any patriotic Scot I take my instructions from Auchtermuchty. 

HA!
My excuse is living in Sheffield, btw.
Whether it's the motorway section or not, the A1 can be either a pleasant change to the M1, or the road from hell. It's a coffee I make regularly, as depending on conditions I can save time and frustration heading towards that London.

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

May has a majority of over 26,000 votes, so I think that's a slightly ambitious reading of things. 

The towns that make up her constituency are: Maidenhead, Bray and Wargrave.

So we have a town that is olde time jargon for the hymen. A town named after the favourite activity of Tory backbenchers. A town that sounds like a Remembrance Day theme park.

I think they will be Tory right up until we get the guillotines out.

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Today I got to see Dennis Skinner speak in parliament for the first time. If you can show footage of that to someone living in Scotland and they still want to be in the UK, the game's up.

I saw that decrepit old bugger's speech which had completely the opposite effect on me.

He's no longer living in the real world. His brain died about 20 years ago - he doesn't know whether he's in Weyms Bay or Bombay.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Corbyn is a fraud. No other way of putting it. I’d have more respect if he just came out and said he supports leaving.

Nonsense. He's playing a super smart long game. You'll see. You'll all see. Everyone will be chanting his name like they did at that conference.

1 minute ago, Frankie S said:

Armando Iannucci’s most fevered imaginings have been rendered quaintly redundant in the context of Brexit and Trump. The Thick of It and Veep look like The West Wing these days: dewey-eyed, optimistic celebrations of the competency of our leaders.

Omnishambles is clearly insufficient to cover it. Catastrogeddon perhaps?  Nope, still too too wishy-washy.

The one dimensional for comic effect depictions of Beria and Malenkov in The Death of Stalin look like shining beacons of competence compared to May tbf.