Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I stand corrected. So why is Twitter going crazy over the speaker’s comments?

Haven’t seen that but it was covered on Sky News before the statement by Beth Rigby (I think). There is a very simple way for the Government to avoid a vote on the vote, not have a Minister move it. The speaker outlined that the Government could do this but he would deeply disprove of it. 

Edited by Londonwell

Robert Peston reporting that Labour won’t push for a no-confidence vote before May renegotiates her deal. I take most reporting from Peston with a pinch of salt but if true another absolutely shite bag move from Jezza.

Edited by Londonwell

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
6 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Have people (you), actually checked this out? Crazy!
It was a throwaway comment, based on the distance from Farce we now find ourselves in.

Nope. I use the M1 (London to Leeds) regularly, and have, many times, passed through Leeming Bar on the A1(M).

HA!

My excuse is living in Sheffield, btw.

Robert Peston reporting that Labour won’t push for a no-confidence vote before May renegotiates her deal. I take most reporting from Peston with a pinch of salt but if true another absolutely shite bag move from Jezza.

Corbyn is a fraud. No other way of putting it. I’d have more respect if he just came out and said he supports leaving.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Corbyn is a fraud. No other way of putting it. I’d have more respect if he just came out and said he supports leaving.

Corbyn is a well know leave supporter but he has to be seen to trying to bring the government down.

Corbyn and co might talk about a Brexit for jobs but in reality they would quite happily make sure a no-deal Brexit get's through.

6 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The DUP have said they would support the Government in a confidence vote, and the Tory Brexiteers would as well imo, they want to get shot of May, not the Government. So the motion would likely fail.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Exactly the reason that I cannot respect the man. Apart from being completely useless, he is downright dishonest. It’s a sad indictment of British politics that he’s held up as a paragon of virtue by some.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Someone pointed out that May might be able to delay the vote on withdrawal till the 28th of March. Almost guaranteed to pass if that happens.

There is no hope she will be PM by this stage.

Could even see her calling a GM to see a Labour win and subsequent no brexit, free cash for everyone etc as her golden handshake from the EU crooks.

29 minutes ago, Romeo said:

An onmiclusterfuck

History will not judge this whole omniclustershamblesfuck highly, decades from now this will be seen as one of the biggest self inflicted political calamities of the 21st century.  Just when you think May & co can make it any worse they somehow manage to make even more of a mess of it