Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Possible referendum mark 2 ballot paper.

DuD6uAAXcAAe5m7.jpg

Great idea. Lets ensure a minority gets what they want. Because that's exactly what would happen. 48% Would vote to remain, 52% would vote to leave. 60% of that 52% may choose to support the withdrawl agreement. Ensuring a minority gets what they want.

The government are no longer in power.

This is truly pathetic cowardice.

I’m not sure about cowardice, does Sturgeon mean that’s she’s lacking the courage to follow her convictions, on something she doesn’t really believe in? I’d imagine the easy thing to do would be to press ahead with the vote, lose it by a distance and then hold her hands up, admit defeat and resign saying that ‘she’d tried her very best’ to deliver what the country voted upon.

She’s done the most sensible thing to halt this f*uckin mess and not simply hand it over to someone else. Abdication of responsibility and duty might be cowardly, her surprisingly stoic determination to see this out isn’t. If she can somehow manoeuvre this towards a 2nd Vote and give the electorate the opportunity to overturn our withdrawal and retract A50, will Sturgeon still be calling her a coward on f*ckin Twitter??

I’m no real fan of Teresa May, but I don’t see ANYONE else within the Tory ranks, or indeed on the opposition benches who would be able to take up the reins and deliver on this, within the timescale required without a second Ref.

It's all becoming crystal clear! :unsure:

James Forsyth  3:08pm - Am told five Cabinet Ministers backed ‘indicative vote’ on conference call earlier. Other Cabinet Ministers suspect this is driven by a desire to shift to a softer Brexit

James Forsyth 3:22pm -  Interesting that Theresa May mentioned a further no deal meeting on this morning’s conference call. Some Cabinet ministers think that this could be the long awaited ramp up of ‘no deal’ planning

Same guy 14 mins apart................

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:
Surely there’s never been a more shambolic time in British Politics since the last World War?

Gordon brown trying to hang on to power when there was a hung parliament was up there.

He wasn’t trying to hang onto power. 

He did what was constitutionally required of him - remain in office until such times as a Government could be formed.  

Find the documentary “Five Days That Changed Britain”. I think most/all of it is on YouTube. It gives a behind-the-scenes account of what went on. 

Can see Labour now calling for a vote of No Confidence, which could very likely trigger a G.E.
If there is to be a change of government how will Labour get us out of this mess?
Easy. JC will nominate Diane Abbot as the official Brexit secretary/negotiator/problem solver. She'll soon sort them all out.

Chris Leslie was showing his arse on Sky News earlier arguing for this. The problem, as was immediately pointed out, if the no-confidence vote fails then it forces Labour to back a People’s Vote with all the problems associated with it atm. Obvs Leslie knows that hence why he’s advocating for it but it’s so obvious that even Sky News felt safe calling him out.

Guess ive won the bet by default?lol.

I said she’d WIN the bet not postpone it. I’ll stick a tenner to wherever you like. What was the charity again?

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

They can’t just delay the vote. They have to vote on the delay of the vote. And May will lose that too. #Chortle

No, if a Minister doesn’t move the motion there doesn’t have to be a vote.

Edited by Londonwell

Wonder if a few more letters will be submitted to Graham Brady...

I'll be amazed if she gets away with this.

An absolute damp squib of a statement, and no clear plan to get out of this mess.

Labour should surely be pushing for no confidence, and no doubt the Tories will do so too.