Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

SNP don't allow anything but unity. What wee Burnie wants, wee Burnie gets.

Can you explain how this is enforced please?

As an example, I disagree with the SNP's current policy on NATO membership. Perhaps you can tell me how Nicola is going to change my mind.

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I wouldnt be allowed to do that and keep my job as I work in the public sector, I’d be happy to donate to a Palestinian aid charity? If I win £20 to dream flight?

Aye that's a good idea. I'll take you up on it. I'm not going to be devastated if I'm wrong here and I'd much rather not see May and co looking like the Lannisters post siege of King's Landing. Yes I'm rewatching Game of Thrones atm.

Might as well go for the Gaza Emergency Appeal.

Edited by NotThePars

9 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:
10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
SNP don't allow anything but unity. What wee Burnie wants, wee Burnie gets.

Hmmm... that's one of these posts that seems clever at the time, but then you look back on it and say, Jeez what a dick I was ! And you know, you'd be right.

SNP MPs and MSPs almost never rebel. Compared to other UK parties there is very little dissention. 

SNP MPs and MSPs almost never rebel. Compared to other UK parties there is very little dissention. 
Probably due to them all having the same belief around independence and being to the left of centre.

Conservatives never rebel around low taxation but as soon as Europe comes along massive cracks appear. BOJO and Ken Clarke both have diametrically opposed views on Europe but share the same core belief on Taxation.

It'd be a proper shitebag UK thing to declare you're leaving, having the EU spend ages preparing and planning for the UK to leave, only for the UK to not leave after no planning and preperation and swanning back in with no repercussions.

"No hard feelings eh, Jonny Foreigner?"

2 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
If this all ends with the UK saying 'actually guys, we've decided this wasn't a brilliant idea after all, let's call it off', then it could be the most hilariously embarrassing political event in history.

You mean it isn't already?

It would be the cherry on the icing on the cake

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Probably due to them all having the same belief around independence and being to the left of centre.

Conservatives never rebel around low taxation but as soon as Europe comes along massive cracks appear. BOJO and Ken Clarke both have diametrically opposed views on Europe but share the same core belief on Taxation.

I'm not sure I agree that there are that many left of centre people in the SNP benches never mind all of them. Blackford, Swinney, the Ewing family, Mason, TAS are centre right.

Sturgeon is David Milliband style centre left.

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If this all ends with the UK saying 'actually guys, we've decided this wasn't a brilliant idea after all, let's call it off', then it could be the most hilariously embarrassing political event in history.

Embarrassing aside, this is a brilliant decision and those politicians who pursued it deserve a huge amount of credit.

IF there is now a majority who want to remain then it would be an affront to democracy to force through some second or third rate Brexit.

FAO - High rollers and hedge funders. Is the pound going to plummet if Maybot fails to make a purse out of a sows ear? 

Not as much as you think, because I think the markets have probably been told what’s likely to happen already.

5 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

FAO - High rollers and hedge funders. Is the pound going to plummet if Maybot fails to make a purse out of a sows ear? 

Not either but her losing the vote will already have been factored in to the exchange rate. It's been fluctuating between 1.10 and 1.15 euros for ages depending on the news, I doubt it will go below 1.10 unless a hard brexit looks on the cards.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not either but her losing the vote will already have been factored in to the exchange rate. It's been fluctuating between 1.10 and 1.15 euros for ages depending on the news, I doubt it will go below 1.10 unless a hard brexit looks on the cards.

I'm in Thailand for another week the rate is the shitiest I've ever seen, Actually dearer than home.