Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not read 1984 gd?

My clockwork orange reference on the general politics thread will probably have been wasted as well.

The ‘hero’ of 1984 is Winston Smith; I posted a photo of another Winston.  Obviously too subtle for you.

We won't get the same deal as Norway as we won't accept freedom of movement. It's really that simple. Why theres not a single prominent politician or party south of the bordee championing freedom of movement is beyond me. They can't all think it's bad surely.

18 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

We won't get the same deal as Norway as we won't accept freedom of movement. It's really that simple. Why theres not a single prominent politician or party south of the bordee championing freedom of movement is beyond me. They can't all think it's bad surely.

English MPs are running scared of the xenophobes. The vast majority of MPs think Brexit is an irredeemably idiotic act of national self-harm, but they continue to appease the racists due to some misguided combination of the self-preservation instinct and outright cowardice. Labour’s position on this is more convoluted than a contortionist with his head lodged firmly up his arse.

Exhibit A; the following article (a conversation between the supremely rational Stephen Mangan and Emily Thornberry, who like many in the Brexit debate have been cowed into saying almost the opposite of what they believe).

Inane utterances of shadow foreign secretary

Edited by Frankie S

7 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

English MPs are running scared of the xenophobes. The vast majority of MPs think Brexit is an irredeemably idiotic act of national self-harm, but they continue to appease the racists due to some misguided combination of the self-preservation instinct and outright cowardice. Labour’s position on this is more convoluted than a contortionist with his head lodged firmly up his arse.

Spot on.

Anyone in any doubt as to the xenophobe/racist  element involved in this fiasco should try listening to some of the morons that phone in to this radio station.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/how-to-listen/listen-to-lbc-online/

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

But that's Winston Ingram

Given Winston Smith is a fictional character I can hardly post his photo.  Maybe I should have posted John Hurt portraying him and that would have made it easier for the hard of thinking.

http://www.irishnews.com/opinion/columnists/2018/12/08/news/patrick-murphy-as-we-watch-britain-s-brexit-chaos-ireland-cannot-afford-to-be-too-smug-1502723/

Patrick Murphy hits the nail on the head as per.

Nobody's going to be able to read it as it costs money! :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Double plus good

Although 1984 is about communism in general and the Soviet Union specifically, I always found it ridiculous to think that any country would  have only one word that is used by everybody to describe anything positive.

Imagine if that happened anywhere.  That would be awesome.

6 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Meanwhile back on topic.....

Amber Rudd now suggesting Norway + could become Plan B in the likely event of May's deal being comprehensively rejected.
Has she discussed this with Norway?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/07/norwegian-politicians-reject-uks-norway-plus-brexit-plan

What does the plus mean? No freedom of movement?

It's ambiguous.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, welshbairn said:
The gammons heads would explode at Liechtenstein with its tiny population having a veto over the UK trying to mess things up.

Their heads have already partially exploded. Thats where that colour comes from

How could they object to little Leichtenstein.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

How could they object to little Leichtenstein, the second richest country in the world after Monaco, and the only foreign nation to be given the honour of hosting Falkirk in a competitive game. 

FTFY GSTP (God save the Prince.)

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-theresa-may-uk-vote-economy-mps-remain-a8673926.html

Seems strange to me that Remain are only at 52% given the amount of negative coverage recently. 

"Cognitive dissonance".  An inability to consider that you might have got it wrong.

I have no doubt that some people really believe that Brexit is a good idea but there must also be some people who voted Leave for flimsy reasons and just don't want to admit it.