Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

what even is the deal?  a lot of folk getting foamy mouthed from both sides but not much details given.

what is actually changing from this deal apart from the visas for over 6 months?

No trade deal has been agreed has it?  or is it just that we continue with everything we've been doing but with no say in the rules?

I'm so bored of the whole thing im struggling to keep up.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I'd happily give up our children to the European Army to troll the gammons. Just imagine the looks on their faces when they see our troops standing shoulder to shoulder with ze Germans :o 

I asked my Dad why a European army would be a bad idea. It's one of those things that's taken as read to be bad, but I started off on the pooling of resources spiel and how it would be preferable to be a part of one than to have one on your doorstep - I think his head was going to explode. 

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

26 minutes ago, tirso said:

what even is the deal?  a lot of folk getting foamy mouthed from both sides but not much details given.

what is actually changing from this deal apart from the visas for over 6 months?

No trade deal has been agreed has it?  or is it just that we continue with everything we've been doing but with no say in the rules?

I'm so bored of the whole thing im struggling to keep up.

The deal just kicks everything down the road for a couple of years, nothing has been agreed on trade, just stuff about rights of existing EU citizens in the UK and vice versa. In the meantime everything stays the same except we don't have any say on EU rules etc, and don't have MEPs. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The deal just kicks everything down the road for a couple of years, nothing has been agreed on trade, just stuff about rights of existing EU citizens in the UK and vice versa. In the meantime everything stays the same except we don't have any say on EU rules etc, and don't have MEPs. 

In a way, it is all that could possibly be offered. The trade deal will take years to negotiate, possibly so long that we might have reapplied to join the EU by then. Assuming we leave, of course.

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I asked my Dad why a European army would be a bad idea. It's one of those things that's taken as read to be bad, but I started off on the pooling of resources spiel and how it would be preferable to be a part of one than to have one on your doorstep - I think his head was going to explode. 

The obvious problem is something like EU army unit of Polish soldiers being sent into Catalonia or Greece to enforce government policy or restore order.

Using different nationalities to oppress localities is Imperialism 101.

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The obvious problem is something like EU army unit of Polish soldiers being sent into Catalonia or Greece to enforce government policy or restore order.

That's a fair old long shot for it being the obvious problem.

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because clearly that is what it is there to do. Force it's members to comply with the EU agenda, or otherwise face the wrath of the EU army, which would also compromise of nationals from that country..... I mean, it's not like the EU gives countries the freedom to leave or anything if they wish to do so. yXAbrOQ.png

The EU is already enforcing unpopular and undemocratic economic policies in Greece and Italy by technocratic means. It's not a long shot to think they might need some physical enforcement over the 40 years of the Greek austerity deal.

Again it's not a long shot to think that PP might have liked to have some Romanian troops when the vote was on in Catalonia or that Macron would have liked to send in Slovakian soldiers against the protesters this week.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Again it's not a long shot to think that PP might have liked to have some Romanian troops when the vote was on in Catalonia or that Macron would have liked to send in Slovakian soldiers against the protesters this week.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The EU is already enforcing unpopular and undemocratic economic policies in Greece and Italy by technocratic means. It's not a long shot to think they might need some physical enforcement over the 40 years of the Greek austerity deal.

1448999125817.jpg

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Good thing the EU has freedom of movement then. If life is such hardship in Greece and Italy, one only has to move to another member state. 4U0m6pP.png

3 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

TBF, it's going to be a bit tricky to defend Britain against the Jerries if we share a common armed forces.

Maybe we wouldn't end up going to war at all. Just let the horror of that idea sink in.