Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'll sound out local opinion in the pub tonight - even if I'm under threat of with being barred from the premises if I bring up the "B" word again. I guess I'll just have to take that chance.

Hope it's still open...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/business/activitysizeandlocation/articles/economiesofalesmallpubscloseaschainsfocusonbigbars/2018-11-26

"Likewise, there are far fewer pubs in some areas around Manchester, including Burnley, Bolton and Rochdale, as well as on the outskirts of Birmingham, in areas including Sandwell, Dudley and Walsall."

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Liz Truss (Paisley educated, tory brexiteer) saying on Andrew Neil's programme that if the gov/t was to lose the vote on December 11th and it did go to a second referendum/people's vote, she would be very confident that Leave would win by a much bigger margin than previously.

If that was to happen, presumably it would mean leaving the EU with that worst case scenario - No Deal?

For Leave to win with a bigger margin would mean lots of people who voted Remain the first time around choosing to vote Leave the second time.

While I can sort of understand why people might have voted Leave the first time, I simply cannot understand why anyone would switch to Leave is given the chance in a second referendum.

Surely if there's another referendum all those people who would have voted Remain the last time if they could have been bothered finding their way to their polling station will turn out in droves this time around to ensure the correct result?

I hope a debate happens, just to see how Corbyn plays it.

The time is seriously running out for him to credibly expect remain voters to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. Either he uses the opportunity to actually oppose Brexit or all the Scottish Corbyn fan boys can get back in their fucking box for good. 

Some positives to be had either way.

Pleasing to see Ponsonby giving May a hard time on Scotland today. Also asked about support for a second referendum and what she could constitutionally do about it if voted by majority in parliament. Fluffed round that one moaning about Labour trying to frustrate the electorate.

28 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Surely if there's another referendum all those people who would have voted Remain the last time if they could have been bothered finding their way to their polling station will turn out in droves this time around to ensure the correct result?

It would help if the new young voters actually vote to make use of the old dying off.  Apart from my Dad who would have voted remain again. Although he probably thought he was signing for a pizza delivery at the time tbh.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I hope a debate happens, just to see how Corbyn plays it.

The time is seriously running out for him to credibly expect remain voters to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. Either he uses the opportunity to actually oppose Brexit or all the Scottish Corbyn fan boys can get back in their fucking box for good. 

Some positives to be had either way.

He's got to make free movement negotiable to be credible if he claims he can make a better deal. Not yes or no, but areas for compromise. Otherwise May would rip him apart on the "6 tests".

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Mark Carney now turning the screw. What we need now is utterly dire predictions concerning supplies of HP Sauce, ........... 

Hhm, bit of a low blow that.    Hope my Marmite soldiers don't come under threat.

Guest Bob Mahelp
32 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The more you look at it, the more it looks like May has intentionally sabotaged Brexit. 

You can't sabotage something that was an utter clusterf*ck from day one.

As proven today, there are absolutely no circumstances under which the UK leaving the EU would be of positive economic and/or social benefit.