Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just watching the BBC News and a thought occurs; other than a lot of honeyed waffle from May, does the British negotiating team fully understand what they are proposing to submit for Parliament's approval, given the vague generalities and woolly ambitions in the document ?

It strikes me that May has just constructed an edifice which is about to be condemned.  Then what ?

C9D61B78-AAF6-4C1E-AB94-61BDB06E8262.jpeg.3a2d162ba54c52c700bfc310f8dbee45.jpeg

Saw this c**t getting interviewed earlier on TV.  What an obsequious little twat.  Asked if anyone was happy with the Brexit deal he responded “Yes, me”.

He looks like what happens when you throw out the baby and keep the afterbirth.

Spoiler

He’s ‘Rory’ Stewart MP a junior government minster.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just watching the BBC News and a thought occurs; other than a lot of honeyed waffle from May, does the British negotiating team fully understand what they are proposing to submit for Parliament's approval, given the vague generalities and woolly ambitions in the document ?

It strikes me that May has just constructed an edifice which is about to be condemned.  Then what ?

She's a hard brexiter. The deal is designed to be voted down.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-deal-latest-100-billion-poorer-eu-withdrawal-agreement-a8651146.html

May’s proposed Brexit deal would  leave U.K. £100bn worse off each year for the next decade.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-deal-latest-100-billion-poorer-eu-withdrawal-agreement-a8651146.html

May’s proposed Brexit deal would  leave U.K. £100bn worse off each year for the next decade.

Would or could?

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Saw this c**t getting interviewed earlier on TV.  What an obsequious little twat.  Asked if anyone was happy with the Brexit deal he responded “Yes, me”.

Reveal hidden contents

He is another one of those ex-military turned Tory politicians that you are so fond of! ;)

He wrote a travel book called "The Places in Between" where he went to Northern Afghanistan and got to see things before the Taliban blew them up.

People are suggesting he now write a similar book about Southern Afghanistan.

Edited by Fullerene

Spoiler He’s ‘Rory’ Stewart MP a junior government minster.

Is he the one who was on John Oliver the other day saying that 80% of the British people supported the deal, then had to admit that this was a completely made up?

Reveal hidden contents

9B46B039-464E-4A5A-839D-553416B37336.jpeg

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:
Spoiler He’s ‘Rory’ Stewart MP a junior government minster.

Is he the one who was on John Oliver the other day saying that 80% of the British people supported the deal, then had to admit that this was a completely made up?

Is it the same guy?  Wouldn’t surprise me.  A slimy little toad.

I haven't seen a single study that shows we will be better off under Brexit; not one.  However there have been various estimates of how bad the consequences will be.

If these were all coming from organisations with an anti-government agenda then I could understand people's scepticism, but they are coming from a range of different bodies some of which are government departments and others that are allied to the Conservative Party.

30 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:
54 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:
Would or could?

You don't seem to believe any negative brexit story at all.

I don't believe the pish written on the side of a bus either. I am sceptical of both sides.

I was more interested why GD changed a very important word. The report in the (badly named) Independent said could make us all poorer. Fair enough. We could. No-one can predict with any level of certainty what will happen.

I had the same level of scepticism during indyref when I was told Scotland would be bankrupt within a year.

I've had enough of experts.  :lol:

Or at least experts with agendas.