Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

27 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I wouldn't trust anyone in the labour party to sit the right way round on a lavvy pan.

Clearly it's supposed to be sat on facing the tank so you can lean your paper on it and can clearly see where the flusher is without having to do the reach around. I'm sure South Park clarified this at some point.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Looks like the UK Supreme Court has rejected the Government's appeal against the Article 50 withdrawl matter going to the ECJ.  This is pretty important.

If the ECJ rule that Article 50 can be withdrawn unilaterally then it will be an easy escape route.  All those claiming that there is not time to do X, Y or Z will not be able to argue that there are no other options.

That would require all Labour MP's to vote to withdraw Article 50.

Not a chance in hell, it isn't even on Corbyn's radar. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It would make it easy and quick to do after another referendum or election though.

21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Quite possibly, but if it was a No Deal Brexit v withdrawing Article 50 I think more MPs across all parties would support the latter.

That is a fairly realistic possibility.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

No one is withdrawing A50 without another referendum.

We seem to be hitting peak TINA right now. Maggie would be pwoud.

What's with the indecipherable acronyms from you and banana? Google and Urban Dictionary tells me there's a new Tina Turner musical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_is_no_alternative

There is no alternative (shortened as TINA) was a slogan often used by the Conservative British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.[1]

The phrase was used to signify Thatcher's claim that the market economy is the only system that works, and that debate about this is over. One commenter characterised the meaning of the slogan as "Globalised capitalism, so called free-markets and free trade were the best ways to build wealth, distribute services and grow a society's economy. Deregulation's good, if not God."[2] By contrast, Thatcher described her support of markets as flowing from a more basic moral argument. Specifically she argued that the market-principle of choice flows from the moral principle that for human behavior to be moral requires free-choice by people.[1]

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Thank you. There are a minimum of 4 sides screaming TINA! in London at the moment, probably louder than the musical. A majority in Parliament for anything is nigh impossible.

48 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The spectre of Corbynism:lol:

Thanks. I thought it was a good one as well.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What's with the indecipherable acronyms from you and banana? Google and Urban Dictionary tells me there's a new Tina Turner musical.

Tbf to HB that's a fairly standard acronym.

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's very useful information - tickets for that Tina show are actually quite reasonably priced by London standards.

In fact this is probably the most helpful post I've read on here today.

:)

2 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/1064834944449564673

Josep Borell, the Spanish foreign minister, just confirmed that the Sanchez government would not block an independent Scotland from joining the EU.

(he is the former president of the European parliament)

His party have been slagged off by the right for not standing up for Spain over Gibraltar. He's having a go at the UK to take the heat off, knowing that they can freely vote against the Withdrawal thing as it's run on a qualified majority and it's unlikely any other country will vote it down. Spain have always said it's ok if done according to the rules anyway.

50 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's very useful information - tickets for that Tina show are actually quite reasonably priced by London standards.

In fact this is probably the most helpful post I've read on here today.

:)

Yeah but some of those backing singers look like questionable EU types who need to be sent packing.

Any chance any of your pals in Burnley could stand in for them? :)

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

So we need to get independence when PP are out of government...

The PP said exactly the same, no complaints about Scotland joining or staying in the EU so long as the process of gaining independence was legal. They'd love the UK to break up, from ancient feuds.

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That ghastly Kate Hoey was on the BBC Politics show at lunchtime extolling the virtues of a No Deal .

She laughed off suggestions that this would be disastrous for the UK insisting it would be much worse for the EU. That line gets pedalled by quite a few of these hard brexit nutters. When they say that, do they mean it will be more disastrous for all 27 members?

It is disturbing that there is that element in the government AND some of its support who would be happy with No deal.

I'm beginning to wish I still lived in Spain.

She should just f**k off and join UKIP.

Total c**t of a politician.

2 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/1064834944449564673

Josep Borell, the Spanish foreign minister, just confirmed that the Sanchez government would not block an independent Scotland from joining the EU.

(he is the former president of the European parliament)

You can always trust a Sanchez.