Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There's either got to be a so called peoples vote or a revised deal negotiated around the whole of the UK remaining in the single market - as the SNP have repeatedly called for

The SNP demands to have more involvement in drafting a deal will just continue to be ignored by Westminster and whoever ends up in No.10 so a GE would really rely on a remainer to avoid a no deal scenario now IMO.

It's clear Scotland has little to no say in brexit despite clearly voting in majority to remain. Indyref 2 will be the next option if a no deal brexit happens.

Noticed a few posts previously about extending article 50 and it got me thinking.

The trouble is there’s European elections coming up so i can’t see them agreeing to that. That puts into question whether or not you could have a Peoples Vote or General Election and get the whole thing sorted before March. I would think not tbh.

That leaves us with a a situation of either the deal that’s on the table, which doesn’t look like it will get through Parliament, or no deal at all. It’s a fool who predicts anything in politics at the moment, but f**k it, I’m sticking a fiver on no deal.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There's either got to be a so called peoples vote or a revised deal negotiated around the whole of the UK remaining in the single market - as the SNP have repeatedly called for.

I can't believe that the default option at present would be to leave without a deal - although believe it or not, there are no shortage of morons here in the Burnley area that would be happy with that!

The stalemate Theresa the patsy has put the country in is no deal or her deal if it goes to the public,she knows it won't get through Parliament plus she knows she is going to fall on her sword.
But her deal will still be on the table if the public get to choose.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'm assuming that the cretins who follow this narrative are actually looking for anarchy where they can choose to do exactly as they wish in some sort of dystopian lawless society ??

"no brown people"

Not convinced this is a genuine tweet, but certainly can't argue with the sentiment expressed.

I've been sat up in bed for hours, whisky on the bedside table, soft jazz playing in the background, trying to think if I've ever worked with a more idiotic bunch of self centred b*****ds in my nearly 50 years as a MP.

Nope, still can't think of any. Time for another bottle.

2 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Noticed a few posts previously about extending article 50 and it got me thinking.

The trouble is there’s European elections coming up so i can’t see them agreeing to that. That puts into question whether or not you could have a Peoples Vote or General Election and get the whole thing sorted before March. I would think not tbh.

That leaves us with a a situation of either the deal that’s on the table, which doesn’t look like it will get through Parliament, or no deal at all. It’s a fool who predicts anything in politics at the moment, but f**k it, I’m sticking a fiver on no deal.

I'm betting the other way. They'll play with the Political Declaration on the eventual settlement after the transition period to get the votes they need, either from Remainers or soft Brexiteers. Remember most Tories will vote the way the whips tell them to keep on the gravy train. DUP* are coming under pressure from NI businesses and farmers to make a deal as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46220456

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/756378/14_November_Outline_Political_Declaration_on_the_Future_Relationship.pdf

Edited by welshbairn

Beth Rigby on Sky saying that 48 letters have been reached

Which is merely symbolic, as it’s very clear from the lack of big name resignations that May would win a vote of no confidence. That would strengthen her position and weaken that of Fox et al.

One of the Scottish tory lickpsittles was on Radio Scotland this morning and if you didn't know better, you'd have believed there wasn't an Irish backstop.  I think it might have been Ross Thompson and he first seemed to deny Scotland would be treated differently from NI and then adopted a position of "it might say that but we'd never use it".  They're absolute wankers to a man.

Fluffy - I'll resign if NI is treated differently. 

DUP - we would rather risk Corbyn than vote for this deal. 

Fluffy - I'm happy with the deal. 

A c**t's c**t. 

35 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Which is merely symbolic, as it’s very clear from the lack of big name resignations that May would win a vote of no confidence. That would strengthen her position and weaken that of Fox et al.

If 48 Tory MPs are prepared to force a leadership challenge, knowing all that it entails and the risk of defeat, then that's 48 who are not under any circumstances going to vote for May's Brexit deal.  Even if they abstain then that 48 could well tip the balance in favour of the deal not getting Parliamentary approval.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If 48 Tory MPs are prepared to force a leadership challenge, knowing all that it entails and the risk of defeat, then that's 48 who are not under any circumstances going to vote for May's Brexit deal.  Even if they abstain then that 48 could well tip the balance in favour of the deal not getting Parliamentary approval.

Aye add in the DUP and May is fucked.

No deal Brexit here we come. Fish, carrots, tatties and broccoli for dinner every night. We are going to be the fittest, slimmest nation in the world.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Can't underestimate Labour's ability to f**k up the easiest of open goals though. I'm sure more than a few are itching to abstain.

Abstaining isn't going to be enough if the ERG and DUP vote against.

There is a hardcore of 20-30 anti Corbyn MPs. And May will obviously have Lib Dem support as well.

Karen Buck Yvette Cooper Neil Coyle Stella Creasy Mike Gapes  Roger Godsiff Kate Green Magaret Hodge Helen Jones Liz Kendall David Lammy Pat McFadden Alison McGovern Ian Murray Lisa Nandy Jess Phillips Lucy Powell Emma Reynolds Gareth Snell Martin Whitfield 

All tried to embarrass McDonnell on the budget. Chukka must have been too busy earning his Soros money to vote.

13 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Can't underestimate Labour's ability to f**k up the easiest of open goals though. I'm sure more than a few are itching to abstain.

You can be sure that if some of them need to make up the numbers to force the deal through, they'll do just that.