Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

10 minutes ago, Ross. said:

And if he does finally go for it, he will say he only meant that he wasn't going for it at that specific time, but circumstances changed etc etc etc.

I think Mogg is too clever to want to be PM/Tory leader at this time.

If May goes whoever takes over has a near impossible job.  Mogg’s vision of Brexit is the one with least Parliamentary support.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think Mogg is too clever to want to be PM/Tory leader at this time.

If May goes whoever takes over has a near impossible job.  Mogg’s vision of Brexit is the one with least Parliamentary support.

Both him and Boris definitely have an eye on the job but neither wants it immediately before or after Brexit, for very obvious reasons. Quite who will be brave/stupid enough to replace May at this point is beyond me, but there will be someone out there who see's it as an opportunity they will otherwise never get.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Both him and Boris definitely have an eye on the job but neither wants it immediately before or after Brexit, for very obvious reasons. Quite who will be brave/stupid enough to replace May at this point is beyond me, but there will be someone out there who see's it as an opportunity they will otherwise never get.

image.jpeg.28be65e2d92f0d053b1eb1c9c3378822.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Johnson is more reckless than Mogg.  Comments like “f*ck business” are testament to that.

He probably thinks he can bluff and blunder his way through and is so desperate for the job he would take it under any circumstances.

That said I think May will defeat all comers thought christ knows why she wants to hang on.

What are the odds being offered on next Tory leader?

As speculation continues over Conservative MPs submitting letters of no confidence in the PM to the 1922 Committee, who do the bookmakers think might succeed Theresa May if a vacancy arises?

Dominic Raab - 5/1

Sajid Javid - 11/2

Boris Johnson - 6/1

Michael Gove - 17/2

Jeremy Hunt - 17/2

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 17/2

David Davis - 17/2

*Odds worked out taking the average from six bookmakers.

Wonder what the odds are on May seeing them all off?

23 minutes ago, Ross. said:

And if he does finally go for it, he will say he only meant that he wasn't going for it at that specific time, but circumstances changed etc etc etc.

"While one does not seek the office, one has pledged oneself to the service of one's country. And if one's friends were to persuade one that that was the best way one could serve, one might reluctantly have to accept the responsibility, whatever one's own private wishes might be."

ym34_jim2.jpg

Looking forward to hearing what P & Bs favourite Scottish Tory, Kirstene Hair, has to say about all of this. Probably something about the SNP and rubbish broadband connections.