Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Indeed. 

I think a big problem for May is she's never actually taken a side in her own party and now everyone has just turned against her. The easiest solution would've been a soft as possible Brexit which Labour, SNP etc would have had no choice but to support. She would've gotten support from the easily whipped ( ;) ) in her party and the likes of Soubry/Ken Clarke and she'd have gotten out of this mess intact. 

I can't see her lasting the month to be honest.

If she makes it to the end of the week I'll be impressed.

And yes, I do know it's Thursday.

Just now, zidane's child said:

I'll expect to see your face on the Andrew Marr show then

I could probably do the job as well as any politician.

"So, Ross, you think Brexit is horrendous idea?"

"Yes"

"And you voluntarily left the EU 6 years ago?"

"Yes"

Fin.

13 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I can only try so hard to not dish out the “Told you so’s” and “GIRUY’s” to people I know that voted to leave. This whole scenario is the perfect example of an omnishambles.

None of this had to be an omnishambles, if the right people were in place to take us forward out if the EU.

No backbone as it is.

Just now, doulikefish said:

^^^^^
Negotiated a better deal than Raab type post

I seem to be in the "Rees-Mogg" bracket of folk who, the worse the UK does, the better it is for me as an individual, from a financial POV.

I'd much rather it didn't happen at all though. Unless it really does end up delivering independence.

15 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

An unholy mess which derives from it being uber complex and never being able to satisfy everyone.

This is what happens when you let millions of numb-nuts vote for something they do not understand and more importantly have no grasp of the consequences. 

There were folk on here who voted leave purely because they thought Cameron was a smug git.

I'd like to see one of the ERG lot invoking the failure to respect the manifesto pledge to leave the Customs Union as the reason for not supporting the deal explain how they would make a deal that does so while ensuring no hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, thus respecting the Belfast Agreement.

When I say 'explain', I'm looking for something more specific than blurting out 'technology' then changing the subject.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd like to see one of the ERG lot invoking the failure to respect the manifesto pledge to leave the Customs Union as the reason for not supporting the deal explain how they would make a deal that does so while ensuring no hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, thus respecting the Belfast Agreement.

When I say 'explain', I'm looking for something more specific than blurting out 'technology' then changing the subject.

But they can’t.  No border and out of the CU was always the circle that couldn’t be squared.  Only self deluded fools and outright liars claimed differently.

So these folk resigning are basically saying "we got you into this mess, encouraged the public to vote for Brexit, and now it's turning into a shit show we're going to walk away and shirk all responsibility."  The absolute gall.  In some ways, I have more respect for Jacob Rees-Mogg than I do for these cowards.   A very low bar, I know, but still.  A complete dereliction of duty.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

So these folk resigning are basically saying "we got you into this mess, encouraged the public to vote for Brexit, and now it's turning into a shit show we're going to walk away and shirk all responsibility."  The absolute gall.  In some ways, I have more respect for Jacob Rees-Mogg than I do for these cowards.   A very low bar, I know, but still.  A complete dereliction of duty.

Raab and McVey are pretty much the worst two who could have done this for the reasons described already by yourself and others - Raab negotiates the deal then says he has to resign because it's so bad, McVey spends however long trying to push Universal Credit then gets to slither off on something else before it's... well, not fixed, before she has to be held accountable for it. 

I don't know how anyone, anywhere can vote for these people.