Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

18 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

First of all - #cringe 

Second of all, those who live in the "6 counties", AKA Northern Ireland, want to remain British.

About time they started to ask nicely then, instead of undermining our elected Government with bribery demands and think about representing their electorate who voted overwhelmingly for Remain.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

From what I can gather:

Transition period (previously 21 months) is not specified.

UK will remain subject to ECJ rules until end of transition period.

UK will not be able to unilaterally withdraw from backstop.

Future trade is not even touched on, just kicked further down the road.

Not to mention the  £39bn financial settlement. Imagine actually voting for brexit and getting this from the PM. What a minter 

22 minutes ago, tintax said:

Not to mention the  £39bn financial settlement. Imagine actually voting for brexit and getting this from the PM. What a minter 

That was always going to have to be paid.  Only the Gammons who didn’t understand what it was for thought the U.K. could escape its financial obligations.

1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Guy on the news just now:

"It's still gonna leave us too shackled to the EU. We won't be able to do trade deals with the Commonwealth. Australia and New Zealand are crying out for a trade deal."

I love that when Brexiters talk about trading with the Commonwealth, they never mention any of the genuinely big members. It's always bloody New Zealand.  A country that's 11,000 miles away and has a smaller population than Madrid. 

The post-Brexit criteria for suitable trade partners:

a) Be predominantly white,

b) Have a Test cricket team.

Anyone else is just too foreign.

There you go again about New Zealand being 11,000 miles away.

Ideally, we would like a trading partner that was even further away but nothing springs to mind.

Any suggestions?

Throwing it back to you.

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

The Telegraph reporting that 3 members of May's cabinet will resign tomorrow over this.

Bet they will be people I've never heard of. Not their fault, I used to know this stuff. At a push I could name about 4 these days, not very confidently.

So it comes down to TM finessing her Cabinet Ministers on both sides of the argument - it feels like a game of Kerplunk with TM one stick away from a massive cascade!

Edited by btb

10 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

And there’s the first one gone, Minister for Northern Ireland resigns.

Junior Minister. I didn't even know there was a Junior one. What do they need a Junior one for, the Senior one doesn't do much?

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grammar, dear boy, grammar

32 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

And there’s the first one gone, Minister for Northern Ireland resigns.

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not THE Minister for Northern Ireland. Some junior nobody. 

I would not make light of it.  Every resignation is welcome; hopefully more will follow.

With the BBC reporting that the DUP will vote against the deal then it is doubtful this will get through Parliament.

54 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Shame Fluffy doesn’t have an ounce of moral dignity in his body, to follow suit.

Tbf to him, you can't expect him to resign on a matter of principle when he doesn't have any principles. This is the Tory politician who turned up to open a foodbank after all.