Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

30 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

So let’s get this straight. The First Minister of Scotland wants Scotland to remain in the single market but the draft agreement says no. The First Minister of Northern Ireland doesn’t want Northern Ireland to be in the single market but the draft agreement says yes. The Brexiteers in the cabinet hate the draft agreement but have fallen into line in case they risk a general election. The Remainers in the cabinet hate the draft agreement but have fallen into line in case they risk a general election. Corbyn is deciding whether he needs a shite, a haircut or a hot pie.

Democracy – Everyone gets what nobody wants!

The difference is that Northern Ireland  has a binding multiparty international treaty in the Good Friday agreement that neither the EU or Ireland will ever back down from. Scotland has a convention which the government has little obligation to follow. 

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What about me? :bairn Assuming it will be reciprocal. 

Wasn’t the Scottish system proposed in 2014 broadly this?

No idea. Think we've run out of Romanian Professors to pick our strawberries though. 

Bit annoyed by this snippet of the agreement.

Ending Free Movement

● Ending free movement and introducing our new skills-based immigration system.

● Visa-free travel for tourism and temporary business activity, to ensure businesses can continue to provide services and move their talented people.

Why are you annoyed. It's visa free travel

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why are you annoyed. It's visa free travel

We'll still need an American style electronic thing everytime we go, unless we're going to the same country each time, then it would be every 3 years. As I have zero talent or skills like many Europeans I feel there is massive discrimination going on.

We'll still need an American style electronic thing everytime we go, unless we're going to the same country each time, then it would be every 3 years. As I have zero talent or skills like many Europeans I feel there is massive discrimination going on.
Why would you need a esta visa thingy to go on holiday if it's stating visa free travel?
I say you off course because I rather smugly have an Irish passport

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why would you need a esta visa thingy to go on holiday if it's stating visa free travel?
I say you off course because I rather smugly have an Irish passport

Etias is a different thing, you smug c**t. 

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/visas-brexit-no-deal-british-citizens-eu-countries/

I'm getting confused. I was using the esta thing as an example, appreciate the EU one will be different BUT my point was that you won't need this due to brexit, is it not saying visa free travel. Why would you need an electronic visa?

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm getting confused. I was using the esta thing as an example, appreciate the EU one will be difficult BUT my point was that you won't need this due to brexit, is it not saying visa free travel. Why would you need an electronic visa?

Etias is a new security thing  for third world type countries who even might have a visa free deal, but still get put in the slow lane at airports. That's where we're going.

A few Brexiteer Ministers look like they’ve pinned their colours to a very shaky mast.  If this doesn’t get through Parliament I can see some careers going right down the toilet.

Hopefully a leadership challenge in the next few days.

Guy on the news just now:

"It's still gonna leave us too shackled to the EU. We won't be able to do trade deals with the Commonwealth. Australia and New Zealand are crying out for a trade deal."

I love that when Brexiters talk about trading with the Commonwealth, they never mention any of the genuinely big members. It's always bloody New Zealand.  A country that's 11,000 miles away and has a smaller population than Madrid. 

The post-Brexit criteria for suitable trade partners:

a) Be predominantly white,

b) Have a Test cricket team.

Anyone else is just too foreign.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Feck DUP
Give the 6 counties back
Scotland trade with EU on a Sunday
Armageddon
Scottish tax haven
It's our fish wit yae gonna dae aboot it.
You can stick your nuclear weapons up your arse

First of all - #cringe 

Second of all, those who live in the "6 counties", AKA Northern Ireland, want to remain British.

From what I can gather:

Transition period (previously 21 months) is not specified.

UK will remain subject to ECJ rules until end of transition period.

UK will not be able to unilaterally withdraw from backstop.

Future trade is not even touched on, just kicked further down the road.