Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Thanks to Sinn Fein. All the other parties are quite happy to form an Executive. Only Sinn Fein aren't, which stymies the whole thing.

I'm happy to also tar Sinn Fein as f*ckwits. The DUP leader being in charge of a scheme that was almost literally burning public money seems to qualify for the incompetent tag though.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Thanks to Sinn Fein. All the other parties are quite happy to form an Executive. Only Sinn Fein aren't, which stymies the whole thing.

You could handle the odd dual language sign couldn't you, like they do in Scotland and Wales?

16 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I'm happy to also tar Sinn Fein as f*ckwits. The DUP leader being in charge of a scheme that was almost literally burning public money seems to qualify for the incompetent tag though.

That may be the case, but it was Sinn Fein who collapsed the institutions and won't get them re-started.

15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are the DUP willing to accept an Irish language act to preserve the cultural heritage of the north of Ireland?

No (as far as I know). But that wasn't a problem for Sinn Fein prior to collapsing the institutions. And to the best of my knowledge the cultural heritage of Donegal is just fine.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could handle the odd dual language sign couldn't you, like they do in Scotland and Wales?

We already have dual language signs.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Pound surges on hopes of deal.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46200297

It's gone from €1.14 to €1.15 as far as I can see. Some surge. 

It was €1.12 a fortnight ago

3 cents in a fortnight is worth noting but for perspective we were at €1.41 on the eve of the referendum

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was €1.12 a fortnight ago

3 cents in a fortnight is worth noting but for perspective we were at €1.41 on the eve of the referendum

I bought a big stash for 1.39 when it it started going south. Spent it on holidays and tobacco smuggling since, but just bought £3 hundred at 1.1436 in case my January holiday spending money gets more expensive.

P.S. Might have been 1.29 when I finally got someone to sell some come to think of it..

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Who will be the first cabinet member to resign?

Penny mourdant is 3/1 to resign but I don't think anyone will resign tomorrow.

I've not done the arithmetic but this "deal" will probably struggle to get through the commons. The Tory chief whip must be sh*tting his pants as we speak.