Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:
They're not getting the money personally, it's for spending on infrastructure, education, the health service, housing etc, you know the sort of stuff politicians are expected to do for the country.
It's not exactly the RHI scheme...

As a matter of interest, and ignoring the fact that Foster and Co should have been drummed out of office for the wood-burning pellet fiasco, just who in NI is administering this Westminster bounty ? I mean, there is no Government there in any conventional sense right now.

Perhaps they should have been, but considering they all got re-elected at the subsequent election it's a moot point, as in order to form a government, the DUP would have to be in office. And ALL parties share blame for the cash for ash debacle, not just the DUP, although they must take the bulk of the blame.

And as far as I know the Danegeld hasn't all been allocated yet as there is no government, not that I would ever have described it as "conventional" at any time. (Maybe when the UUP and SDLP were top dogs.)

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Anyone seen Jezza Corbyn?

Has he fallen and can't get up?

He was present and correct at PMQs hammering May on Universal Credit on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/10/pmqs-verdict-corbyn-shreds-mays-breezy-conference-promises

On Thursday he marked Black History Month by visiting former slave trade hub Bristol.

He said: "It is vital that future generations understand the role that black Britons have played in our country's history and the struggle for racial equality.

"In the light of the Windrush scandal, Black History Month has taken on a renewed significance and it is more important now than ever that we learn and understand, as a society, the role and legacy of the British Empire, colonisation and slavery."

Today he was in his constituency as most MPs are on a Friday

What have you done this week Cerberus?

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye, right.

2. Does it deliver the “exact same benefits” as we currently have as members of the Single Market and Customs Union?

3. Does it ensure the fair management of migration in the interests of the economy and communities?

When are we expecting the complete onslaught from Boris?

Honestly think that Ship has sailed.
There was a bit of a fuss over his fringe meeting in Birmingham, but it passed quickly. He doesn’t have the level of credible support that might have enjoyed two years ago, both within his own party and across the Shires.

Idk if it’s a sincere belief among people that the campaign had as big an effect on the Brexit vote as the preceding twenty years of being hammered off the establishment parties. Maybe if people can convince themselves that they can pinpoint to specific factors like Corbyn’s lack of enthusiasm or Cambridge Analytica they can re run the Remain campaign with a couple of minor tweaks and romp home.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Never ever thought I would come on here and defend the guy, but he does deserve some credit for suggesting that the UK should remain in the customs union.

The LabourBad is as tedious as the SNPbad.  

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Honestly think that Ship has sailed.
There was a bit of a fuss over his fringe meeting in Birmingham, but it passed quickly. He doesn’t have the level of credible support that might have enjoyed two years ago, both within his own party and across the Shires.

Rees-Mogg is more credible I reckon.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

He was present and correct at PMQs hammering May on Universal Credit on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/10/pmqs-verdict-corbyn-shreds-mays-breezy-conference-promises

On Thursday he marked Black History Month by visiting former slave trade hub Bristol.

Today he was in his constituency as most MPs are on a Friday

What have you done this week Cerberus?

Checked my email, had a few ham shanks. 

Busy work without contributing anything spectacular, much like Bolshevik Bob there.

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Perhaps they should have been, but considering they all got re-elected at the subsequent election it's a moot point, as in order to form a government, the DUP would have to be in office. And ALL parties share blame for the cash for ash debacle, not just the DUP, although they must take the bulk of the blame.

And as far as I know the Danegeld hasn't all been allocated yet as there is no government, not that I would ever have described it as "conventional" at any time. (Maybe when the UUP and SDLP were top dogs.)

Saw an article somewhere yesterday that mentioned that 450 million of the initial billion has already been spent in the context of direct rule.

LabourBad is serious business down here in south England

My favourite one was southerners shitting themselves over McDonnell saying that anyone who earns over 70k a year should be considered rich. These are the same folk that claim you can live a life of luxury on like 20 grand a year.