7 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

why? 

why? 

emptied for what.

why? 

emptied for what.

(I just remembered you Scottish nationalists are hard-line fascists that eradicate all opinions that disagree with the voice of your unicorn god)

2 edits in about two minutes...

Special trolling.

Well done you.

1 minute ago, jupe1407 said:
The dunderhead nationalists are taking it well. 

^^^ Duncan Hothersall found

what a bunch of small-minded nobodies you are

and when I say small-minded, I mean thick as fuxx

Edited by Jambo99

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45616308

Looks like Labour’s position could become crystallised and offer a clear alternative to the Tories.  I can see Parliament rejecting any alternative May puts before it and a second vote becoming the only game in town.

Gammon coronaries left, right and centre being an added bonus.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Thing is, having 52% (or more) of the overall turnout voting Leave but not technically 'winning' would have handed a massive grievance on a plate to the right-wing populists; it would have been so easy for them then to present the entire process as evidence of yet another establishment stitch-up against the wishes of 'ordinary people'. Indeed, it could even have resulted in even more polarising and sinister rhetoric and tendencies emerging than some of what we have witnessed recently. 

I realise that, but at least we would have known the rules before we voted. And the Leave camp could always have pressed for another referendum. Was there not a % majority/of the electorate built into one of the Scottish referenda on devolution?

Politics is by its very nature divisive and can bring out the worst in folk - just witness some of the posts in the politics forum, absolutely dripping in bile, hatred and vitriol - so I don't think we would have been much worse off in that regard.

Anyway the entire EU Referendum was misconceived and mishandled (still is being mishandled), but we're going to have to live with the consequences.

Still not convinced there won't be some sort of fudged deal pushing our eventual departure further down the line than next March (but don't ask what that deal will look like or how it will be sold to us).

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45616308

Looks like Labour’s position could become crystallised and offer a clear alternative to the Tories.  I can see Parliament rejecting any alternative May puts before it and a second vote becoming the only game in town.

Gammon coronaries left, right and centre being an added bonus.

A second vote by whom? We, the people? I've read that it would be impossible to organise another referendum in the time available before we exit. Yes, I know that's 6 months away, but apparently these things take(a lot of) time in order to get the necessary legislation through parliament apart from anything else.

7 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

This guy bites pretty much instantly emoji38.png

So do the guys who reply to him.

Not much point in complaining about a troll (if such he is) and then constantly quoting him/replying to him.

Either stick him on ignore or just ignore him.

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I realise that, but at least we would have known the rules before we voted. And the Leave camp could always have pressed for another referendum. Was there not a % majority/of the electorate built into one of the Scottish referenda on devolution?

40% of the electorate had to vote for the proposal for the 1979 Scottish Devolution referendum. 

Just now, dorlomin said:

40% of the electorate had to vote for the proposal for the 1979 Scottish Devolution referendum. 

How would that have translated in terms of the EU referendum result? (I suppose I could look it up myself! :lol:)

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How would that have translated in terms of the EU referendum result? (I suppose I could look it up myself! :lol:)

51.89% voted out.

72.21% of the eligible electorate voted.

About 36.72% of the eligible electorate voted to leave the EU. 

If the tories pull the pin on May then the chances of a snap election are petty high. It would be  rather difficult to predict given the generally close polling and a huge wedge issue splitting both parties and their support, with a potential "no deal" possibly shifting voters views on where to jump. 

11 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Only 36.72% of the electorate.  Brexit should be cancelled instead of pandering to the minority. 

Remain fared worse. 

The whole thing is a mess. To make mattes "worse" its likely that demographically the country will become more remain in the coming years. A second referendum might not "heal" many wounds but if it was remain, it could kick the issue into the long grass long enough for the leavers to begin dying in numbers.