Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I liked May accusing them of gamesmanship and then talking up a no deal Brexit in the next sentence. Bringing up the concept of bluffing right before actually bluffing. Convincing stuff.

How do the folk wanting/expecting a Labour govt soon expect that to play out? Corbyn seems to be pretty flimsy on what should happen here. Will the EU change their mind and start agreeing to a picky choosy meh Brexit or is Big Jez going to a give us red, white a blue granite hard Brexit?

Personally I don't think he would even want to be PM before we leave on someone else's watch so an election would be a great laugh.

I have to disagree with your first paragraph tbh. The UK chose to leave, the EU can't be seen to be giving it a good deal as will only serve to encourage right-leaning politicians in other countries to follow a similar course. In short the EU Bloc owes the UK nothing and shouldn't have to put itself in jeopardy to satiate the bizarre mix of racist and imperialistic fantasies of fuckwitted voters in the UK. May is a complete shambles of a politician, further hamstrung by her absolute cowardice in failing to stand up to wankers like JRM and BoJo even once.

Agree with the rest of your post, however that will require May to show some backbone, so there is absolutely zero chance of it happening.

Understand and appreciate your point entirely, but if the EU constitution allows a partner to relinquish its membership, surely they have an equal responsibility to have provisions in place for such an eventuality. That doesn’t mean that they offer an incentivised or attractive deal that encourages others, but I think that most rational observers agree that NO deal doesn’t help either party.
The onus is just as much on the EU as the British Government. The fundamental principles of both democratic parliaments allowed this to happen, irrespective of the outcome.

I liked May accusing them of gamesmanship and then talking up a no deal Brexit in the next sentence. Bringing up the concept of bluffing right before actually bluffing. Convincing stuff.

How do the folk wanting/expecting a Labour govt soon expect that to play out? Corbyn seems to be pretty flimsy on what should happen here. Will the EU change their mind and start agreeing to a picky choosy meh Brexit or is Big Jez going to a give us red, white a blue granite hard Brexit?

Personally I don't think he would even want to be PM before we leave on someone else's watch so an election would be a great laugh.

The only thing that could make this situation worse (if that’s even possible) is to have a Labour Government at Westminster with Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott and fuckin Barry Gardiner at the Helm.

Jeezus!! eek

(The prospect of a Mogg, Johnson, Gove & Davis dream-team offers a similar spinal shudder btw)

A highlight - Dutch PM: Netherlands is more prepared than UK for No Deal.

Which shows how bad it’s got for the UK considering the Netherlands have probably been the most influential EU country arguing for the EU to take a softer stance on Brexit.

This summit seems be to a huge win for Macron, which may actually suit many Brexiteers. It’s quite easy to direct all you and your supporters hatred towards a French Blairite.

Understand and appreciate your point entirely, but if the EU constitution allows a partner to relinquish its membership, surely they have an equal responsibility to have provisions in place for such an eventuality. That doesn’t mean that they offer an incentivised or attractive deal that encourages others, but I think that most rational observers agree that NO deal doesn’t help either party.
The onus is just as much on the EU as the British Government. The fundamental principles of both democratic parliaments allowed this to happen, irrespective of the outcome.
Hmm. This isn't a mutual decision of the UK and EU to split. This is the UK basically saying "we're off". They shouldn't and probably can't be seen to cave in/give a country which decides to GTF any concessions. Any sort of middle ground seems an impossibility here so the EUs choice is essentially caving in to Britain's demands, or playing hardball. Quite understandably, it'll be the latter.
The war gammons are singing loudly on BBC thread. We should have left Hitler in France blah blah blah.
Utter cringe
Have Your Say on the BBC site is a terrifying glimpse into the mind of the average OFTW gammon. The sooner that generation of aging Johnny Foreigner-hating c***s thins out considerably, the better.

24 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Have Your Say on the BBC site is a terrifying glimpse into the mind of the average OFTW gammon. The sooner that generation of aging Johnny Foreigner-hating c***s thins out considerably, the better.

This - makes me wonder if a second UKIP resurgence is possible with the way this lot act!

17 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Comparable to the BBC comments: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45586010

BBC have your say is gammon central. 

OUT MEANS OUT. 

WILL OF THE PEOPLE

RESPECT OUR DEMOCRACY

GET US OUT NO DEAL PLEASE

THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM

Fucking old mutant b*****ds think the UK is still a colonial superpower.

If we go out with no deal, or anything close, the job of PM over the next 2-3 years will be near impossible.

OK some incredibly desperate c**t will still want it but it will be an impossible position they will inherit and a hellish legacy that they will leave.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If we go out with no deal, or anything close, the job of PM over the next 2-3 years will be near impossible.

OK some incredibly desperate c**t will still want it but it will be an impossible position they will inherit and a hellish legacy that they will leave.

The next PM will have a tough time but made much easier by the fact they'll just lay the blame for the Brexit mess at May's feet and say it was her fault, and Cameron's as well.

Which will be true.

22 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The next PM will have a tough time but made much easier by the fact they'll just lay the blame for the Brexit mess at May's feet and say it was her fault, and Cameron's as well.

Which will be true.

If the next PM in these circumstances is a hard Brexiteer he/she will have a tough job trying to pass the buck.

ETA I was not just talking about public criticism btw, I think the economy of the country will be a mess and it’s management very hard.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Understand and appreciate your point entirely, but if the EU constitution allows a partner to relinquish its membership, surely they have an equal responsibility to have provisions in place for such an eventuality. 

They are protecting what they see as the integrity of their "4 freedoms". The UK is trying to pick and mix from those, the UK has to chose to either respect them or be out the single market all together. 

Just now, dorlomin said:

They are protecting what they see as the integrity of their "4 freedoms". The UK is trying to pick and mix from those, the UK has to chose to either respect them or be out the single market all together. 

^^^^ This.

The frustrating thing is this has been the EU’s position from Day 1 and only an idiot would think they would change it.

BTW, if the U.K. was still in and it was another country wanting to leave there is no way the U.K. would agree to a compromise on the 4 freedoms.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the next PM in these circumstances is a hard Brexiteer he/she will have a tough job trying to pass the buck.

ETA I was not just talking about public criticism btw, I think the economy of the country will be a mess and it’s management very hard.

I agree. But any sensible government will just go with a party line of bravely trying (and failing) to put out fires they didn't start.

Unless as you say they actually advocated for a hard Brexit in the first place. When it becomes clear how much of an economic disaster that is I'm fairly confident whichever party is in power they won't be backing a hard brexiter as their leader anyway if they want to regain voter confidence.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If May resigned they would all be lining to take over but then something would come up.

"Bit of a sore knee."
"My left elbow is playing up again."
"Don't really like the wallpaper at Number 10.  Can't see myself living there."

They all want to be back-seat drivers but would be absolutely hopeless if they had to steer the thing themselves.