Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 minutes ago, banana said:

:o

http://news-watch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/News-watch-Survey-of-Radio-4s-Brexit-A-Guide-for-the-Perplexed.pdf

SNP fanboys will no doubt empathise and join hands with Brexiteers against such disgusting ongoing bias from Project Fearism at the BBC :angry:

Most of the programmes involved the effects of Brexit on the supply chain and red tape. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone involved in medicine or manufacturing, say, who thought Brexit would improve things. If most knowledgeable people in specific areas of expertise agreed that Brexit would be bad for their sector, it would be dishonest for the programmes not to reflect that.  

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Bloody EU migrants, coming over here contributing £2,300 more each year to the economy than good honest British people.

I didn’t die in two world wars only to live to see this happen.

God Save The Queen and her Greek husband.

It's a load of shite though.

They are comparing EU workers with all British adults. The correct comparison would be EU full time workers vs British full time workers corrected for age and gender.

They also seem to have only counted benefits/services personally consumed when the reality is we all benefit from the NHS, education, infrastructure etc regardless of whether we personally use it.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's a load of shite though.

They are comparing EU workers with all British adults. The correct comparison would be EU full time workers vs British full time workers corrected for age and gender.

They also seem to have only counted benefits/services personally consumed when the reality is we all benefit from the NHS, education, infrastructure etc regardless of whether we personally use it.

Of course it's relevant, they're a net gain to the British economy. 

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's only a net gain if you believe that the work they engage in wouldn't be done if they didn't come here.

You also need to consider remittances and other money leaving the country.

You mean all that fruit is going to pick itself? Farmer Giles and his brexit-voting mates will be happy!*

*Not really - the only thing I'm looking forward to after Brexit is this lot getting killed and eaten by their serfs before the rest of us have to hone our hunting and foraging skills. 

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Bloody EU migrants, coming over here contributing £2,300 more each year to the economy than good honest British people.

I didn’t die in two world wars only to live to see this happen.

God Save The German Queen and her Greek husband.

FTFY

48 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I had a head knock yesterday in work so I may have imagined this but I'm sure there was a woman on the BBC news channel who lived in Bulgaria who said it was great because it's like 50s Britain

Game's a bogey, lads. 

Can we send all the Gammons to Bulgaria and cancel Brexit?

7 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45566205

EU ready to improve Brexit border offer. Dunno what you were all so worried about lads. Chill x

Interesting spin by the BBC.  At the same time as saying that Barnier confirmed that the EU will not compromise on the four freedoms, so Chequers is (still) dead in the water.

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I had a head knock yesterday in work so I may have imagined this but I'm sure there was a woman on the BBC news channel who lived in Bulgaria who said it was great because it's like 50s Britain

Game's a bogey, lads. 

That's code for no blacks, muslims or "in your face" homosexuals.

I actually saw this on the news and they were a weird bunch. I've stayed in a friend's parents' house in one of those of British areas in the south of Spain. Pretty much everyone is an alcoholic with skin like Paul Hogan and pub quiz daft.

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

Does anyone know the date for the commons vote on the Chequers proposal will be roughly?

I may be wrong but I don't think a vote is a definite, it depends on Bercow.  The PM will make a statement and the Speaker will decide if it can be amended and voted on.

If I am wrong about this I am happy to be corrected.

I also think it could be as late as February before May must come back to the Commons with a final proposal.