Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Agree with GD. There is no chequers agreement. It's a plan which the EU have literally laughed at. Why are they still talking about this.

Why was Barnier saying the other day that a deal in the 8 week period was still possible? 

Was it to wing up the brexiteers and gammons?

Why was Barnier saying the other day that a deal in the 8 week period was still possible? 
Probably, what's this magical deal? The EU are terrified about the rise of nationalism within member states, Sweden most recent. With this in mind they can't be seen to move an inch here, if so they risk the project. Other option is they make an offer to all member states re. Immigration control.

19 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

It was in some way giving May support as the EU can possibly get a good deal whilst she is still PM. She's getting desperate and will do anything for some kind of deal. 

Barnier knows dealing with Mogg, Johnson, Davis etc would result in a hard Brexit if any of them were to become PM. 

I don't believe Barnier or the EU as a whole want a hard Brexit but they cannot be seen to give the UK a good deal, especially if they won't agree to the EU criteria of the Single Marker and a Customs Union with free movement of people  

46 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

A deal is possible in 8 weeks so long as the EU is not expected to give up on the core principle of the 4 freedoms.

There is no timescale for any deal where the EU27 give up on that core principle.

51 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
A deal is possible in 8 weeks so long as the EU is not expected to give up on the core principle of the 4 freedoms.
There is no timescale for any deal where the EU27 give up on that core principle.

So it's an Article 50 extension then. That will be the deal nap

My money would be on an extension and an eventual fudge on the freedom of movement rules to allow us to stay in with some face saving for the brexiteers. Might need an imminent election for the EU to agree to the extension though, wouldn't have to be called until after March next year. 

23 hours ago, banana said:

Yer gammon da hands out a teltin, spectacular stuff.

According to this guy, some people go to university and get degrees that are not very useful for getting a job and they also get a mountain of debts as well.
Therefore the smart people are the ones who never go to university.

Absolutely right.  University is a waste of time and never taught me nothing.
I am a self-taught brain surgeon and if this guy needs some affordable surgery - he should just give me a call.

35 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

According to this guy, some people go to university and get degrees that are not very useful for getting a job and they also get a mountain of debts as well.

I am a self-taught brain surgeon and if this guy needs some affordable surgery - he should just give me a call.

He clearly spoke in the context of the subject of study. Why lie about what someone thinks (and said), especially when it can be referenced in a complete video?

Honest question.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I listened to his first sentence and agreed with him 100%.

I decided to cut my losses and not listen to any more.

Rees Mogg on the TV again earlier.  When asked about whether May should sack Hammond his response was that he was a backbench MP and it was not up to him who should be  in the cabinet.

This begs the question, why are all these Tory backbenchers getting so much TV coverage?

Rees Mogg on the TV again earlier.  When asked about whether May should sack Hammond his response was that he was a backbench MP and it was not up to him who should be  in the cabinet.

This begs the question, why are all these Tory backbenchers getting so much TV coverage?

JRM is a cvnt of the first degree who gets away with murder because he's a toff.

I wouldn't trust the cvnt to run a kiddies' roundabout never mind the country.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

JRM is a cvnt of the first degree who gets away with murder because he's a toff.

I would trust the cvnt to run a kiddies' roundabout never mind the country.

He’s a clever man though; he understands how the game is played.  Despite being a backbencher he has, at the moment, more power than most of the Cabinet.  Mind you that’s just because there are so many spineless Tory MPs.

It’s an accepted fact that the Hard Brexiteers make up less than 25% of Tory MPs.  Most of the other 75+% are sitting on their hands unwilling to say anything because: they are simply incapable of independent thought/are spineless/don’t want to ruin future prospects/aren’t too interested in the first place.

Guest Bob Mahelp
47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a clever man though; he understands how the game is played.  Despite being a backbencher he has, at the moment, more power than most of the Cabinet.  Mind you that’s just because there are so many spineless Tory MPs.

It’s an accepted fact that the Hard Brexiteers make up less than 25% of Tory MPs.  Most of the other 75+% are sitting on their hands unwilling to say anything because: they are simply incapable of independent thought/are spineless/don’t want to ruin future prospects/aren’t too interested in the first place.

Rees-Mogg has looked at the publicity and influence that an unelected cqunt like Farage gets, and realised that his eccentricity and bizarre statements could get him quickly into the public eye. 

He's an intelligent man, far more so than the rest of them, and is dangerous because I suspect he's simply a face and a voice for some serious money (both domestic and foreign) that is lurking in the shadows, waiting to come out once the shackles of the EU have been thrown off. 

As to the other Tory MP's, they're shit scared of the Woman's Institute and ageing Gammons that make up the people who vote for them. I'd reckon that the vast majority of them are either Remainers, or at the most very 'soft' Leavers, but they're gagged because of the geriatric, xenophobic fuckwits who vote Tory. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Rees-Mogg has looked at the publicity and influence that an unelected cqunt like Farage gets, and realised that his eccentricity and bizarre statements could get him quickly into the public eye. 

He's an intelligent man, far more so than the rest of them, and is dangerous because I suspect he's simply a face and a voice for some serious money (both domestic and foreign) that is lurking in the shadows, waiting to come out once the shackles of the EU have been thrown off. 

As to the other Tory MP's, they're shit scared of the Woman's Institute and ageing Gammons that make up the people who vote for them. I'd reckon that the vast majority of them are either Remainers, or at the most very 'soft' Leavers, but they're gagged because of the geriatric, xenophobic fuckwits who vote Tory. 

I don't usually subscribe to conspiracy theories but it wouldn't remotely surprise me if Mogg and other prominent Brexiteers haven't gambled their families' wealth, and clients for their private work, on a hard Brexit and an economic crash.