Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

That's a we bit like we were saying in the run up to the indyref. All just bluster.

It's not at all like that, though. We were basically saying if rUK refuse to give us the assets we were due then we can't be expected to take our share of the debt incurred in our name. Raab, etc al, is saying that they will withhold payment for stuff they had already agreed to pay for in the future. Nobody in the EU is denying the UK the assets held by the EU, such as buildings.

Thing about this recent petty gamesmanship is that it comes directly after Barnier was setting a conciliatory tone. It just shows that the comments from Raab are meant to appease their own base and not a true reflection of the negotiations.

A side note on the Irish border issue. The idea that a country should rely on a neighbour creating currently unavailable tech and implementing it in an impossible time scale is just daft. Pie in the sky, unicorns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow stuff. If the shoe was on the other foot do you think the government would trust the French to implement a system of which there is no precedent for and failure to do so would leave Britain with a completely open border? Of course they wouldn't. So to expect the EU to do the same is daft.

The idea that the CTA can be retained and that no border is needed because there isn't one now is equally daft. That relies on the UK mandating who enters and leave Eire. Would the UK accept that if the roles were reversed? Of course not. It has to be said there are UK customs officers based in Ireland, in France and in Belgium as a way to facilitate travel between EU countries that are not all in Schengen, but when Britain leave the EU those will need to be removed back to UK soil. Either that or a large payment will be made to these countries in order to retain some sort of pre-border control.

With regards to the Irish border, I can’t understand why they don’t just use the highly sophisticated technology that is presently used between other EU and non-EU countries and virtually eliminates border checks.

Which countries have that system?I know Switzerland/Norway do but they are in there own deals,eea etc,but i cant remember crossing a border when i havent been checked if they are not in a deal with the Eu

23 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Which countries have that system?I know Switzerland/Norway do but they are in there own deals,eea etc,but i cant remember crossing a border when i havent been checked if they are not in a deal with the Eu

I was being facetious.

Thought it was pretty obvious tbh.  Sorry.  :(

23 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

All acts like this serve to do is allow the off-reservation normal folks to have yet more evidence that they are hard done to.

FTFY, and agree.

However...

23 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its absolutely not those kids fault their father is a monster and they’ll no doubt be getting a tough enough time of being the children of evil incarnate at school. 

Astounding lack of self-awareness :lol:

Edited by banana

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I was being facetious.

Thought it was pretty obvious tbh.  Sorry.  :(

Apparently one of the main benefits of leaving the EU and taking back control is that we will be able to outlaw being facetious.

We can't do so just now because of some EU directive - or so I was told.

Astounding lack of self-awareness :lol:

Thing is Banana im not outside someones house shouting in Childrens faces. It’s fine to believe someone has utterly evil policies and I can express this and articulate an argument without resorting to the tactics employed by the anarchist chap at JRM.

If think denying abortion rights to victims of rape is not the act of a monster then thats up to you, im quite happy with my point.

Please dont feel the need to ‘fix’ any of my posts, when I need the assistance of the forum’s resident fuckwit i’ll be sure to ask for it then.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Apparently one of the main benefits of leaving the EU and taking back control is that we will be able to outlaw being facetious.

We can't do so just now because of some EU directive - or so I was told.

^^^^ being facetious.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45519676

5b9ba7ac90a23_Screenshot_2018-09-14Brexitvotewatchdoggotlawwrong.thumb.png.79086f08865ebca32dd4b69951de5513.png

Now, what seems like a pretty simple case of Vote Leave breaking the law, if anything this is a massive boost for them. They now have the "get out of jail free" card of saying that ever law or rule they broke can be put into question because the governing body is giving out incorrect information.

9 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45519676

5b9ba7ac90a23_Screenshot_2018-09-14Brexitvotewatchdoggotlawwrong.thumb.png.79086f08865ebca32dd4b69951de5513.png

Now, what seems like a pretty simple case of Vote Leave breaking the law, if anything this is a massive boost for them. They now have the "get out of jail free" card of saying that ever law or rule they broke can be put into question because the governing body is giving out incorrect information.

The fine for Leave was £61,000 or 5,400,000 Rubles.

Chump change to Putin and his pals.

24 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Of course, this could be made a lot easier when/if the Tory majority increases at any point. 

It’s moot.  Nothing close to Chequers will be accepted by the EU.  Just a wee bit of honesty in the MSM and we could move this debate on to that reality.

I’m getting frustrated by the SNP, they could be setting the agenda here but are worried about the precedent of a second referendum.