Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, The OP said:

Is it just me or are these two posts essentially saying the same thing?

Mine was ironic.  I really am not in favour of introducing slavery.

I have no issue with the existing system of migrant workers choosing to come here although I do believe they should be better protected.  Farmers can claim they pay at least the minimum wage but then they claw it back by charging high levels of rent for shite accommodation.

I am opposed to codified migrant labour; ie come over here during our fruit picking season but without any protection then f**k off back to your own country until the next time we need you.

BTW the idea that we are going to fill this gap by ‘encouraging’ locals to pick fruit by offering ‘incentives’ is laughable.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I can’t disagree. But we’ll still be paying more for everything, and we’re creating inefficiencies in resource allocation that don’t need to exist. And 40% pay rises still wouldn’t get British folk to do these jobs. Did you read the article?

Things are more expensive in Norway, Sweden etc.

The entire economy needs to be restructured. The 30 years downward pressure being placed on wages and conditions by corporations isn't going to stop, they will never have enough profit. Working people have to demand change.

6 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

As I understand it, (and I could be wrong, ) it is a desire of the EU to eventually eradicate the kind of disparity which causes people to seek work outwith their own country. Harmonisation, if you will. 

If you believe that the German government aims to equalise living standards in Berlin and Bucharest you will believe anything.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Just hearing that the Brexit department is no longer in charge of Brexit negotiations.  Just when you think it can't get any barmier.

I read that as barnier.  Too much Brexit...

Edited by Lurkst

Guest Bob Mahelp
32 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The Independent starting it's official campaign for a referendum on the terms of Brexit today.

It's been unofficial up to now I guess. 

I tend to read it and The Guardian more than the Telegraph because they're free.

And because The Indie and Guardian are not full of right-wing c*nts howling at the moon about the Empire, 2nd world war and British superiority over all things foreign.

iI assume all Guardian readers have pony tails and wear hemp clothing.

And are vegan and fucking preachy about it.

telegraph readers all have union jacks flying proudly in their garden.

And express readers all wear black armbands in memory of the queen of hearts, Diana.

Edited by Suspect Device