Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
18 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:
The logic of my argument is impeccable.  Fk old people, that's what they've done to everyone else.

You and logic are like chalk and cheese.

The logic is perfect.  Instead of attacking me try picking that apart.  You won't be able to.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The next time you're in a supermarket, go round the fruit and veg and meat and look at the country of origin labels on the packaging or the shelf. I guarantee you at least 90% will be from somewhere other than the UK. Someone a few pages back mentioned hearing people saying 'well, we were alright before the EU' and yes, it'll be just like that, in that you'll only be able to buy five different vegetables for most of the year. Hope you enjoy your potatoes, carrots, leeks and turnips.

There's not exactly a shortage of bananas despite the fact that they all come from outside Europe. The no planes and empty shelves scare stories are daft, it's not going to happen.

Regardless of Brexit consumption has to become more sustainable anyway or we'll be growing our own bananas before the century is out.

There's not exactly a shortage of bananas despite the fact that they all come from outside Europe. The no planes and empty shelves scare stories are daft, it's not going to happen.

Regardless of Brexit consumption has to become more sustainable anyway or we'll be growing our own bananas before the century is out.

And how do bananas get into the country? Some magical non-EU port that only imports non-EU stuff?

ETA: Most will come in via the EU anyway.

Why not?

WTO rules for a start.

But never mind about them, you can’t see any reason that the UK can’t just open the borders to any old shit hitting the ports? That’s a national security issue before you even begin to worry about all the other issues like customs duty and shit like that.

56 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The functioning ports we have  already. If the government need to avoid an administration issue becoming societal chaos they can easily wave cargo through.

Taking back control.

8 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

WTO rules for a start.

But never mind about them, you can’t see any reason that the UK can’t just open the borders to any old shit hitting the ports? That’s a national security issue before you even begin to worry about all the other issues like customs duty and shit like that.

We illegally invaded Iraq and participate in torture and rendition. Rules shmules.

I don't think the government are going to let a food shortage which would definitely bring them down happen just to abide by WTO rules that China and Trump piss on.

Also they obviously don't check everything that comes in.

Edited by Detournement

This is very close to the truth, May is PMINO but doesn’t posses the self respect to resign or fight.  Not that I have the slightest bit of sympathy for the mess she had got herself into.
She will deservedly go down as in history as am absolute disaster as PM.

Actually, whilst May is a shambles Cameron will go down in history as the political knave of the age. Not only for playing with fire with Brexit, for which everyone will loose, but also for his stupidity in fomenting rebellion in Libya with Sarkozy - that turned out well you pair of utter p***ks, non ?

EU officials saying off the record that there will only be an extension to Article 50 in the event of a further referendum or an election.
Shit is getting real.

Being told we have to have another referendum by the EU would energise the utter morons who think the EU totally govern us. I think that could work against (already in short supply) common sense.

Having said that, SURELY you would have to back enough people to quietly have learned their lesson and realised that if you are a family in a modest income working hard to make ends meet, your interests are not aligned with someone called Jacob Rees-Mogg

Veey much a case of "fool me once..."

I look forward to the Question Time at the start of April after the UK opens all its ports to frictionless movement of goods from the entire world.

“I’ve been running a successful cocaine dealing business for 20 years. Suddenly there’s shipments of the stuff coming in, no questions asked. I can’t compete with the prices. I had to lay off 4 dealers last week and I’m not sure how I’m going to make ends meet. When I voted Brexit I voted for isolation, not this madness.”

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I look forward to the Question Time at the start of April after the UK opens all its ports to frictionless movement of goods from the entire world.

As long as those goods aren't covered by the Human Rights Act no one on QT will care.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Being told we have to have another referendum by the EU would energise the utter morons who think the EU totally govern us. I think that could work against (already in short supply) common sense.

Having said that, SURELY you would have to back enough people to quietly have learned their lesson and realised that if you are a family in a modest income working hard to make ends meet, your interests are not aligned with someone called Jacob Rees-Mogg

Veey much a case of "fool me once..."

The 21 month transition only kicks in if a deal has been agreed.

Some people are suggestion the way to avoid the possibility of a hard Brexit if an agreement cannot be reached is to extend Article 50 but the EU is saying there is no point as it solves nothing.  

The only rationale for extending Article 50 will be a significant change in policy as the result of an election or second referendum.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The 21 month transition only kicks in if a deal has been agreed.

Some people are suggestion the way to avoid the possibility of a hard Brexit if an agreement cannot be reached is to extend Article 50 but the EU is saying there is no point as it solves nothing.  

The only rationale for extending Article 50 will be a significant change in policy as the result of an election or second referendum.

I'd have thought most EU countries would be happy to forestall the bother for a bit. The so called unelected EU bureaucrats don't really have any power.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have thought most EU countries would be happy to forestall the bother for a bit. The so called unelected EU bureaucrats don't really have any power.

Christ that’s naive.  Unnamed bureaucrats will be used by politicians to make their position known.

All 27 countries would need to approve an extension to Article 50.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Christ that’s naive.  Unnamed bureaucrats will be used by politicians to make their position known.

All 27 countries would need to approve an extension to Article 50.

Aye, and António Guterres decides what happens in the UN security council. Merkel will be paying more attention to BMW than Juncker.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

...All 27 countries would need to approve an extension to Article 50.

And that gives 27 countries a lot of leverage to extort concessions out of the UK in exchange. So far that has only revolved around the RoI-NI border as that has been what has been prioritised by the EU, but other issues like the status of Gibraltar and access for Danish fishermen to UK coastal waters could easily still rear their head and make nothing other than WTO level no deal Brexit doable on the very limited timeline available, because the sane and rational ways of dealing with Brexit like a Norway style EEA status have already been rejected.