Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Is this going to be a run of resignations, like the PLP did against Corbyn a couple of years ago.

May due a meeting with the backbenchers tonight. I cannot see her lasting the week if that a stormy meeting tonight.

Just cannot believe the level of shambolic stupidity that is apparently the UK Govt.

Edited by MEADOWXI

I don't really like chiming in with Scottish independence chat over every single issue, but it truly baffles me how anyone in Scotland can now look at the political landscape in London and think "yip, we're best tagging along with this lot". 

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Johnson, Gove, JRM up to something, Shirley? They're reptiles to a man.

So is May. One joins the Tory party to slither in the nest of evil vipers. Hopefully the Maybot gets exactly what’s coming to it as it stands up and tries to brazen it out.

A leadership challenge isn't as simple as the media are making out.

It needs 48 letters from Tory MPs to trigger a no-confidence vote, which then goes to all Conservative MPs. She needs 159 to survive, and is then safe for a year. 

Johnson, Gove, JRM up to something, Shirley? They're reptiles to a man.

JRM was on tele earlier claiming it wasn’t a matter of who was leader but a matter of policy whatever the f**k that means.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't really like chiming in with Scottish independence chat over every single issue, but it truly baffles me how anyone in Scotland can now look at the political landscape in London and think "yip, we're best tagging along with this lot". 

Calling such folk craven, forelock tugging morons is trite and simplistic.

Personally I think of them as craven, forelock tugging morons.

Just now, NotThePars said:

JRM was on tele earlier claiming it wasn’t a matter of who was leader but a matter of policy whatever the f**k that means.

I reckon that’s a pretty self evident statement tbh.

The camera keeps cutting to that little freak Gove. It’s like he’s being set up as fairytale evil imp waiting in the wings to do mischief.

The heckling of the Maybot as its voice cracks and tears threaten is delicious. Now is not the time for your shitey “plan”, you thundercunt.

Edited by Antlion

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The camera keeps cutting to that little freak Gove. It’s like he’s being set up as fairytale evil imp waiting in the wings to do mischief.

The heckling of the Maybot as its voice cracks and tears threaten is delicious. Now is not the time for your shitey “plan”, you thundercunt.

Genuinely  laughed out loud at that! Brilliant turn of a phrase, and bang on! 

Edited by Kejan

He has been on tv all weekend saying its a great plan i think he has been out manovered by davis and johnson

27 minutes ago, The Master said:

A leadership challenge isn't as simple as the media are making out.

It needs 48 letters from Tory MPs to trigger a no-confidence vote, which then goes to all Conservative MPs. She needs 159 to survive, and is then safe for a year. 

That's true, but she would want a resounding victory to stay on. Thatcher got enough votes to carry on as leader but was fatally undermined and decided to pack it in before a second vote. 

Could May really carry on if 48+ MPs have written to state their no confidence in her, even if she does get 159 or more votes? 

Just now, doulikefish said:
20 minutes ago, Antlion said:

He has been on tv all weekend saying its a great plan i think he has been out manovered by davis and johnson

Would it be that surprising if it turned out he had been reading the wrong briefing notes?