Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 29/06/2018 at 17:44, Granny Danger said:

92071087-2D31-4E24-8B54-27EB2558599C.jpeg.b56dbbf606d367148d894f16db3d30ef.jpeg

This is graph showing that in an opinion poll only 30% of folk are confident May will get a good deal on Brexit whereas 67% are not confident.

Yet polls are suggesting Remain would only win by a narrow margin in s second referendum.

So there are a substantial number of people whose position is “I think we are likely to get a bad deal but I still want to leave”.

Why don’t these folk just shoot themselves and do the rest of us a favour.

I'll be voting leave in a 2nd referendum, not because I don't think it'll be a bit of a disaster but to uphold democracy.

15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'll be voting leave in a 2nd referendum, not because I don't think it'll be a bit of a disaster but to uphold democracy.

Will you vote Tory till the end of time because they won the last General Election? A snap poll on incomplete information was made to jump off a cliff and when the information arrives that it was a really shite decision and there's no bouncy castle at the bottom, we should stick with it cos democracy? WTF?!?

Edited by welshbairn

38 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'll be voting Conservative & Onanist Unionist at the next election, because they won Argyll & Bute in 2003, when the seat was first established. It will be a bit of a disaster, but I want to uphold democracy.

44 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You got to be on the wind up.  If not then that is the single most dumbest thing I have ever read on the Brexit discussion - and I'm on Twitter and Facebook!  

Edited by Antiochas III

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I attended state school but GD, that's a bit of a minter comment mate

It’s a minter for anyone who takes a comment like that seriously.

Mate

It finally looks like Corbyn is coming under pressure from within his own ranks.  Many Momentum supporters want Brexit debated and the overwhelming majority of Unite members think Brexit will be bad for them.

Under right wing leaders like Blair democracy was in short supply within the wider Labour Party, it will be interesting to see how far an avowed ‘democrat’ like Corbyn will go to repress debate and dissent.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It finally looks like Corbyn is coming under pressure from within his own ranks.  Many Momentum supporters want Brexit debated and the overwhelming majority of Unite members think Brexit will be bad for them.

Under right wing leaders like Blair democracy was in short supply within the wider Labour Party, it will be interesting to see how far an avowed ‘democrat’ like Corbyn will go to repress debate and dissent.

He fires them.

21 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont agree with private schools in general, although I like Humza I find folks like him to be an exception to the rule, theres also a bit of a difference between Eton and Hutchy Grammar. But no ultimately im not serious.

From my experiences in uni and my working life I find people who attended private schools to have difficulty understanding the experiences of those in society, most impacted by the likes of Tory Austerity etc.

Don't disagree, more I'm daft and couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Agreed re Humza and the difference between Eton and Hutchie.

20 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

I'll be voting Conservative & Onanist Unionist at the next election, because they won Argyll & Bute in 2003, when the seat was first established. It will be a bit of a disaster, but I want to uphold democracy.

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Good idea, i’ll be voting Whig since they won the first ever general election and it’d be a disaster not to uphold democracy.

You bast*rd. Your response was funnier than mine. :bairn

If reports are correct the cabinet of the UK government are going to meet this coming weekend to tear strips of each other as to which of two positions to adopt neither of which will be accepted by the EU.

What a fucking shambles.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Reports doing the rounds that Trump is trying to engineer a hard brexit to carve up opportunities for US firms. Backing cabinet brexiteers to strong arm May.

I'd quite like to hear the justification for the loss of 'sovereignty' when we eventually have to happily bend over and take the US length.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'd quite like to hear the justification for the loss of 'sovereignty' when we eventually have to happily bend over and take the US length.

The Americans are our special friends whereas the Europeans are evil, foreign-speaking invaders. Obviously.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We've been doing that for years

We have had some kind of "firewall" for the last 30 years, though, haven't we? Some kind of continent wide union the name of which I can't quite remember.

Seriously though, what's in it for the c***s in charge? I assume your average Dr Liam c**t has enormous business interests tied up in the US? Shit like that must be easy to prove? Why isn't it on the front page of every a couple of newspapers on a daily basis, if so?