Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just watched Bertie being interviewed on BBC news Channel, he really is just a Unionist clown,reiterating that it's the " Governments of this Northern Lands that have let us down, one leaving us in the CFP for another 20 months,the other would return us to the CFP. I had a bit of sympathy for fishermen up 'till now,no more. Fuk them and their Tory supporting Unionist ways. They deserve the shafting they're going to get.

I f anybody's got some good news about Brexit, feel free to post it.
The impending implosion of the Tory Party.

Clusterf**k Brexit will be gateway to Independence.

The Tories looking like absolute amateurs in negotiations.

Irish Border is where the sh*ts really going to hit the fan. I can hardly wait.

Nice try, guys, but not really the kind of thing I was thinking of.  Meanwhile:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/tariff-cut-will-not-offset-rise-in-prices-says-think-tank-60g8zqdw6

Tariff cut after Brexit will not offset rise in prices, says think tank

Cutting trade tariffs completely when leaving the European Union would reduce prices in British shops by only 1.2 per cent, a think tank has said.

Edited by Baxter Parp

What exactly are the fishermen expecting?  There will have to be a deal eventually on fishing quotas whether we are in or out of the EU.

Do they trust the UK government for a better deal as part of the UK? Or do they trust the Scottish government for a better deal as part of an independent Scotland? 

Seems to me they think they can ban all external fishing vessels from outside the UK from fishing in UK waters and still expect to sell fish to them.  

75% of the fish caught in UK fishing waters goes to the EU. Do they expect Spain, France, Ireland etc just to say "righty ho, we can't fish there so we will just need to buy it now"? 

If EU fishermen are banned I'd expect a ban from the EU on UK fish or heavy tariffs to any trade deals. 

Edited by Colkitto

Just watched Bertie being interviewed on BBC news Channel, he really is just a Unionist clown,reiterating that it's the " Governments of this Northern Lands that have let us down, one leaving us in the CFP for another 20 months,the other would return us to the CFP. I had a bit of sympathy for fishermen up 'till now,no more. Fuk them and their Tory supporting Unionist ways. They deserve the shafting they're going to get.
I've met him and he's exactly as you'd expect. A massive unionist with a hatred of the SNP.
What exactly are the fishermen expecting?  There will have to be a deal eventually on fishing quotas whether we are in or out of the EU.
Do they trust the UK government for a better deal as part of the UK? Or do they trust the Scottish government for a better deal as part of an independent Scotland? 
Seems to me they think they can ban all external fishing vessels from outside the UK from fishing in UK waters and still expect to sell fish to them.  
75% of the fish caught in UK fishing waters goes to the EU. Do they expect Spain, France, Ireland etc just to say "righty ho, we can't fish there so we will just need to buy it now"? 
If EU fishermen are banned I'd expect a ban from the EU on UK fish or heavy tariffs to any trade deals. 
You're giving the fishermen too much credit. All they care about is getting the foreign boats out their waters, it's a very short sighted approach.
When reality bites a lot of them will still blame the Scottish government; they're rich erseholes pleading poverty and want everything their own way.

I hope they get well and truly shafted.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Surely they can't do that under the Single Market?

Oh, wait.....

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Fishermen do realise that stocks are finite? It seems to me that they think the stocks not only will never run out but will actually increase both in numbers and value

And also that fish stocks don't always stay in the same place. They can very much be transient.

For all their moaning about taking back control of "our waters" there are plenty of UK fisherman who steam into Norwegian waters to catch fish there and land them across Europe. But you'll never hear Bertie Armstrong talk about that.

Anyway, I see human frog impersonator and part time MEP Nigel Farage has been out lobbing fish into the Thames. If only he had put a bit more effort into his job as an MEP and attended some of the meetings of the EU fisheries committee to get a better deal for UK fishermen.

Edited by RiG

I see our favourite tory referee is pulling some batshit bollocks about Sturgeon trying to keep Scotland in the EU against the will of the people. I'm assuming he's taken advice from Troll Central before posting. c**t. 

I see our favourite tory referee is pulling some batshit bollocks about Sturgeon trying to keep Scotland in the EU against the will of the people. I'm assuming he's taken advice from Troll Central before posting. c**t. 
Yet a special deal for London, the idea of which is being floated, will be just fine.