Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 3/6/2018 at 17:48, welshbairn said:

I think beermonkey was complaining about strichener being PC instead of using the N word.

Being PC is the language of cowards, call things what they are, it's not hard.

and calling black people black is not offensive to anyone except snowflake fuckwits, so grow up.

5 minutes ago, beermonkey said:

and calling black people black is not offensive to anyone except snowflake fuckwits, so grow up.

So everyone who hasn't got a Northern European native skin shade is black? 

On 6/27/2014 at 18:39, Granny Danger said:

After Independence I hope the next big change in our governance is withdrawal from the EU.

A corrupt, monolithic, undemocratic, bureaucratic, waste of time and resources. It disappoints me that people who regard themselves as being on the left of politics defend and support this institution. Maybe in an independent Scotland with (hopefully) a written constitution incorporating a commitment to social justice they won't feel the need to.

I accidentally found this.

Just now, kirkyblue2 said:

What’s the dark side, being on the left of politics?

Believing that running away from institutions that have kept peace and stability in Europe for the longest period in history is worth the price of a guarantee of recession and a doubling of red tape.

43 minutes ago, beermonkey said:

Yes but "muslimy types" and hispanics are not black.  My post used the term people of colour for a reason.  It wasn't being PC but rather based on the US presidents attempts to control immigration for non-whites, the apparent tendancy for officials to shoot people who happen to be non-whites and their fixation with guns.

14 minutes ago, strichener said:

A bit late doing so after casting his vote in favour of withdrawal.

To an extent yes. But changing your mind is a terrific skill to have/learn and more people should be encouraged to do it. Too often political views are too entrenched and people aren’t willing to listen to reasoned debate.

That is of course unless you’re trying to convince someone that we’re ‘Better Together’, then you should just f**k off. 

Edited by Londonwell

8 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Well done Granny for sticking to his principles, now give up the fanboy stuff.

I’ve changed my position for reasons I’ve explained on here before.  I believe the criticisms in my post are/were valid and I think it’s unfortunate that the debate polarised in a way that folk had to be pro or anti.

I think that pragmatically we need to stay in.  I also think those who want to leave are motivated by reactionary rather than progressive ideas,

I understand where the like of Corbyn is coming from but I think he’d be serving the whole country better by looking at the bigger political picture.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve changed my position for reasons I’ve explained on here before.  I believe the criticisms in my post are/were valid and I think it’s unfortunate that the debate polarised in a way that folk had to be pro or anti.

I think that pragmatically we need to stay in.  I also think those who want to leave are motivated by reactionary rather than progressive ideas,

I understand where the like of Corbyn is coming from but I think he’d be serving the whole country better by looking at the bigger political picture.

I just find it strange that someone who was so anti EU has now become so pro EU. 

6 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I just find it strange that someone who was so anti EU has now become so pro EU. 

I fear a race to the bottom under the Tories if we leave the EU.  Beating the Tories and their xenophobic supporters is the single biggest priority.

That may no answer your question but it’s the truth and it’s the best I can do.