Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

To the P&Bers living in Angus, this is your representative at Westminster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41362703
A Scottish Conservative MP has admitted she did not vote in last year's EU referendum because the decision was "very difficult".

Genuinely amazed The Courier (story originally in that) did edit out that blip. Especially considering they're heavily pro-Tory and she used to work for them.

The rest of the interview is fawning drivel, but it's funny to see her nonsense about concerns for local farmers. She's from a rich landowning farming family herself, one which has profited quite well from the less well off farmers on land around them.

12 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Is there a more Tory name than Jacob Rees-Mogg?

He's the epitome of the Tory party and ruling elite.
Handed everything, achieved nothing.

Vile.

What's really vile is the folk that think that because they own their house (mostly heavily mortgaged), have a few bob in the bank and have a few thousand squirrelled away for retirement that they're interests are the same as this privileged dullard.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What's really vile is the folk that think that because they own their house (mostly heavily mortgaged), have a few bob in the bank and have a few thousand squirrelled away for retirement that they're interests are the same as this privileged dullard.

I'd imagine education is the major difference?

1 minute ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Here's why the UK shouldn't be in the EU:

The most important European political figure is the head of Germany. This message board spent more posts talking about the US Presidents feud with black American football players than talking about the German election. 

Aye that's me convinced. Nugget.

Wizzair announced another range of services cut today, in addition to the small cutbacks they've been doing here and there recently. Cuts from Glasgow (to Bucharest and Warsaw), Bristol, Doncaster/Sheffield, Birmingham and Liverpool.  I can imagine an airport like DSA which is especially dependent on WIZZ will be doing well to stay in business now. Their UK ops I'd imagine now will almost solely operate from Luton, which has also seen a lot of service and frequency cuts, and the airports listed above will get the heave almost completely. 

Nout need t'worry however, t'factories wiil be back soon. Or something.

Edited by Snakebite

On 9/22/2017 at 18:08, sparky88 said:

I've always thought leavers would end up getting shafted. That speech is the start of it.

The brexit vote was always going to be ignored from the moment the result was confirmed, 1st,  it was a year to trigger article 50,  then it's (at least) 2 years negotiations, now we're getting (at least) 2 years transition.

I guarantee they'll drag it out even further with some other bullshit excuse, then another, then another.......And don't be surprised if there's a second vote at some point, Then a third if the result goes against them again.

Welcome to EU style democracy,    In other words, there is no democracy in the EU.

3 hours ago, mjw said:

Unfortunately for you all I speak your language.

5 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Or this is a Football Forum with a healthy following of the NFL not a Politics one.  

Naw. There's more to it than that. Look at the US election threads. Look at the German election thread. Says a lot about the cultural and political orientation of your country.

A sensible woman getting on with quiet business and inevitably winning a 4th election versus a deranged toddler in the Whitehouse threatening to wipe out a country and desperately tweeting loony toons stuff daily to keep on the front page.  Of course there's more chat about Trump, it's all he cares about.

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

By that logic we're also more orientated towards North than South Korea

That's a fair enough point.

Here's the problem with a politically integrated Europe. Democracy requires a citizenry that understands the issues. Based on this board I'm not sure that you guys possess much understand of German politics. Certainly not to the level of American politics. How are you supposed to be self governing in a political union with people you don't seem to understand or care about all that much? Again, whoever is in charge of Germany is the most important person politically for the EU.