Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder how much it will cost to duplicate all the institutions and regulatory bodies that we now share with 27 other nations.

£350million, but that's just one week the NHS won't get it

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was really quite easy to find and post a link.

You must have put more energy into being a dick about not doing it than it took to actually do it.

Anyway the whole thing is a bit of a red herring.

Using headcount as a proxy for anything else is going to be somewhere between questionable and utter bollocks

If having 98 negotiators were intrinsically better than 45 negotiators then why doesn't the government take it really seriously and go for 198, or 300?

In truth the problem was never going to be a lack of manpower as much as a lack of any coherent plan beyond "Brexit means Brexit"

It really is about time they came up with a serious plan.

They owe it to you and 52% of the electorate to tell you what it was you actually voted for.

Not doing something requires no energy. Thanks for supplying that link  but don't worry, I'm not thinking we're suddenly best buddies so wind in the insults.

The reason I didn't supply the link was twofold. 

1) He asked me where I got the info from and the answer to that was the newspaper I mentioned. He asked for a link  even though I'd told him it was from a newspaper report .

That's like asking for a Hot Chocolate and being given a Kit-Kat

If I had got the information from an online source then I probably would have furnished him with that source, but that wan't the case. As for your pointless comment that I was being a dick not trawling the internet for a source to a story I found in a newspaper I have to say that you must think the same of Shades 75 for not being minded to do that neither.

The plan is to leave the EU with a good deal. The only thing preventing that is the intransigence of the EU and their desire to punish the UK. If you want the UK punished then that's fine...no problem. I thought the EU were better than that but seemingly not!

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Barnier:

"We can't start negotiating until Britain explain or have a position."

A humiliating, unholy fucking shambles.

I agree......Barnier is a nasty little p***k who wants to punish the UK. He should be replaced forthwith.

2 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

newsflash, most of the EU27 want to see the UK "punished" and "suffer" in order to douse any exit flames elsewhere from populist far-right wingnuts.

if it happens, the next decade and a half really wont be pretty.

Aye, but German Cars.

7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Totally impossible that it will be resolved by March 2019. There have already been rumours that Theresa May plans to flince out of the talks in the autumn- presumably to cover the humiliating absence of a clear set of strategic aims, or idea how to get there, as well as a miserably shallow civil service pool to actually deal with all this incredibly complicated stuff.

Meanwhile, the ferociously left wing "Business Insider UK" has a chat with a former UK diplomat in the EU who is scathing about this government's atrocious performance on Brexit so far.

Increasingly it looks like Brexit not only won't but can't happen- not because of a lack of political will, but because of a lack of political competence.

That article sums it up. Not only the blind refusal to believe the EU is sincere about the core of the project: the free movement of goods, capital, services, and labour, but total lack of forethought on the huge complexity and expense of duplicating everything we do collectively with the other 27 EU members, and the utter pointlessness of it. And the cost for businesses having to check if our rules vary from the EU every time a new product is made, or has to fit into a new UK only trade deal.

"Somebody mentioned to me the other day patents. I had never even thought of patents. But when you start digging down a bit and think about issues like intellectual property rights and so on, these are little areas but these all need to be addressed in 20 months. If they are not addressed in 20 months the consequences for individuals and businesses in the UK will be awful. I've got a long list: medicine approvals, aviation safety, accreditation for service operations for planes, and so many more. Countless agencies governed by the ECJ. The UK may need to put in place entire new agencies for these things within 20 months. You can imagine the consequences of this not being done."

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That article sums it up. Not only the blind refusal to believe the EU is sincere about the core of the project: the free movement of goods, capital, services, and labour, but total lack of forethought on the huge complexity and expense of duplicating everything we do collectively with the other 27 EU members, and the utter pointlessness of it. And the cost for businesses having to check if our rules vary from the EU every time a new product is made, or has to fit into a new UK only trade deal.

Aye, but German Cars.

I thought I had everything negative about the whole thing covered, but it turns out that I wasn't aware of some of the things that are terrible about the whole idea after all.

Worst thing of the lot, the biggest turd in the U Bend, is that I expected at least some level of competence on the part of our representatives in the whole process, but it has became very clear that these fuckers don't have a fucking clue how anything works. It's absolutely mad. And these fuckers are in charge.

Let's not forget that this is right around the time in the Brexit fantasists' story when the restored British Empire would supposedly be cutting side deals with all the different Jonny on the Continents and so turn the EU's negotiating position into a hopelessly weak mess.

That's working out well.

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

Let's not forget that this is right around the time in the Brexit fantasists' story when the restored British Empire would supposedly be cutting side deals with all the different Jonny on the Continents and so turn the EU's negotiating position into a hopelessly weak mess.

That's working out well.

Lol......Rool Britannia......and all that.

.....britnat nuggets.....

58 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Maybe the UK should bill Europe for helping to free them from Germany domination. 

No that maybe a fail seeing they still are.

Are you speaking American? Who's Bill? Does Fail mean Sad?

UKIP bint on Newsnight telling us that there is nothing to worry about the technicalities while the guy that actually works in Brussels is doing the Dale Carrick on the TV in the background. She probably thinks she came out of it best too.

They are convinced the EU will back down any day now and let the UK walk away with no divorce bill and full trade rights.

On 17/07/2017 at 16:20, Cerberus said:

DE7je1HXkAAM_xz.jpg

David Davis came to the negotiations well prepared I see.

The guy is painfully out his depth.

The guy sitting second from the left appears not to have heard that Mark Warburton resigned.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Are you speaking American? Who's Bill? Does Fail mean Sad?

I'm thinking he's saying it's a failure because Germany still dominates the economy and political direction of Europe ( The EU).

On that he's right except he forgot to mention that Germany dominates the EU and France are being led around on a leash by them.. It's a fair point.

8 hours ago, virginton said:

That's working out well.

Not convinced that explains or you understand the Brexit advocates' take on this issue. In fact your post proves you haven't a Scooby Doo.

9 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Aye, but German Cars.

I thought I had everything negative about the whole thing covered, but it turns out that I wasn't aware of some of the things that are terrible about the whole idea after all.

Worst thing of the lot, the biggest turd in the U Bend, is that I expected at least some level of competence on the part of our representatives in the whole process, but it has became very clear that these fuckers don't have a fucking clue how anything works. It's absolutely mad. And these fuckers are in charge.

If all that is true then it's better we Leave. The EU is obviously way to complicated for us simple Brits and they and us are better if we are out of it. Glad you cleared that up!

14 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

newsflash, most of the EU27 want to see the UK "punished" and "suffer" in order to douse any exit flames elsewhere from populist far-right wingnuts.

if it happens, the next decade and a half really wont be pretty.

Seig Heil the EuroNats....f*cking evil c*nts. 

Absolute control is their goal with a veneer of superficial democracy. 

National parliaments overruled and austerity imposed as in Greece and Spain.