Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Must be why I've got a Masters and a Doctorate, have run 2 successful businesses and have managed to retire early.
The trouble that you have is that you know how to use Google but have no idea how to interprete what you stumble across or extrapolate anything meaningful from it.
Now toddle off your shift behind the bar must be starting soon.

Telt!!!!

4 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Must be why I've got a Masters and a Doctorate, have run 2 successful businesses and have managed to retire early.

The trouble that you have is that you know how to use Google but have no idea how to interprete what you stumble across or extrapolate anything meaningful from it.

Now toddle off your shift behind the bar must be starting soon.

Working behind a bar requires some skills I feel the Bishop may lack. You pompous git (just to be ecumenical).

5 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Retail sales way down on January predictions as consumers reign in spending in wake of uncertainty.

Vauxhall in Luton and Ellesmere Port likely to close because inflation in the wake of brexit has made raw materials dearer.

But! It's all going swimmingly:1eye

I thought consumers always reined in ( not reigned in I say this because despite your superior education you obviously don't always get it right......and don't say typo because reign is a completely other word) ....in January . It's something to do with spending too much in December.

Another thing you've got wrong is to say that inflation has increased in the wake of Brexit........Brexit is more than  two years hence.

and.....LIKELY to close. Does that even mean anything ?

I feel bad pulling you up on these basic mistakes but when someone has a doctorate and a masters you would think everything they say and do is to be revered and respected.......maybe that's the fallacy that needed to be busted and the Brexit vote has helped in that. The educated elite and the professional experts are maybe not to be relied on anymore.

Let's face it , they have been f*cking up for decades now and lining their pockets in the process.   No wonder the hoi polloi are fizzing!

The general thrust of these populist arguments always seems to the assumption that if something is difficult for educated professionals to deliver then it will be easy for ignorant amateurs.

Of course if it turns out not to be easy that must be someone else's fault.

7 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

a completely other word"  by McSpreader. Did you mean a completely different word?

Oh please! Using a colloquialism is not the same as using a completely other ( different) word. Don't make me responsible for your ignorance .

If you google 'other meaning' You'll see what I mean. Then you will regret your post  and you and AUFC90, , who gave you a greenie will both feel like complete tools.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The general thrust of these populist arguments always seems to the assumption that if something is difficult for educated professionals to deliver then it will be easy for ignorant amateurs.

Of course if it turns out not to be easy that must be someone else's fault.

I agree  it isn't that easy. It's also true that the educated professionals have had things all their own way for too long to the detriment of millions upon millions of 'ordinary' people ( I actually dislike that term). 

Obviously we need well educated people but a university education meaning an instant shoe-in to success is wrong and even university educated people should start at the bottom of the ladder . Merit is the only thing that should matter and vocational /workplace education should be enhanced, encouraged and better funded.

The previous default position in the national mindset that we treat those with a university education with unquestioning  deference and servility seems to have changed.

Anyone who tries to suggest I'm advocating the abolition of higher education is choosing  to deliberately  misrepresent the point.

11 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

a completely other word"  by McSpreader. Did you mean a completely different word?

Thanks for your help and I can now see how that phrase also makes sense, having googled the use of "other". I genuinely thought you had made a typo as I have often done myself. Sometimes I cant figure out how to back space to correct my spelling. My ignorance has now been corrected.

I agree  it isn't that easy. It's also true that the educated professionals have had things all their own way for too long to the detriment of millions upon millions of 'ordinary' people ( I actually dislike that term). 
Obviously we need well educated people but a university education meaning an instant shoe-in to success is wrong and even university educated people should start at the bottom of the ladder . Merit is the only thing that should matter and vocational /workplace education should be enhanced, encouraged and better funded.
The previous default position in the national mindset that we treat those with a university education with unquestioning  deference and servility seems to have changed.
Anyone who tries to suggest I'm advocating the abolition of higher education is choosing  to deliberately  misrepresent the point.

I tried explaining to the British Medical Council that I could pick it up as I went along with on the job training but the elitist b*****ds were having none of it.

21 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I tried explaining to the British Medical Council that I could pick it up as I went along with on the job training but the elitist b*****ds were having none of it.

There is just so much wrong in his post.

Just one being that all grads. are not ordinary people, walk immediately into high paid jobs and all come from highly privileged backgrounds.

Just a bitter twisted person!

12 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I feel bad pulling you up on these basic mistakes but when someone has a doctorate and a masters you would think everything they say and do is to be revered and respected.......maybe that's the fallacy that needed to be busted and the Brexit vote has helped in that. The educated elite and the professional experts are maybe not to be relied on anymore.

I really hope we start replacing 'so called experts' with just random 'everyday' guys from the pub.

Minsters announced today that the man in charge of implementing the NHS's new IT network is Dave from Southend. Dave, a bricklayer and part-time alcoholic, has extensive experience of going fucking mental every time a story about government waste comes up in the Mail and stated "They're faacking mugs m8. The lot o' them". He lists his proudest achievement as putting on a Pakistani accent and asking "Does anyone smell curry round here?" until an Egyptian student who'd accidentally wandered into The King's Head left. 

4 hours ago, McSpreader said:

What 'default' period are we talking about here, the 1950s?

It's clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. Which is one of the many reasons I'll take an expert's opinion over yours any time.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I really hope we start replacing 'so called experts' with just random 'everyday' guys from the pub.

Minsters announced today that the man in charge of implementing the NHS's new IT network is Dave from Southend. Dave, a bricklayer and part-time alcoholic, has extensive experience of going fucking mental every time a story about government waste comes up in the Mail and stated "They're faacking mugs m8. The lot o' them". He lists his proudest achievement as putting on a Pakistani accent and asking "Does anyone smell curry round here?" until an Egyptian student who'd accidentally wandered into The King's Head left. 

Is Dave from Southend oaksoft?  Is he?

We should've implemented the Danifesto.