Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Of course you did. You always do. You just cant argue with the truth, however hard it is for you to take !

I stopped at "most tolerant nation in Europe", both due to laughter and the unfortunate fact that your absolute drivel is even more tedious on the mobile app than it is on desktop.

The simple truth is that Scotland voted in 2014 to stay in the UK and voted in 2016 to stay in the EU. This is now a mutually incompatible set of wishes. The Scottish government would be remiss if it didn't offer the people of Scotland a chance to untie that knot, one way or the other.

Edited by renton

16 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

That is an outrageous, unintelligent and lazy assertion to make to say that the rUK is intolerant, racist and a shambles. What planet do you live on?

Britain is, in fact, quite demonstrably from the vast numbers of foreigners residing here successfully, possibly the most tolerant nation in Europe.

You are the one who is  an intolerant scaremonger. There is no evidence to support an increase in prejudice simply because of a majority of people voting to leave the EU. An increase in reporting may have happened since Brexit, but that is only because of those such as yourself who love racism , division and prejudice because you can then use that as weapons to against your political adversaries and therefore, I would suggest, a lot of the reporting of racist incidents are dubious in the extreme.

Re Sturgeon  I would suggest the 'manifesto' was a vehicle for her one and only policy that matters to her, independence, and everything else means nothing to her and she needs to be more honest about that.

The most logical explanation for an increase in reporting racism is because there is more racism happening.  As Katie Hopkins was told on twitter yesterday.

I've seen it said that the SNP have one policy, many times...usually at the same time as another policy is being criticised.

Witness the vitriol in the comments sections of the Independent only this week in reply to the baby box, the basic income scheme, the proposed right to food law.

Last month it was the budget, before that the named person scheme, the steel for the Bridge, contracts for Scotrail etc...etc...

It's entirely correct for the SNP government to be scrutinised and, when warranted, criticised - Every government and indeed every political party should be.  

It seems to me that the argument is the wrong way round.  Those that hate the SNP don't care what other policies they have.  They hate the idea of independence and that is what the SNP represent to them.  If that is such a deal-breaker then that is completely fine, there are many who only vote SNP for independence.

They should be entirely honest with themselves and others though.  Throwing the accusation of a "one policy party" at them just makes the poster seem angry and ignorant.

1 hour ago, Shades75 said:

That poll does nothing of the sort.

It asks whether voters want an independence referendum this year.  Not whether they want one or not.  It's a fundamental difference.

There are many, many Independence supporters who do not want a referendum this year.

It gets a little annoying when the full question and context of the various polls that come out are regurgitated without scrutiny or question.  It's wilful dis-information.

@ballymoneyyin did you reply to this?

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

@ballymoneyyin did you reply to this?

"I am determined that Scotland will have the ability to reconsider the question of independence and to do so before the UK leaves the EU - if that is necessary to protect our country's interests."

Nicola Sturgeon 

Article 50 is to be triggered in March of 2017. 

Just now, ballymoneyyin said:

"I am determined that Scotland will have the ability to reconsider the question of independence and to do so before the UK leaves the EU - if that is necessary to protect our country's interests."

Nicola Sturgeon 

Aye and if, and this is a big if, it is triggered then Scotland would have 2 years to reconsider that question.

6 minutes ago, ballymoneyyin said:

Nicola Sturgeon 

I thought that NotThePars had requoted my attempt to correct your original post.

If that is what he meant, then the above is not an answer to it.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye and if, and this is a big if, it is triggered then Scotland would have 2 years to reconsider that question.

So you think that Theresa May's Tory party will introduce another IndyRef Act within two years? Without such an Act, any "reconsideration" in Scotland would have no legal standing.

I'd love the Tories to hold a UK wide referendum on Scottish independence this year. If Scotland voted No but England and Wales voted Yes, could Scotland be kicked out of the UK? 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So you think that Theresa May's Tory party will introduce another IndyRef Act within two years? Without such an Act, any "reconsideration" in Scotland would have no legal standing.

I'd love the Tories to hold a UK wide referendum on Scottish independence this year. If Scotland voted No but England and Wales voted Yes, could Scotland be kicked out of the UK? 

Hopefully :thumsup2

19 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I thought that NotThePars had requoted my attempt to correct your original post.

If that is what he meant, then the above is not an answer to it.

I guess we won't know until a poll asking if an independence referendum within the next 2 years would be more favourable then. When I seen the poll my honest interpretation of it was 'do we want one or not'. 

Edited by ballymoneyyin
Poll rather than Pole

17 minutes ago, ballymoneyyin said:

I guess we won't know until a poll asking if an independence referendum within the next 2 years would be more favourable then. When I seen the poll my honest interpretation of it was 'do we want one or not'. 

I don't blame you entirely for thinking that. It's not an accident that that is how these things are presented but the devil is in the detail, as they say.

I sincerely hope and pray that the Tory party tell Scotland that they aren't allowed another chance to consider their position in the UK.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I sincerely hope and pray that the Tory party tell Scotland that they aren't allowed another chance to consider their position in the UK.

This, only the most stupid of Britnats think this would be a good play.

4 hours ago, Shades75 said:

The most logical explanation for an increase in reporting racism is because there is more racism happening.  As Katie Hopkins was told on twitter yesterday.

I've seen it said that the SNP have one policy, many times...usually at the same time as another policy is being criticised.

Witness the vitriol in the comments sections of the Independent only this week in reply to the baby box, the basic income scheme, the proposed right to food law.

Last month it was the budget, before that the named person scheme, the steel for the Bridge, contracts for Scotrail etc...etc...

It's entirely correct for the SNP government to be scrutinised and, when warranted, criticised - Every government and indeed every political party should be.  

It seems to me that the argument is the wrong way round.  Those that hate the SNP don't care what other policies they have.  They hate the idea of independence and that is what the SNP represent to them.  If that is such a deal-breaker then that is completely fine, there are many who only vote SNP for independence.

They should be entirely honest with themselves and others though.  Throwing the accusation of a "one policy party" at them just makes the poster seem angry and ignorant.

The snp have two policies. One is separation, and the other is to differentiate Scotland from the rest of the UK (England) regardless of the truth or the consequences to the people of Scotland.

3 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

The snp have two policies. One is separation, and the other is to differentiate Scotland from the rest of the UK (England) regardless of the truth or the consequences to the people of Scotland.

Laughable pish.

I am no fan of the SNP but they are extremely competent in government. Far more so than the pea brained unionist opposition in Scotland and markedly more organised and competent than the total cluster that is Westminster government at present

You just confirmed Shades 75's point.

28 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

Ok.

Could you provide us with some examples of this, and an explanation of how you come to that conclusion?