Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Classic deflection from a typically dishonest Blairite. 
Why can't you admit that you can't explain your idiotic comment?

Liam Fox has described EU citizens living in the U.K. as "bargaining chips" in future negotiations

I suspect you knew that already.

I also think you're capable of seeing why that's one of the things that might spook an Estonian hairdresser into taking action sooner rather than later to secure her position

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Liam Fox has described EU citizens living in the U.K. as "bargaining chips" in future negotiations

I also think you're capable of seeing why that's one of the things that might spook an Estonian hairdresser into taking action sooner rather than later to secure her position

It is David Davis, not Liam Fox, who is responsible for the Brexit negotiations. Fox is only responsible for negotiating trade deals with non-EU countries.

The EU has been adamant negotiations will only start after Article 50 is invoked early next year. The EU regards British citizens who are living in other Member States as bargaining chips.

I suspect that you knew that already.

It is David Davis, not Liam Fox, who is responsible for the Brexit negotiations. Fox is only responsible for negotiating trade deals with non-EU countries.

The EU has been adamant negotiations will only start after Article 50 is invoked early next year. The EU regards British citizens who are living in other Member States as bargaining chips.

Of course I knew that already. My stepfather in the Dordogne and his wife are taking similar steps to our Estonian hairdresser.

The fact that David Davies is, for the moment at least, charged with Brexit negotiations may be preferable to Boris, Fox or even Farage handling it but I would think twice before hanging my future on his words.

I'm now not so much criticising your intellect on this but you're lack of empathy

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Fox is right . They are bargaining chips.

You are sounding just like all those soon to be jobless Labour MP's in England who care more about Estonians , Poles and Syrians than their own British constituents.

This is why UKIP did so well and why Britain voted Brexit and you still don't get it do you?

56 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Of course I knew that already. My stepfather in the Dordogne and his wife are taking similar steps to our Estonian hairdresser.

The fact that David Davies is, for the moment at least, charged with Brexit negotiations may be preferable to Boris, Fox or even Farage handling it but I would think twice before hanging my future on his words.

I'm now not so much criticising your intellect on this but you're lack of empathy

So it's lack of empathy now.  Am I supposed to empathise with money-grabbing immigration lawyers who are jumping the gun? My empathy is with the EU nationals in Britain who are being targeted by them. 

Btw, it's David Davis. David Davies is a former Welsh Minister.

29 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

So it's lack of empathy now.  Am I supposed to empathise with money-grabbing immigration lawyers who are jumping the gun? My empathy is with the EU nationals in Britain who are being targeted by them. 

Btw, it's David Davis. David Davies is a former Welsh Minister.

Yep, and Tony Blair is a proud Scot.

You are sounding just like all those soon to be jobless Labour MP's in England who care more about Estonians , Poles and Syrians than their own British constituents.
This is why UKIP did so well and why Britain voted Brexit and you still don't get it do you?

Maybe

Why should I care about the feelings of nasty pensioners from Hartlepool or the Rhonda more than my neighbours, colleagues, friends and family in Edinburgh?

It's not as if they're worried about my community.

Or are they the only ones allowed to be parochial?

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

What poor people are you keeping hostage in the Borders you utter fiend?

You mean absolutely raging British nationalist who said Scotland should be extinguished now wholeheartedly supports the UK line and thinks we should all shut up and eat our cereal. 

His arguments in the clip seems reasonable, sound, and empathetic, and does well to highlight the Holier Than Thou approach of many Remainers that helped ensure a Leave win.

7 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The EU regards British citizens who are living in other Member States as bargaining chips.

Quite possibly - however, should things such as this actually be introduced, then that argument pretty much goes out the window.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Maybe

Why should I care about the feelings of nasty pensioners from Hartlepool or the Rhonda more than my neighbours, colleagues, friends and family in Edinburgh?

How can you judge them as nasty....you sound like those remain politiicians like Anna Soubry and Nick Clegg who spent the whole campaign dissing decent, law-abiding upstanding Brits because they had the temerity to question the liberal political elite. You are no more capable of listening to their fears and concerns or showing them empathy because your blinkered prejudice has labelled them as reactionary without any attempt to rise above the vacuous, self serving, faux-virtuous soundbite politicking the worst of the Remainer camp were guilty of.

There were 17+million Leave voters and they weren't all  Hartlepool or Welsh pensioners.

I'll guarantee you they care more about your Edinburgh community than you dare to admit.

One ting for sure , the liberal political elite haven't cared about those working class communities for the last 15 years......and as for your wonderful Edinburgh community, make very sure you are aware of what you're wishing for for that community because it may not be what you really want.

I made the point about standards a lot in the run up to the referendum. If we make something here that we want to export to the EU then it needs to meet the EU standards which, after Brexit, we will have no say in setting. All this "take back control" is nonsense.

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Maybe

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

How can you judge them as nasty....you sound like those remain politiicians like Anna Soubry and Nick Clegg who spent the whole campaign dissing decent, law-abiding upstanding Brits because they had the temerity to question the liberal political elite. You are no more capable of listening to their fears and concerns or showing them empathy because your blinkered prejudice has labelled them as reactionary without any attempt to rise above the vacuous, self serving, faux-virtuous soundbite politicking the worst of the Remainer camp were guilty of.

There were 17+million Leave voters and they weren't all  Hartlepool or Welsh pensioners.

I'll guarantee you they care more about your Edinburgh community than you dare to admit.

One ting for sure , the liberal political elite haven't cared about those working class communities for the last 15 years......and as for your wonderful Edinburgh community, make very sure you are aware of what you're wishing for for that community because it may not be what you really want.

Good post Mr Topcat. Touched a wee britnat nerve I see :)

No difference between a pensioner on the Ruhr to one in Rhonda. Unless you are a nasty nat...........britnat that is.

I made the point about standards a lot in the run up to the referendum. If we make something here that we want to export to the EU then it needs to meet the EU standards which, after Brexit, we will have no say in setting. All this "take back control" is nonsense.

Must be murder for all those Chinese, American, Taiwanese, Australian, Canadian, Norwegian, Brazilian companies and companies from every other country that trades with the EU.

However, if you look at the Canadian/EU trade deal then there is mutual recognition of each others standards. Replace the CSA with BS and it is not inconceivable that the same will apply.

Good post Mr Topcat. Touched a wee britnat nerve I see [emoji4]
No difference between a pensioner on the Ruhr to one in Rhonda. Unless you are a nasty nat...........britnat that is.

Or a German nationalist for that matter

But I'm glad that someone understood the general idea