Brechin V Airdrie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep well done to all, a solid enough performance with big effort from all. Some tasty challenges going in with Aidrie No 3 getting to kick everything.

Some odd decisions with the ref letting lots go. Why Jacksons goal was chopped is beyond me - would like to see it again as it appeared he ran past some Aidrie pplayers with it before scoring.

Anyway top of the league and unbeaten - well done to all.

Absolutely delighted with that result. Does anyone know why exactly Jacko's first goal was ruled out and why the linesman took so long to make the decision?! Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end.

Jacko was absolutely terrific today. What a start to the season he is having.

Airdrie look awful defensively, it could and should have been more than 3.

Last season we had zero points at this stage. So even after just five matches it's a great feeling to be top of the league! Roll on Livi next week.

No defence for our recruitment policy.   Who the feck scouted bombscare Boateng, Schidt, Faria, etc.,  and let O'Neill, Watt, Cadden, Bain and Cox walk?

Utter joke.

For what's it's worth, I wouldn't have let O'Neill, Bain and Cox anywhere near our team, especially now they're turning out for teams in a lower division, and watt wasn't even on the bench for Livi today.

Cadden is the only player I'd have kept from last season but that's his perrogative to want to go to Livi.

So predictable. Yes we will score goals, but at what cost. Is the team any better than last year? Debatable. With the right football people in we could have a chance, but if things dont change we will be stuck in this league for a long long time. We need a manager not a yes man. Harsh but true.

The biggest mistake was letting both Crighton and Lithgow leave - two experienced, proven League One defenders who've won promotion before (and will do again this year) - when we knew we were going to have a young inexperienced keeper and full-backs. Instead we went with two young kids at the back, realised they weren't ready, so signed Boateng in desperation and moved Fitz back there in a desperate attempt to get some experience in the back line.

Plenty other mistakes have been made with letting players go/bringing players in, but the total downgrade in centre defence has been by far the most costly.

For what's it's worth, I wouldn't have let O'Neill, Bain and Cox anywhere near our team, especially now they're turning out for teams in a lower division, and watt wasn't even on the bench for Livi today.

Cadden is the only player I'd have kept from last season but that's his perrogative to want to go to Livi.

O'Neill was playing for Brechin today and performed well...

Also if you don't think Watt would improve that Airdrie midfield then you're on another planet. Helped turn our season around last year. Can't believe he's not being utilised more by Livi.

Lithgow and Crighton were a disaster last year too and would make no real difference just now imho.  They made the same mistakes the current lot do.    There is simply not enough ballwinning ability throughout the team.    We needed to upgrade at centre back too but thats been fecked up.   Bombscare Boateng is a serious downgrade on everyone.

We've upgraded the passing side of our game with Conroy and Leitch and the finishing with Ryan and Russell but we are so weak defending from midfield and full back areas in particular. 

Archived