Queen of the South v Linfield

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/09/2016 at 23:51, Margaret Thatcher said:

How many is that if it's sold out?

There will be at around 7 or 800 of us, if not close to a thousand. I think about 600 of them are Rangers supporters just travelling for the crack though to have a wee Sash Bash on the ferry and sung the Billy Boys at Palmerston. Seriously though, it does appear to be around the 1,000 figure which I'd consider pretty healthy. I would be happy with at least 5 or 500 though as I was only anticipating around 200 tbh.

Interesting reading this thread. Playing a new team in a new tournament is an opportunity to establish friendships in football and friendly links, yet all I can see is vitriol and assumptions made about a football club which the majority of you freely admit you know next no nothing about.

A lot of absolute nonsense posted here but it's good to see the odd QotS question the bitterness and intolerance including outright naked sectarianism towards our support and club. Going by this thread I think there are certain tags we could ascribe to QotS as a club and its support, I think the irony on using bigotry to accuse others of it is lost on some, but then I'm not a c**t about to tar you all with the same brush because of a few posters remarks.

Here's to a good day out and I think many of you will be surprised on the day itself. 

That will be great if you bring such a large support and make for a real cup tie atmosphere. Also hope your fans show the real warmth of folk from N Ireland. I've been to N Ireland countless times as I have a large number of family there and it's a wonderful place when you put aside all the nonsense. So can we get back to discussing football.
Also hope everybody has a great trip and goes home with a good impression of Dumfries and Galloway.

1 hour ago, 1886 said:

A lot of absolute nonsense posted here but it's good to see the odd QotS question the bitterness and intolerance including outright naked sectarianism towards our support and club. Going by this thread I think there are certain tags we could ascribe to QotS as a club and its support,

A lot of that kind of stuff on this thread has been posted by fans from other teams.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Where would Linfield fit in if they were to play in the Scottish system I honestly know hee haw about your club or about how good you are. Just wondering who are favorites for the game

About 9/10 years ago I would have fancied our chances of being a Premier League team, albeit a bottom half one, but we are nowhere near that good now and I would have Queen of the South as favourites. We also have an aversion to plastic pitches, so I'll go for a healthy home win.

Would be delighted to be wrong though.

I hope it's a great game and occasion.

Think the two Hibs fans have been pretty stupid in trying to stoke up animosity between two sets of fans in a game their team isn't even involved in.

Dumfries is great for a few pints before the game, loads of pubs just a 10 minute walk from the ground.  With 7-800 in the seats opposite the main stand it should be quite full.  But be aware there's hardly any toilets or catering facilities in there (on our last visit in 2015) so if you go to use the facilities at HT, you stand a good chance of missing the start of the 2nd half.

nevermind all the arguing, wheres the best place in Dumfries for a Pastie Supper and a deep fried mars bar?

No idea what a "Pastie Supper" is, but if you're after a battered Mars Bar the best place is Palmerston Cafe. It's actually en route to the ground from the town centre so will make for a nice prematch snack :lol:

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No idea what a "Pastie Supper" is, but if you're after a battered Mars Bar the best place is Palmerston Cafe. It's actually en route to the ground from the town centre so will make for a nice prematch snack :lol:

Who was it was talking about pie rolls the other week?

Edit - just remembered it was ICT fans at Alloa.

Who was it was talking about pie rolls the other week?

Edit - just remembered it was ICT fans at Alloa.

No idea, but there is a guy at my work who does that. Mince pie into a bun. He's from London so it's to be expected they're a bit odd.

Archived