Queen of the South v Linfield

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I'm shocked that queens fans are siding with the bigot lovers.

Another moron.

It's quite clear what you, and a few of the previous posters are trying to do. Using the actions of a few and trying to demonising an entire support is an act of bigotry in itself. 

Don't you have any pitches to invade?

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 20:34, Monkey Tennis said:

It's an excellent deal for you guys.

Leaving aside this particular tie, how do you and other fans feel about Linfield's involvement in this competition?

A hard one to answer, and I would be using the word "depends".

When we first competed in the Setanta Cup it was a brilliant innovation; new grounds to visit and fresh faces to play against, but then we had two tight title races in a row and consequently played weakened sides in the Setanta Cup, slightly devaluing it (IMO) so, to answer your question, it depends how seriously Sir David takes this tie.

The choice of date, International weekend, is a poor one, but I would like to see us get anther shot next year. I fear we will struggle, and I am hoping there are no bandwagon jumpers who will sully the game, from whatever side. For that reason I would have preferred a home tie.

Another moron.

It's quite clear what you, and a few of the previous posters are trying to do. Using the actions of a few and trying to demonising an entire support is an act of bigotry in itself. 

Ah the actions of a few, or the 'minority', where have we heard that again

Another moron.

Congrats on outing yourself, silly ***.

45 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

The choice of date, International weekend, is a poor one, but I would like to see us get anther shot next year. I fear we will struggle, and I am hoping there are no bandwagon jumpers who will sully the game, from whatever side. For that reason I would have preferred a home tie.

The Challenge Cup has run on International weekend dates for years though, that's partly the point of it. It fills in those dates for lower league sides. It was always going to be international weekend when you entered it. It will be next year too.

42 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Congrats on outing yourself, silly ***.

Aye, as a Linfield fan. You, however, have outed yourself as an idiot, a fact substantiated by the fact that Lichtie is agreeing with you.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Challenge Cup has run on International weekend dates for years though, that's partly the point of it. It fills in those dates for lower league sides. It was always going to be international weekend when you entered it. It will be next year too.

I know mate, I was just seeing it from a Linfield point of view, (and I know we are a lower league sized team), as loads of our fans will be at the Northern Ireland game. It could be an exciting adventure for us if we take it seriously, and I sincerely hope that we do. The fact that the International was at home means that a home tie for us would have been very problematic.

Anyway, here's hoping for a good game.

I know mate, I was just seeing it from a Linfield point of view, (and I know we are a lower league sized team), as loads of our fans will be at the Northern Ireland game. It could be an exciting adventure for us if we take it seriously, and I sincerely hope that we do. The fact that the International was at home means that a home tie for us would have been very problematic.

Getting called an idiot by someone from TFS. Probably a good thing. How was your July?

Fwiw I was genuinely just making a wee joke. Calm down.

1 hour ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Another moron.

^^^ goaded

Who are you trying to convince me or yourself? Explain how what I said makes me an idiot? Majority of your fans are *** sympathisers. You act like them, sing the same songs as them, you even play in the same colours. An embarrassment that your club are allowed to compete in this.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Getting called an idiot by someone from TFS. Probably a good thing. How was your July?

I know AFJ lives in that area but I'm sure it's not in The Falkirk Stadium.

Sounds more like Wunf type behaviour tbh.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Who are you trying to convince me or yourself? Explain how what I said makes me an idiot? Majority of your fans are *** sympathisers. You act like them, sing the same songs as them, you even play in the same colours. An embarrassment that your club are allowed to compete in this.

I have no need to convince myself of anything at all and, if you had been reading, I have already said that most Linfield fans would support Rangers, but not all. Incidentally, most Cliftonville fans would support Celtic, while most Glentoran and Portadown fans would also support Rangers. I could go through the Irish League in that vein, (and the LOI), but I won't. In Northern Ireland, the majority of the population are into "bigger" teams, meaning lots support either side of the OF, and even more support ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man City.

Your use of the "H" word, (I'm guessing that's what the blanked out word is) says more about you than I possibly could, or perhaps you think it is acceptable to stereotype? An another poster has already stated, there is a lot of bigotry on this thread and, so far, none of it has come from Linfield fans.

You are an idiot for claiming I am "outed" as anything. I am a football fan.

Incidentally, the response you quoted was to Skyline Drifter.

I have no need to convince myself of anything at all and, if you had been reading, I have already said that most Linfield fans would support Rangers, but not all. Incidentally, most Cliftonville fans would support Celtic, while most Glentoran and Portadown fans would also support Rangers. I could go through the Irish League in that vein, (and the LOI), but I won't. In Northern Ireland, the majority of the population are into "bigger" teams, meaning lots support either side of the OF, and even more support ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool/Man City.

Your use of the "H" word, (I'm guessing that's what the blanked out word is) says more about you than I possibly could, or perhaps you think it is acceptable to stereotype? An another poster has already stated, there is a lot of bigotry on this thread and, so far, none of it has come from Linfield fans.

You are an idiot for claiming I am "outed" as anything. I am a football fan.

Incidentally, the response you quoted was to Skyline Drifter.

Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to stereotype a *** as a ***.

Archived