Queen of the South v Linfield

SUPERSOUTH

Yes, I get all of that.  And I was at no stage in any doubt about which part of the ground he was referring to.

I think Flash was being a bit facetious.  I don't think he's really advocating the closure of the home terracing at all.  I think he's highlighting a flaw in the logic that's occasionally been used to justify the closure of the away terracing, when it might instead have been opened.  If he is, I agree with his central point.

Yes we all know what Flash is getting at. And he is of course correct, it would be cheaper to do that though of course only feasible for matches with a likely home attendance under 2000 or so, probably even a good bit lower. However there are pr reasons why that wont happen as long as terraces are permitted whereas no particular incentive to incur additional cost opening a needless terrace for away fans. 

I think it's clear that not everyone did know what Flash was getting at.

I think that in PR terms, it's been a mistake also to keep Terregles Street shut for some games.  I suppose it's a question of where to draw the line.  The furrow Flash is currently ploughing, is designed to show that that's a bit arbitrary.

Aye ok.  Your observations on this are clearly to be taken entirely at face value.  [emoji6]

Jeez.

Nobody is seriously suggesting shutting the home terracing for any games.  Stop treating it as a viable proposal please people.

This.

Honestly, this is what happens when Flash tries to be facetious people. Nobody, but NOBODY, is suggesting closing the home terrace for any reason (not even Flash is serious about it). It's not going to be closed as long as terracing is allowed at the level we are playing.

I am being absolutely serious about it. Obviously it won't work if there is going to be an outcry, but I thought it would be a good idea if it is going to save a lot of money.

Could the P&B's Bletchley Park residents please help to decipher Flash's posts regarding the possible closure of the Portland Road terrace as I and a few others are obviously confused and not suitably qualified in the code breaking department. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am being absolutely serious about it. Obviously it won't work if there is going to be an outcry, but I thought it would be a good idea if it is going to save a lot of money.

#SayNoToFlash #KeepStanding

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:00, 19QOS19 said:

I agree with your well written post, but have to say I take issue with this part. I'm not sure whether you are referring to the boy up top or not, but if you are I totally disagree. The guy I'm thinking of was never off the deck, spending more time looking for fouls than actually doing anything effective for his teammates.

Was referring to Jamie Mulgrew in midfield mate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016/10/05 at 17:52, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

We have two players away with the U21's.

One isn't a huge loss, but young Smyth has been a major player despite his tender age and diminutive stature.

Queens to progress.

Can confirm Smyth is a really good prospect, who could have done some damage, having watched Linfield play Crusaders in their New Year derby game. He stood out a mile. Surprised he hasn't got a move to a full-time club on the mainland yet.

Archived