Queen of the South v Linfield

SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What was the issue at half time in the corner?

I'm guessing it was to do with Linfield fans wanting to move from the stand to the Terregles Street terracing, but being prevented from doing so by the police.

I'm not sure though.  Whatever it was, it caused a bit of commotion and drew a crowd.  Indeed, well after the second half was underway, a good few Linfield supporters were far more focused on what was going on, than on the events behind them, on the pitch.

I asked that earlier but no one replied.

We assumed, like you, that the police and stewards were stopping the fans moving between the terrace and stand. They were doing so before kick off but it was either pre-planned or a  reaction to the flare set off in the stand. Either way the "linfield" fans were very interested in it all.

4 minutes ago, linfield_blue said:

Sadly we do get a few of those fans who only seem to appear when we have a big game. The vast majority of Linfield fans have no interest in the party songs. 

I enjoyed the trip over, and want to thank QoS for their hospitality. I would have liked a wee bit longer in the town, but extra time put a stop to that! Roy Carroll kept us in the game. 4 or 5-0 wouldn't have flattered you. I hope we are invited back to the competition next season. It's something different for us too. It was fantastic to see how we would fare against a full time team in a meaningful match. 

Love your stadium too, felt like a proper stadium where "real" football is played. All the best for the rest of the season. I hope you come over to Belfast for a game sometime, and we can repay you all. Please don't think all Linfield fans are interested in sectarianism, we aren't all bad! 

Funny, Rangers fans say the same thing. Like at their games, it didnt look like a minority singing today

3 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Everyone of them are filth?

Nice.

I take it no Derry City supporters have ever chanted sectertian songs, or maybe you have selective hearing?

Just how many times in recent years have they played each other? 

Ah, whataboutery, where have you been, old friend. Classic Rangers response.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sadly we do get a few of those fans who only seem to appear when we have a big game. The vast majority of Linfield fans have no interest in the party songs. 

I must say that when I heard the "Follow Follow" song it was being sung by a small group behind the goal. Previous to that the singing had been louder and some of the main stand supporters had been joining in which makes me think it was indeed the local dipshits who were singing these songs.

I sat right next to the Linfield fans and after applauding Carroll off I turned to them and wished them well (as did a few others around me) and the same was returned from the Linfield guys. There was no ill feelings between the sets all game. Only a really old guy who rambled throughout the game, though nothing malicious :lol:

I should also add, I forgot how much I love the Belfast accent :lol:

40 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I asked that earlier but no one replied.

We assumed, like you, that the police and stewards were stopping the fans moving between the terrace and stand. They were doing so before kick off but it was either pre-planned or a  reaction to the flare set off in the stand. Either way the "linfield" fans were very interested in it all.

Funny, Rangers fans say the same thing. Like at their games, it didnt look like a minority singing today

I despise Rangers and Celtic.

For a Mod you don't seem very impartial. 

Plus I wasn't talking to you.

Well this is just it. It's a lot of absolute nonsense to say it's a minority and just like Rangers it's one of the main reasons they support the club, all that baggage, revel in it.

Eta: you can shove your independence up your arse... :lol:

What a bunch of dafties.

40 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

No you were just posting in a public forum that he's a mod on, ya p***k!

The identity of mods isnt a secret. In fact there is a link to them on the front page and it says it in their profiles.

That said I dont recall anything that suggests mods need to be impartial. Why would they be?

Derry's Walls

The Sash

The Billy Boys

Build my Gallows

When I came through the turnstiles and looked over at all the butcher's aprons I thought I was at a Rangers game :whistle

Excluding The Billy Boys I genuinely wouldn't know what any of those songs sounded like if they were played to me which is why I obviously didn't hear any sectarian songs. I have no interest in ever knowing how they go either. I steer clear of the whole sectarianism discussion as I am the first to admit I am completely ignorant on the subject which is something I have no intention of rectifying :)

41 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The identity of mods isnt a secret. In fact there is a link to them on the front page and it says it in their profiles.

That said I dont recall anything that suggests mods need to be impartial. Why would they be?

Why did you quote me? The very fact they have the Team they support as thier profile kinda suggests they're biased.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because you claimed he was publicly outing Mr X as a mod as if it was some sort of secret otherwise. Its not.

No I didn't, you misread my post

I was just answering sureiknow's point about why Mr X was posting.

And I was saying the reason he's talking to him is because he is posting in a forum that he is also a mod on, ya p***k (not meaning you).

West Sound Radio: "Two lucky goals in extra time saw Queen of The South through to the next round in the Challenge Cup, with one of the goals coming from Lyndon Sykes"

:lol: Don't know what's worse about that comment!

West Sound Radio: "Two lucky goals in extra time saw Queen of The South through to the next round in the Challenge Cup, with one of the goals coming from Lyndon Sykes"

Son of Eric. Classy reporting.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tremendous.

I did like Sykes back in the day.  I also enjoyed the totally flukey nature of both our goals.  That free kick - so jammy.

As for what was happening at half time.... was there somewhere to eat in the stand or get something to drink? I think they where looking over to get a pie and a juice as they could see it being served in the corner.  As the buses brought us straight to the game ~(30mins before KO) there wasn't a chance to stop and get a bite to eat and the buses where leaving (as you seen with the road closed off) immediately after the game.  The buses where told to get us straight to the terminal, and where under instructions not to stop off anywhere.

I got a burger and a bottle of irn bru on the boat on the way home and it set me back £13 and would much rather have paid £4 for a juice and pie!

14 minutes ago, LinfieldNo1 said:

As for what was happening at half time.... was there somewhere to eat in the stand or get something to drink? I think they where looking over to get a pie and a juice as they could see it being served in the corner.  As the buses brought us straight to the game ~(30mins before KO) there wasn't a chance to stop and get a bite to eat and the buses where leaving (as you seen with the road closed off) immediately after the game.  The buses where told to get us straight to the terminal, and where under instructions not to stop off anywhere.

I got a burger and a bottle of irn bru on the boat on the way home and it set me back £13 and would much rather have paid £4 for a juice and pie!

Pretty sure it was something other than getting something to eat.

Archived