Queen of the South v Linfield

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Well at least you're not bigots.

I'm guessing that a few "Linfield" fans attended this match specifically due to it's location.  Also looks like quite a few choose to wear clothing adorning the Rangers badge rather than that of their own club - quite strange.

11 hours ago, Super Blues said:

Some of the comments noted previously are laughable to say the least.

Can't wait for this, It will be good to get back Palmerston. Linfield are certainly my local and number one club but I've followed the Queens for 30 odd years.

I'm hoping for a Sunday game so I don't have to miss the NI game and certainly the Queens will be the bookies favourites.

People should be arrested for this <_<

I would normally be looking forward to this tie immensely but I had already booked to fly home for Northern Ireland v San Marino a few weeks before the draw. I'd prefer to go to the Blues game, but I can't afford to lose the flight and hotel money. Oh well, here's hoping it's a 4-3 thriller for you all? I had a small glimmer of hope that a few of our players would get called up for the International U21's and that the game would be moved, but the contingency for that is to play on Tuesday, and I'll be in Hanover for the Norn' Iron' game, so I'm destined not to see it, no matter what.

Despite Linfield only losing 2-1 to a very strong Cork City side in Europe this season, I'd say Queens are odds on favourites as Linfield are a shadow of their great side of 8-10 years ago. We also seem to have an aversion to plastic pitches, as most Cliftonville and Crusaders fans will attest. I predict a comfortable home win.

I'm gobsmacked by some of the comments by posters on here, and it is their defamations and accusations that are verging on bigotry. Have they ever met/conversed with a Linfield fan before?  Have they ever been to a Linfield game? They pass off unremarkably every week back home. We certainly did not win 17-0 recently, although I wish we had. As for sending us back across the Irish Sea? It's the North Channel - the Irish Sea is below that. Seriously, the comments made say much more about the posters than they do about our club. Some of the culprits were all too expected, based on past experiences here, but one poster in particular, I had previously thought much better of.

Yes, we are a traditionally Unionist club, but our playing bases is diverse and we have awards for cross community work. Yes, some fuds appear for big games, but that can be said of any club.

Thanks to the welcoming Queens fans who have posted, (Mrs AFJ is a Doonhamer), you'll find that the vast majority of the Blues fans will just want a few pints and a blether about the game, and here's hoping for a good day all round? If any Neanderthals are reading this and thinking of coming along for a bigot fest then you are very welcome - to fcuk away off and go somewhere else. Linfield do not want you, and I believe that I speak for 99% of our fans when I say that.

Oooft ! Either naive or a closet Sevconian?

I abhor bigotry and sectarianism.....it has no place in the modern world let alone in sport.

I'm just surprised by the amount of prejudice shown by my fellow Queens fans against a club they know very little about. Whether it's Linfield, Derry City or The People's Front of Judea FC I would show them the same courtesy as I would expect from them.

Every club has it's idiot following and I'm sure the Linfield support are every bit as passionate about their club as I am about the mighty Queens but why tar all supporters of a club with the same brush??!

I would normally be looking forward to this tie immensely but I had already booked to fly home for Northern Ireland v San Marino a few weeks before the draw. I'd prefer to go to the Blues game, but I can't afford to lose the flight and hotel money. Oh well, here's hoping it's a 4-3 thriller for you all? I had a small glimmer of hope that a few of our players would get called up for the International U21's and that the game would be moved, but the contingency for that is to play on Tuesday, and I'll be in Hanover for the Norn' Iron' game, so I'm destined not to see it, no matter what.

Despite Linfield only losing 2-1 to a very strong Cork City side in Europe this season, I'd say Queens are odds on favourites as Linfield are a shadow of their great side of 8-10 years ago. We also seem to have an aversion to plastic pitches, as most Cliftonville and Crusaders fans will attest. I predict a comfortable home win.

I'm gobsmacked by some of the comments by posters on here, and it is their defamations and accusations that are verging on bigotry. Have they ever met/conversed with a Linfield fan before?  Have they ever been to a Linfield game? They pass off unremarkably every week back home. We certainly did not win 17-0 recently, although I wish we had. As for sending us back across the Irish Sea? It's the North Channel - the Irish Sea is below that. Seriously, the comments made say much more about the posters than they do about our club. Some of the culprits were all too expected, based on past experiences here, but one poster in particular, I had previously thought much better of.

Yes, we are a traditionally Unionist club, but our playing bases is diverse and we have awards for cross community work. Yes, some fuds appear for big games, but that can be said of any club.

Thanks to the welcoming Queens fans who have posted, (Mrs AFJ is a Doonhamer), you'll find that the vast majority of the Blues fans will just want a few pints and a blether about the game, and here's hoping for a good day all round? If any Neanderthals are reading this and thinking of coming along for a bigot fest then you are very welcome - to fcuk away off and go somewhere else. Linfield do not want you, and I believe that I speak for 99% of our fans when I say that.

Well said.If Forfar had drawn you I'd like to think we would have given you a warm welcome before tarring everybody with the same brush like some on here.

Was going to ignore this competition, mainly due to the colt team nonsense but this tie could be intriguing.

Due to circumstances not been to a game for over a year (15/16) being the only season I have not seen a single game since I started in 64/65.

Going to St Mirren on Saturday and really looking forward to it so may well be down for the Linfield game

I see that the Linfield support has a travel offer from Stena line and hopefully a few make the trip over.

I remember when Queens played Colraine a few years ago it cost £5 for bus and ferry, although it was subsidised by Queens

"Queen of the south October 9: Stena Line will operate a travel package incorporating ferry and bus transfer to the ground but excluding admission to the game.

Supporters will travel on the 7.30am ferry on Sunday and return on the 7.30pm ferry in the evening after the game.

The fee for ALL passengers is £39."

I see that the Linfield support has a travel offer from Stena line and hopefully a few make the trip over.

I remember when Queens played Colraine a few years ago it cost £5 for bus and ferry, although it was subsidised by Queens

"Queen of the south October 9: Stena Line will operate a travel package incorporating ferry and bus transfer to the ground but excluding admission to the game.

Supporters will travel on the 7.30am ferry on Sunday and return on the 7.30pm ferry in the evening after the game.

The fee for ALL passengers is £39."

Apparently 400-600 fans making the journey over. Good show if it is especially with it being international weekend. Would like to think we would take a similar number if we were to draw an Irish team.

Archived