Partick v St Johnstone 10th September 2016

I remember one Johnnies game I was running late. At the bottom  of the South Drive I heard a roar.

Got to the fence just before the JHS and checked who scored with a steward. Told it was the Sainties. I carried on regardless.

Another cheer just as I approached the turn style. 

St Johnstone again.

I still went in :(

Finished 4-0.

At least the tide us turning in our favour again 8)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Costanza said:

Beat you 4-0 twice in the 2004/05 season. Campbell in charge for the second game but don't think he was was for first. Second 4-0 essentially made us safe after horrific season under Connolly. Jim Weir possibly in temporary charge by that point. Your season was of course even worse than ours.......

The 5-1 was early in 2006/07 season with Jason Scotland in full flow. Willie McLaren made his debit I think. Not sure who Thistle manager was for that one.

As I say changed days. Be grateful for one goal on Saturday!

Dick Campbell was still in charge mate for the 5-1 game as well

Hard to have any confidence about this after recent results against Thistle but equally need to remember that we've lost only 4 times in 19 games since the near back-to-back defeats to the Jags in the spring.

I'd start Gormley with MacLean but Wright is saying he doesn't think he's ready. Millar and Davidson being fully fit is a huge boost and undoubtedly increases our chances of getting a result. Since the start of 2013, we've only lost 2 league games in which they've both played the full 90 minutes.

Looking forward to this as we've played some good stuff so far this season, although we are utter muck at the back. Think we'll need to score more than once if we stand a chance of winning this as I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Expect we'll revert back to 4-2-3-1 and start with Barton and Osman in the middle and it might be sensible to play Doolan instead of Azeez up front because of his decent scoring record against the Saintees. I'll go 2-1 Thistle.

We look a lot more capable of scoring goals this season after two years of powderpuff shite, and have played some really nice attacking football so far. In addition to this our recent record over St Johnstone is great, which if my Jags maths is correct, should all add up to 1-0 Saints.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

f**k Kingsley, Nizzy, Kenny Arthur's penalty spot on his head and Kris Doolan.

Thistle 0-8 Saints.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Absolute NAP Doolan will score today. Dick.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doolan won't score.

2-1 Saints with Coulson scoring a screamer in the last 20 minutes

Ooft.  The Fermers have been on the scrumpy early doors :lol:

^^^ The St Johnstone way [emoji6]

I've been three, maybe four, times and never seen us win. Only ones I remember are last season when we conceded three in the first half, and then the game way back in our promotion season, where we lost about 4-0 and every goal was a screamer

I'm not a good omen in Glasgow.

Archived