William Hill Scottish Cup 2016/2017

newcastle broon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is no-one going to congratulate LOWLAND LEAGUE East Stirlingshire for taking Scottish League club Annan to a draw... well done chaps... :cheers

anyway enough of winding up SelfAssembly-

-what a great result for Hawick who have been a bit rubbish for years- must be some hard work going on down at Albert Park these days. I hope they get a decent draw in the next round. 

6 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

What a great turnaround for the Albert, EOS whipping boys to this. Take a bow to the committee, management team and players. I'm sure Josh Morris has had pelters on p+b from some Berwick posters, well sit back son and enjoy your moment. 

Let's no forget the Berwick boys that take the piss oot of the eosfa when it comes to the City Cup :D

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

is no-one going to congratulate LOWLAND LEAGUE East Stirlingshire for taking Scottish League club Annan to a draw... well done chaps... :cheers

-what a great result for Hawick who have been a bit rubbish for years- must be some hard work going on down at Albert Park these days. I hope they get a decent draw in the next round. 

Hawick have been a welcome addition to the LL tam,as you know a great set up and place to visit. 

Superb result for Borders fitba,it's taken pelters in the past.

What a day ... thought the Welfare were going to be in Tuesday's draw as well but a disappointing 2nd half means the dream is over for another year. 

Well done to those from the LL who did so well today. 

That Hawick result ... superb !!! 

PS ... They are very welcoming up there ... but please don't send us to Wick again next season. 

8 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

What a day ... thought the Welfare were going to be in Tuesday's draw as well but a disappointing 2nd half means the dream is over for another year. 

Well done to those from the LL who did so well today. 

That Hawick result ... superb !!! 

PS ... They are very welcoming up there ... but please don't send us to Wick again next season. 

1 was never gonnae be enough wi that slope 2nd half Rab. 

Unfortunately well pumped in the end,was nae even a dirty game yet we get 3 sent off. Bizarre to say the least ! 

After 6 mins & being 2 nil up I thought my telephone texting skills would be tested to the max. Alas was not to be. We did hit the post & once again made plenty of chances. Huntly had a ball that came in high & even though the autumnal sun fooled the huntly fans it didn't fool Blair as he safely watched it clear our crossbar. 

Amusing shout of the day (from the Huntly section) was "HIGHER", as their players hoofed the ball ever higher in the vain attempt to assault our goal but it was just like lapping up the gravy with a thick unbuttered piece for Big Towners, PT. Herdy & Grinchy, the so solid crew. 

The Huntly aerial bombardment meant there wasn't much of a midfield battle too talk about, but upfront CJ supported by Wardy & Maxy were unlucky not to end up on the scoresheet but we are in the hat for the next round, they'll get more chances. 

Jack Hay & the young nippy Braque Watson came off the bench to finish the tie off with a flourish, Hay is already turning in to a fans favourite, he's got far more than just tattoo's up his sleeve. 

I got my away pin badge souvenir & I'm looking forward to the next round. I've not got a Wick badge yet? 

Grimbo   

12 hours ago, beithboy said:

Picture from todays William Hill Scottish cup tie BSC Glasgow v Beith juniors. All images are copyright of the photographer and cannot be used with out permission

https://www.flickr.com/photos/swkphoto/albums/72157675554020315

Good to see a lady referee. Do they referee many matches at this level these days?

13 hours ago, beithboy said:

Picture from todays William Hill Scottish cup tie BSC Glasgow v Beith juniors. All images are copyright of the photographer and cannot be used with out permission

https://www.flickr.com/photos/swkphoto/albums/72157675554020315

I heard Grim stole one. What will happen to him? 

Wasn't at the game but it's nice to take Annan to a replay next weekend. However, Annan are a decent League 2 side so it'll be a tough ask and the league's far more important. As long as we put in another excellent performance and noone gets injured then I'm happy.

I was looking forward to exploring the lovely wee town if Gala so hopefully it's rescheduled to a spare Sat that I can make.

Congrats to EK and Hawick on their success.

Thanks Tam and it was a happy Saturday for EC too, cant be often that you get the joy of watching them not lose?

Delighted for Hawick, well done lads especially for getting one over John 'Park the bus' Coughlin.

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I heard Grim stole one. What will happen to him? 

I'm just babysitting it, it's hardly a crime?

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Wasn't at the game but it's nice to take Annan to a replay next weekend. However, Annan are a decent League 2 side so it'll be a tough ask and the league's far more important. As long as we put in another excellent performance and noone gets injured then I'm happy.

I was looking forward to exploring the lovely wee town if Gala so hopefully it's rescheduled to a spare Sat that I can make.

Congrats to EK and Hawick on their success.

Gala's brilliant, get in the 'Spoons for a pie & a pint then up to the Salmon for a few more drinks then it's a taxi or brisk hike down to the ground, great set up but no real ales. 

Their stand is grand monument, it's a bucket list tick off having been in that stand  

You have to get there.

Grimbo 

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Good to see a lady referee. Do they referee many matches at this level these days?

Ms Clark referees a lot of Fife Junior games and has run the line in the SPFL before while there are three female assistants who regularly appear in the Lowland League and who are all good officials. 

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ms Clark referees a lot of Fife Junior games and has run the line in the SPFL before while there are three female assistants who regularly appear in the Lowland League and who are all good officials. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21001180

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Lorraine Clark has done quite a few LL games including WW v Spartans.

On 23/10/2016 at 01:34, newcastle broon said:

1 was never gonnae be enough wi that slope 2nd half Rab. 

Unfortunately well pumped in the end,was nae even a dirty game yet we get 3 sent off. Bizarre to say the least ! 

Just caught up wi the highlights on Willie Hills tv. 

Sore to watch this time without beer goggles but I stand by my post BIZARRE refereeing......

Canny argue aboot the pens though but........

John Williams never touched the lad,even 1st booking dubious and Dale o Hara clearly wins the ball. 

Ffs ref it's no one for yer video library! 

Archived