William Hill Scottish Cup 2016/2017

newcastle broon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, magoo said:

Just watched it...gotta be the worst ref performance ever.hope there is some appealing hetting processed....the full back fir the first pen tho.....

Didn't hear what if anything was said for the 3rd sending off but the first two were bizarre . 

1 hour ago, sureiknow said:

Didn't hear what if anything was said for the 3rd sending off but the first two were bizarre . 

Dont see anything bizarre in the first one. Stonewall booking for a guy already on a yellow. Second one he's got wrong though. No foul in there. Ball pretty clearly played.

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dont see anything bizarre in the first one. Stonewall booking for a guy already on a yellow. Second one he's got wrong though. No foul in there. Ball pretty clearly played.

Yeh its that stonewall the striker makes absolutely no claim whatsoever....and the 3rd pen could be seen.to be a 50/50 award . after you have awarded 2 previous pens and sent 3 off i would think 99 % off refs would show some common sense.....no prob not 

30 minutes ago, magoo said:

Yeh its that stonewall the striker makes absolutely no claim whatsoever....and the 3rd pen could be seen.to be a 50/50 award . after you have awarded 2 previous pens and sent 3 off i would think 99 % off refs would show some common sense.....no prob not 

I imagine that since he made no contact at all the striker may have been blissfully unaware it had even happened. Doesn't change the fact there was a pretty clear attempt to kick him / trip him by a guy already on a booking. It's a red card all day. A foul challenge doesn't actually have to make any contact to be a foul.

Made no comment on the penalties and I'm not saying the ref had a good game (the second red card is a laughably bad decision) but he got the first one spot on for me.

EDIT - Actually, I've watched it again, not sure what you are watching but the striker quite clearly turns and complains to the referee about it after initially chasing the ball before the second defender clears it.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine that since he made no contact at all the striker was probably blissfully unaware it had even happened. Doesn't change the fact there was a pretty clear attempt to kick him / trip him by a guy already on a booking. It's a red card all day. A foul challenge doesn't actually have to make any contact to be a foul.

Made no comment on the penalties and I'm not saying the ref had a good game (the second red card is a laughably bad decision) but he got the first one spot on for me.

Theres 100 percent less contact at the 1st red than there is at every cirner kick.im well aware there doesn't have to be contact fir a booking but there should be at least some danger or risk of injury  involved.....oh and the ball to hand from 3 yards for the first yellow....

7 minutes ago, magoo said:

Theres 100 percent less contact at the 1st red than there is at every cirner kick.im well aware there doesn't have to be contact fir a booking but there should be at least some danger or risk of injury  involved.....oh and the ball to hand from 3 yards for the first yellow....

At the risk of coming over all defensive about a refereeing performance I didn't see in full and don't even know who the ref was, I thought he got the handball spot on too. His hand wasn't by his side, he was waving it around above his head. If you come out like that to block the ball and the ball hits it then it's going to get given as a foul most of the time. It wasn't remotely in a "natural position".

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

At the risk of coming over all defensive about a refereeing performance I didn't see in full and don't even know who the ref was, I thought he got the handball spot on too. His hand wasn't by his side, he was waving it around above his head. If you come out like that to block the ball and the ball hits it then it's going to get given as a foul most of the time. It wasn't remotely in a "natural position".

A foul yes. A booking for ball to hand..which it clearly was...!!!

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The TV didn't show the lino in the footage taking an active part in the sending offs.

I suppose you just had to be there :o

Wick were the better team on the day but it was frustrating the way the game collapsed for us wi them sending offs.

I was interested in checking some of the attendances but even the official SFA site doesn't seem to have them.  Is there a reason these things are kept mysterious or is it just that no one can be arsed to count all the heads in the ground (to be fair I don't fancy the job) :unsure2:

3 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

I was interested in checking some of the attendances but even the official SFA site doesn't seem to have them.  Is there a reason these things are kept mysterious or is it just that no one can be arsed to count all the heads in the ground (to be fair I don't fancy the job) :unsure2:

There's a Scottish Cup attendance thread on the domestic cup forum bud.

27 minutes ago, magoo said:

A foul yes. A booking for ball to hand..which it clearly was...!!!

He didn't have to book him. I think most refs would have though when it involves charging down a shot, and potentially harsh as it may have been, fact is your guy knew he was on a booking when he committed the second offence. You don't get a free foul because you had a harsh booking to start with.

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The TV didn't show the lino in the footage taking an active part in the sending offs.

I suppose you just had to be there :o

Wick were the better team on the day but it was frustrating the way the game collapsed for us wi them sending offs.

If the assistant helped him get a decision right then good, they SHOULD take an active part, though seldom do. if he helped him get one wrong then not so good. Referee may well have been awful on the day. No idea. The highlights only show him getting one significant decision wrong though (second red card).

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine that since he made no contact at all the striker may have been blissfully unaware it had even happened. Doesn't change the fact there was a pretty clear attempt to kick him / trip him by a guy already on a booking. It's a red card all day. A foul challenge doesn't actually have to make any contact to be a foul.

The Wick player was simply just too fast for our defender. 

A foul challenge!

it's a contact sport if all refs done decisions like that there'd be abandoned games every Saturday. 

Between that and the clampdown wi refs giving pens for holding in the English premiership the game has gone all soft! 

You must be some kind of referee ? 

I've said all I can say on the matter.

The better team won on the day!

6 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

The Wick player was simply just too fast for our defender. 

A foul challenge!

it's a contact sport if all refs done decisions like that there'd be abandoned games every Saturday. 

Between that and the clampdown wi refs giving pens for holding in the English premiership the game has gone all soft! 

You must be some kind of referee ? 

I've said all I can say on the matter.

The better team won on the day!

Just watched it, good match. :thumsup2

For some reason I am not bitter about our last game anymore!

Grimbo

On 10/24/2016 at 11:46, magoo said:

Just watched it...gotta be the worst ref performance ever.hope there is some appealing hetting processed....the full back fir the first pen tho.....

As a neutral, I'd say the ref's performance wasn't too bad.  Second red perhaps a bit debatable, although there was intent, but he got the other contentious decisions pretty much spot on.  Welfare's tackling was woeful; hand ball is a stonewaller; no excuse for backchat to the ref.

Part of me wants Wick away in the next round....it is the ultimate away day.  It would kill me though.

48 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

As a neutral, I'd say the ref's performance wasn't too bad.  Second red perhaps a bit debatable, although there was intent, but he got the other contentious decisions pretty much spot on.  Welfare's tackling was woeful; hand ball is a stonewaller; no excuse for backchat to the ref.

Part of me wants Wick away in the next round....it is the ultimate away day.  It would kill me though.

2nd one is debatable...!!!...yeh your right there was intent....to win the ball which he did.... ive watched it three times now and no one will convince me the first red was a booking...and if u look at the handball hes not even looking at the ball

8 hours ago, The_Judge said:

The official attendance at Wick v Whitehill Welfare was 403. 

Third Round Draw in full:

Elgin City vs. Hawick Royal Albert

Airdrieonians vs. Livingston

Buckie Thistle OR Gretna 2008 vs. Dunfermline Athletic

Stirling Albion vs. Wick Academy

St Mirren vs. Spartans

Stranraer vs. East Kilbride

Cumbernauld Colts OR Forres Mechanics vs. Stenhousemuir

East Fife vs. Edinburgh City OR Forfar Athletic

Albion Rovers vs. Queen of the South

Clyde vs. Arbroath 

Banks O’Dee OR Formartine United vs. Annan Athletic OR East Stirlingshire