Deveronvale v GRETNA 

GALA FR v Fraserburgh 

C S STROLLERS v HAWICK RA 

Nairn v PRESTON ATH 

Inverness Clachnacuddin v UNI OF STIRLING 

EDINBURGH UNI v WHITEHILL WELFARE 

DALBEATTIE STAR v Wick Academy 

SELKIRK v Linlithgow Rose 

A few tough ties there but a few winnable ones as well. 

Mon the LL........ 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 2016-17, NB. Just saying...

Think that appears a decent draw for LL prospects?

Three all-LL ties means 3 guaranteed to progress. Cumbernauld draw the only team left in from the bottom rung of the pyramid, albeit a very good team in Leith who they beat in the South Challenge Cup last season. BSC Glasgow should dispatch Rothes who are exceedingly poor.

Stirling would have been strong favourites to beat Clachnacuddin, bottom 6 in HL last season and are about the same this time, but an away daw and Stirling have started sluggishly.

Selkirk will be huge underdogs v Linlithgow, Gala will not be favourites v Fraserburgh who have made a strong start to HL this season and Nairn will be expected to beat Preston (but Nairn themselves have had a very poor season to date).

Most intriguing ties are maybe Deveronvale v Gretna and Dalbeattie v Wick, based on recent positions and also current form.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's 2016-17, NB. Just saying...

:D so it is never was any gid at starting threads dohhhhhhh.......

So does that mean the cups destined for Easter Road :)

Happy with the draw,Uni a bit of a bogey team for us,would've preferred a home tie but least it's on the 49 bus route :D

Another 500+ mile round trip.:unsure:

Do I really fancy it I am saying to myself? Over 10 hours on a bus for a 3 to 4 hour stay or a night in a b&b with a long drive home on the Sunday with a hangover.  Decisions decisions ...

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Do I really fancy it I am saying to myself? Over 10 hours on a bus for a 3 to 4 hour stay or a night in a b&b with a long drive home on the Sunday with a hangover.  Decisions decisions ...

Overnight - stop kidding on! :)

7 minutes ago, HTG said:

Overnight - stop kidding on! :)

Some of us did it last year at Formartine (Or however it is spelt). I went home on the bus and felt that something was missing from the whole day.  I enjoyed the short time in the supporters' pub after the match and wished it could have stayed longer.  Part of me is seriously considering it (probably the alcoholic part).

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fri night pisht in b&b Cic, sober up for the long drive home after the match  or just make weekend of it;)

Could be worse ye could be a Wick fan.......

59 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

:D so it is never was any gid at starting threads dohhhhhhh.......

So does that mean the cups destined for Easter Road :)

Happy with the draw,Uni a bit of a bogey team for us,would've preferred a home tie but least it's on the 49 bus route :D

Interestingly, league game week after: Edinburgh University v Whitehill Welfare.

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interestingly, league game week after: Edinburgh University v Whitehill Welfare.

Jeez so it is, a potential replay at Rosewell though as well......

I notice a new rule this season, a 4th sub can be used if a game goes to extra time ? 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Go for it Cic. Stop kidding yourself :lol:

i would have taken that, one of 4 HFL grounds I've never been to...

I hear they've got a chant that takes the whole first half. "Give me a D..."

2 hours ago, Currahee! said:

Selkirk have had some horrific draws over the last few years.

For any Linlithgow fans coming down the Cricket club next door will be open for pre and post match pints.

Cricket Club, handy to know, Shire coming down to Selkirk a week on Saturday.

Archived