COD4 Remaster

SweeperDee

21 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Got a 90 kill streak on...what was it, the map with the no-mans land filled with tanks in the middle? And had tunnels going from one side to the other? AMBUSH! That was it, spawn trapping on domination was ridiculous on that map. Used an M16 (Hope it's still as OP emoji23.png). I remember every single detail about near enough all the maps. I know the bounces that used to be in the old game won't be there since they were texture glitches, and I know for sure they will have been replaced by new ones.

Thought that was Pipeline. Could jump/prone glitch into the piping in the underground tunnels? Bit useless though as hardly anyone when down there.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought that was Pipeline. Could jump/prone glitch into the piping in the underground tunnels? Bit useless though as hardly anyone when down there.

Aye, that's pipeline. Was handy for search and destroy if you hid there, you'd be able to hear people defuse the bomb at B if you had a decent set of headphones iirc. Be able to get out and surprise them. ;)

9 hours ago, Chris_DK said:

I'm considering buying an Xbox1 just to buy this. COD 4 was probably the best game I'd ever played. 

This is the one with Terminal, the airport map isn't it? 

f**k, it'd be crazy to spend all that cash on an Xbox1 just for one game, wouldn't it?

<off to count pennies to figure out if its possible>

No, Terminal is from MW2, which in my opinion is shit, but a lot of people think otherwise.

There is absolutely no way I am paying £70 for a 9 year old game. Might get it when it comes as standalone and much cheaper, and hopefully the lobbies are not hacked

No, Terminal is from MW2, which in my opinion is shit, but a lot of people think otherwise.

There is absolutely no way I am paying £70 for a 9 year old game. Might get it when it comes as standalone and much cheaper, and hopefully the lobbies are not hacked

MW2 was the beginning of the end tbh. It was good, but it introduced more kill streak options and customisation for the sake of it which saturated the other COD games that followed.

Also, death streaks ffs? [emoji23]

Ah right, know where I am now. I liked MW2 but both the MW games were probably the high points of the series. The simplicity of the COD multiplayer is so apparent now. Mind you, I loved Overgrown but just remember hating the snipers in it so much. 

Can't wait for this, the videos are looking great. Probably my favourite gaming memories playing the original.

Not interested in the Advanced warfare bit so will be waiting for it to be released separately which I'm sure will happen. While BO3 was fun for a bit and it was only £20 from tesco I realised I have no interest in these futuristic shooters.

Just give me an MP5 with a silencer, stopping power and deep impact and let me play search and destroy!

Can't wait for this, the videos are looking great. Probably my favourite gaming memories playing the original.

Not interested in the Advanced warfare bit so will be waiting for it to be released separately which I'm sure will happen. While BO3 was fun for a bit and it was only £20 from tesco I realised I have no interest in these futuristic shooters.

Just give me an MP5 with a silencer, stopping power and deep impact and let me play search and destroy!

MP5, 3x Frag/Flash/Stun, Stopping power, Dead silence.

That was my go-to on compact, indoor-heavy S&D maps like Vacant, Crash and Crossfire. Also loved dominating from afar with an M16 red dot with the same perk setup. I can remember every single thing. [emoji23]

I'll be honest I am one of those snipers everyone moans about....

Loved a bit of snipe and move in this and MW2. Good thing is the game was set up that the different styles clashes well from 'witchers', snipers and campers, that he game became enjoyable to suss out how to overcome each style.

However with the new games this was impossible as all it included was jumping about like f**k.

My mate is purchasing a PS4 just either the sole intention of playing this.

Loved a bit of snipe and move in this and MW2. Good thing is the game was set up that the different styles clashes well from 'witchers', snipers and campers, that he game became enjoyable to suss out how to overcome each style.

However with the new games this was impossible as all it included was jumping about like f**k.

In the halcyon days I was a member of a rather well known competitive team called OpTic, when they had an EU branch rather than the now exclusive US team. Sniping, competitively, was not bad for prizes and small money prizes back then. Pales in comparison to some of the money being thrown about for more recent COD games though.

The top competitive team (EnVyUs) in the world won $800,000 recently for coming first in the recent COD XP event. Hopefully the remaster gains interest again from the big money sponsors.

2 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

I loved sniping, that was my thing. Cold blooded, Ninja and Sleight of Hand. Equipped with a silencer on the sniper/pistol and a Claymore/Smoke Bomb. Unstoppable, although I was admittedly a complete camper. 

I loved sniping, that was my thing. Cold blooded, Ninja and Sleight of Hand. Equipped with a silencer on the sniper/pistol and a Claymore/Smoke Bomb. Unstoppable, although I was admittedly a complete camper. 

Depends what you class as camping.... Sitting in a corner with an assault rifle is a camper...

Sniping class, finding a good vantage spot and setting your claymores in strategic positions, moving from point to point and wiping out anyone approaching I classed as skill......

Depends what you class as camping.... Sitting in a corner with an assault rifle is a camper...

Sniping class, finding a good vantage spot and setting your claymores in strategic positions, moving from point to point and wiping out anyone approaching I classed as skill......

Yep - I'm not a sniper/camper depending on your name for it but have some admiration for those that are. I'm not quick enough with the old aim/shoot to be a sniper. If it was as easy as people claim "camping" to be then we'd all be at it.

I am enjoying BO3 at present and I'm going to wait and see how this remaster is done before jumping in. Played some remasters/re-releases of very good games and I have been disappointed almost every time.

There was nothing more satisfying in my opinion than finding a good spot and killing someone. Then when they clearly came after you, killing them again and again when hey approached from different places/routes. The seethe was great fun. Esp when you heard the short 5sec blast from their mic as you killed them.

I hated it when it happened to me. Considered myself pretty decent with the sniper rifles. Even up to Ghost but since then it's been impossible.

Must admit to never being a Quik scoper those guys where the lowest of the low.

CoD 4 was out when I was about 16 and played several days on this game. I think I've played about 18 days of my life till now on that game and thinking about it now, it's an absolute minter.

When I get this and get accustomed with the nuances again, I'll probably be writing a wee guide for those who came to the party late with some nice spots, spawn systems (assuming they are unchanged), and class set-ups. 

Anything in particular that people would be interested in finding out?

Archived