COD4 Remaster

SweeperDee

Well, I don't care if it's £70 for the deluxe edition of Infinite Warfare that gets you the COD4 remaster, TAKE MY MONEY.

Videos on YouTube of the remaster so far look absolutely brilliant, and show it's not just been a new lick of paint applied. New HUD, different sounding guns, new animations, and all the maps will eventually be made available for the multiplayer (although no doubt you'll be made to pay extra for this, robbing b*****ds).

Genuinely cannot wait.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that almost all the marketing for the new CoD is focusing on this rather than the Infinite Warfare bit. (Which absolutely looks like CoD has reached the "Moonraker" nadir of the Bond films stage)

I want the remaster, but I will be fucked if i'm shelling out £70 for it.

It's time they took a break from these games and then came back with a fresh start. 

53 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Well, I don't care if it's £70 for the deluxe edition of Infinite Warfare that gets you the COD4 remaster, TAKE MY MONEY.

Videos on YouTube of the remaster so far look absolutely brilliant, and show it's not just been a new lick of paint applied. New HUD, different sounding guns, new animations, and all the maps will eventually be made available for the multiplayer (although no doubt you'll be made to pay extra for this, robbing b*****ds).

Genuinely cannot wait.

Does that include tissues too? 

When people say it's £70, am I remembering right that the standard version of Infinite Warfare doesn't come with it, so you have to buy some special edition to get the bit everyone wants?

This is some next level shit right here :lol:  some diabolically bond-villain-esque stuff

55 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's interesting that almost all the marketing for the new CoD is focusing on this rather than the Infinite Warfare bit. (Which absolutely looks like CoD has reached the "Moonraker" nadir of the Bond films stage)

I want the remaster, but I will be fucked if i'm shelling out £70 for it.

It's time they took a break from these games and then came back with a fresh start. 

I expect they will release the remaster on its own for about £30 or £40 at some point early next year.  There will be plenty of other people who want it but don't want Infinite War and so will refuse to pay £70.  It would be stupid of them not to.

They seem pretty clear they won't be selling it on its own, although that may change in future.

http://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered-not-sold-sperately/

How can I get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered?” 

“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is only available through the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.”

Can I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered without buying Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?” 

“No, you must own Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in order to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.”

13 minutes ago, s_dog said:

They seem pretty clear they won't be selling it on its own, although that may change in future.

http://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered-not-sold-sperately/

How can I get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered?” 

“Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is only available through the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.”

Can I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered without buying Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?” 

“No, you must own Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in order to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.”

To be fair, they would say that.

Their plan will of course be to never offer it standalone, but it all depends how the game sells.  If they deem it successful enough, they'll continue to hold the exclusivity over the userbase in the hope that they can sell the turd it's attached to.  If that backfires, they know they'll have the standalone in the back pocket.

Or, best of both worlds, they stay adamant they won't sell it stand-alone, but then release it anyway with some slightly updated content in a couple of years time.  That way they can double dip.

Yeah they will say they won't be releasing it on its own to ensure as many people as possible order Infinite Warfare.  Unless premium edition sales are extraordinarily high I would be really surprised if they don't eventually offer a standalone remaster because it would be guaranteed to make them even more money and at the end of the day that's all that matters to them.

I would love to buy it but I'm not paying £70 for it. The main game looks dog shit, CoD4 is clearly what everyone is interested in. I have complete faith they'll release it as a standalone eventually. Either that, or the price will plummet.

I suppose that they will need to wait until IW has been out for long enough that sales have dropped right off before even thinking about releasing MW on it's own.  It would be pretty embarrassing to have a 10 year old game with a new skin outsell your new effort by a huge margin. 

I suppose that they will need to wait until IW has been out for long enough that sales have dropped right off before even thinking about releasing MW on it's own.  It would be pretty embarrassing to have a 10 year old game with a new skin outsell your new effort by a huge margin. 

It will happen anyway if it does get released on its own. I'm only shelling out £70 cause I'm a fanboy/idiot/nostalgia craving goon.

I'm considering buying an Xbox1 just to buy this. COD 4 was probably the best game I'd ever played. 

This is my reasoning behind buying it. It is the best game I've ever played, it's the game I was best at, and to have a clean, hacker free server for a while to enjoy playing it again on the next gen consoles is brilliant news to me. I made a wee bit of money playing as well, hopefully will be able to do that again.

4 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

This is my reasoning behind buying it. It is the best game I've ever played, it's the game I was best at, and to have a clean, hacker free server for a while to enjoy playing it again on the next gen consoles is brilliant news to me. I made a wee bit of money playing as well, hopefully will be able to do that again.

Can still remember the maps clear as day. Fun memories of hiding up in the barn of Overgrown playing S&D, sniping anyone trying to diffuse/plant the bomb.

Oh and the RPD with Grip on Hardcore Headquarters was deadly. Some of the kill streaks I got with that was mental.

The days.

Can still remember the maps clear as day. Fun memories of hiding up in the barn of Overgrown playing S&D, sniping anyone trying to diffuse/plant the bomb.

Oh and the RPD with Grip on Hardcore Headquarters was deadly. Some of the kill streaks I got with that was mental.

The days.

Got a 90 kill streak on...what was it, the map with the no-mans land filled with tanks in the middle? And had tunnels going from one side to the other? AMBUSH! That was it, spawn trapping on domination was ridiculous on that map. Used an M16 (Hope it's still as OP [emoji23]). I remember every single detail about near enough all the maps. I know the bounces that used to be in the old game won't be there since they were texture glitches, and I know for sure they will have been replaced by new ones.

Archived