Dunfermline v Dundee United Sat 10th Sept.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First penalty - pushing to deny a goalscoring opportunity. Automatic red card.

Second penalty - deliberate handball to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity. Automatic red card.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ref puts on some Deacon Blue and thinks of Lorraine Kelly when he makes love to his wife. 

Second penalty - deliberate handball to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity. Automatic red card.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ref puts on some Deacon Blue and thinks of Lorraine Kelly when he makes love to his wife. 

Hahahah 'deliberate handball' the c**t smashed it at him didn't have time to move out the way no way a pen

Just watched the highlights.

Telfer looked decent, William looked very good won everything for us!
Andreu clinical, Dixon looked like he won the ball for second yellow. Would like to see Cammy start next week upfront. Special mention to Jamie Robson for that block at 2-1, amazing

Only one that was a pen was the one where VDS slipped, was no need to make a challenge boy was going different direction.

Cammy Bell tho, insane

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What an awful image. Deacon Blue are terrible.

Enjoyed them highlights.....

Clark and Farid in the last week or so, dunno but that defence and goalie looks like the end you need to strengthen.....

Johnston finding out again that in a league of full time teams(outside Dumbarton in this case) isnt as easy as playing against part time teams and being full time , long may it continue

First according to my pal who was sitting in other side of stand definite penalty for push in the back. Second definite penalty due to Dixon being a stupid c**t. Third handball arguable, you'd shout for it if it was your team. Dixon second yellow no complaints. Obadeyi possible penalty first half? My view was pish.

Enjoyed them highlights.....

Clark and Farid in the last week or so, dunno but that defence and goalie looks like the end you need to strengthen.....

Johnston finding out again that in a league of full time teams(outside Dumbarton in this case) isnt as easy as playing against part time teams and being full time , long may it continue

Our first choice GK should be back by the Ayr game at least. A very good GK might I add. Hopefully he can keep the defence a bit more organised as he's a good communicator however our full backs are rather poor, defensively anyway, so we're stuck.

Johnston done alright with Kilmarnock? Before he left they were sitting 9th or 10th I'm sure. That's about where a team like them should be finishing in the league. But things aren't looking too rosy, I'll give you that. However we have played, apart from Dumbarton, who we beat, the best teams in this league so far...and got beat. If we can't get results against the shit teams around us then we can start to question Johnston's tenure. We should be finishing around 6th or 7th, that'd be a good achievement for a newly promoted team.

Pars fans screaming for red cards[emoji38]
The firsts a definite penalty, second is arguably a penalty but theres no way the third is. Ball was drilled at him from close range and hes turning away from it as it gets closer. As has been said already, if you miss three pens in one game, you deserve nothing. f**k me, Beaton gave you 3 penalties and sent one of out players off, you boys are trying to make it sound like you got robbed!

35 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Pars fans screaming for red cardsemoji38.png
The firsts a definite penalty, second is arguably a penalty but theres no way the third is. Ball was drilled at him from close range and hes turning away from it as it gets closer. As has been said already, if you miss three pens in one game, you deserve nothing. f**k me, Beaton gave you 3 penalties and sent one of out players off, you boys are trying to make it sound like you got robbed!

Rules is rules m90.

2 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

First according to my pal who was sitting in other side of stand definite penalty for push in the back. Second definite penalty due to Dixon being a stupid c**t. Third handball arguable, you'd shout for it if it was your team. Dixon second yellow no complaints. Obadeyi possible penalty first half? My view was pish.

Is seems to be all the rage to give Dixon a hard time at the moment, definitely this seasons boo boys target. It was Van Der Struick who gave away the second penalty. Was raging at the time especially with the 3rd pen but having watched them again i can see why they were awarded even if all 3 were in the soft/harsh category. What was ridiculous was Beatons decision to book 4 players after awarding the 3rd pen, at that point it was obvious we were finishing the game minus at least 1 player.

Poor performance, concede 3 pens, have a man sent off and yet still come away with 3 points, I been to worse games. Also bridies were as good as remembered them being.

Pars fans screaming for red cards[emoji38]

Second is arguably a penalty? Arguably? You're as biased as the Pars fans you're criticising at the start of your post. The defender was losing his balance, Clark nipped in to get the ball, and the defender dived in and tripped him. Clear foul anywhere on the pitch. The third is debatable, but if your arms are up at head height like that, it's hard to argue that's a 'natural position'. Referees are advised to ask themselves if the arm is in a natural position, when making handball decisions. This was obviously deemed to be an unnatural position. As many United fans have said, it's one that you definitely claim for. They're not always given though and sometimes are.

As for claiming for red cards - first penalty, Ashcroft was never getting the ball, therefore no goal scoring opportunity. Yellow card was correct. Second penalty - running away from goal along the bye line is never a clear goal scoring opportunity. Third - there were 2/3 players between the ball and the goal. Hard to argue the ball was definitely going to go in, had it for past the defender. Yellow card was correct.

I would also like to point out that I was amazed that United never got a penalty in the first half. There was one point a ball came across the box and Ashcroft (I think) seemed to push over the striker - much like our first penalty, where there was no chance of him getting the ball anyway. We definitely benefitted from the referee on Saturday.

In order to survive in this league, we have to make the most of days like that! We're making the same mistakes again and again, without learning from them. Geggan constantly not tracking runs from midfield, defence constantly not tracking runs, Williamson just unable to deal with anyone that can play football, nobody covering Williamson when he runs forward and Johnston still pretending Hutton is a goalkeeper. Why has none of this been worked on in training? If it has, why has there been no improvement?

We're also constantly passing up several scoring chances, then I'm seeing people call it 'luck' when a team score more goals from fewer chances (as United did on Saturday) - it's not luck, that's what's expected at this level! Clark and Reilly played well on Saturday. However, much of their time on the ball seemed to be out wide, leaving only wingers/midfielders in the box, who aren't as good at finishing. Would they be able to create more, if the midfield could get the ball to them in the box? Well, 2nd penalty came from a loose ball after a Reilly shot. Third penalty came from handball on a Clark shot, and the goal came from Clark's deflected shot. That, to me, suggests that we need to get the ball to them in/around the box, rather than forcing them back/wide to get the ball. If they are going to be drifting wide, I'd say Cardle has to start. Best finisher of all of our wide men.

All three were penalties. I doubted the second at the time but only because I couldn't quite see what had happened (he slipped and then got desperate). No question of any of them being anywhere near a red card but I was worried at the third because Beaton was waving his yellow card about at anyone and everyone in close vicinity.

I thought that we might have been given the push in the box but largely due to the law of averages and referees who sometimes try and balance things out.

Between the dramatic nature of the victory, Cammy Bell's saves and my gorgeous Steak Bridie it was basically the best day of my life.

I enjoyed cutting the grass and washing the cars on Sunday morning more than I enjoyed the football. Been teetotal for 3 or 4 weeks now and there's little to match the horror of watching your team without the comforting fuzz of a few beers.

Archived