Dunfermline v Dundee United Sat 10th Sept.

The three penalties were fucking abysmal. Reilly's one just seemed like a great save at the time as usually smashing it down the middle is a fairly safe option. No excuses for Clark and McMullan, just pick a corner for f**k's sake. Take nothing away from Bell, that's some achievement.

Don't think I've ever seen a team as pish and still take 3 points. The first two goals are horrendous to lose and we're making a very nasty habit of conceding really shitty goals.

Hutton - Please, Sean, get yourself fit ASAP.

Williamson - slightly more promising going forward but made too many simple mistakes.

Fordyce/Ashcroft - even though we've conceded another few shoddy goals, they looked solid at times and were our only hint of organisation in our defensive third through the middle.

Martin - being so heavily right footed at LB means we're limited down that side going forward.

Paton - pass marks from me, quite promising and looks to be a bit stronger than before, certainly can't fault his effort.

McCabe - I've had a lot of patience with him but he was a complete passenger today. Him and Geggan, who should be massive players for us in games like this, were very poor. I'd like to see Herron start next week.

Geggan - bad day for him. Started well by trying to bring the ball down and open the play up but he really struggled for most of it. Big disappointment.

McMullan - similar to Paton in that you can't fault his effort. I was actually quite impressed by him in spells.

Reilly/Clark - tried to link up with the midfield but service was poor.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2016 at 16:20, Fallen Angel said:

Spoke to him at the beginning of the week and he reckons a couple of weeks....He's back in training but don't think we'll see him this week or next....hopefully the following depending on how many the midget concedes before that :P

Back for the Falkirk game then...suits me!

8 minutes ago, smpar said:

The three penalties were fucking abysmal. Reilly's one just seemed like a great save at the time as usually smashing it down the middle is a fairly safe option. No excuses for Clark and McMullan, just pick a corner for f**k's sake. Take nothing away from Bell, that's some achievement.

Don't think I've ever seen a team as pish and still take 3 points. The first two goals are horrendous to lose and we're making a very nasty habit of conceding really shitty goals.

Hutton - Please, Sean, get yourself fit ASAP.

Williamson - slightly more promising going forward but made too many simple mistakes.

Fordyce/Ashcroft - even though we've conceded another few shoddy goals, they looked solid at times and were our only hint of organisation in our defensive third through the middle.

Martin - being so heavily right footed at LB means we're limited down that side going forward.

Paton - pass marks from me, quite promising and looks to be a bit stronger than before, certainly can't fault his effort.

McCabe - I've had a lot of patience with him but he was a complete passenger today. Him and Geggan, who should be massive players for us in games like this, were very poor. I'd like to see Herron start next week.

Geggan - bad day for him. Started well by trying to bring the ball down and open the play up but he really struggled for most of it. Big disappointment.

McMullan - similar to Paton in that you can't fault his effort. I was actually quite impressed by him in spells.

Reilly/Clark - tried to link up with the midfield but service was poor.

Agree with every part of that.

7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Dunfermline really are the most destitute of the destitute. Give it up lads eh?

Haha I had that very thought today, not for the club but me personally..."Football is shit, why do I do this?!" 

I've relaxed a little. 

I have absolutely no idea what AJ sees in McCabe. He's been either shite or invisible for almost his entire spell. Byrne and Falkingham were no worse.

Did I see Folkingham joined up with Jordan Preston at Guiseley?

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I have absolutely no idea what AJ sees in McCabe. He's been either shite or invisible for almost his entire spell. Byrne and Falkingham were no worse.

I thought last season he was someone to try and he looked a bit lazy and slow at league one level. Astonished he was signed really.

Josh was really harshly treated. He dropped him for Byrne, Bryne was shit. Josh came in, won the league then was dropped for McCabe. 

Joke.

To give him (AJ) his due, the reason for keeping McCabe and punting Falkingham made sense in terms of playing style. Now, I really wish we'd just kept Falky, we desperately missed his fight today.

This.

Fook knows how we're going to get the points on the board. Defensively we are abysmal and our finishing is pretty poor. Hopefully signing Clark and El Alagui can sort that but in defence I thought we missed out on signing some decent players. Our full backs are the main problem I feel. Fordyce and Ashcroft look solid enough but Williamson leaves so many holes that teams in this league are going to exploit. Was gutted when big Cheesy left us as well as Reid. Maybe they were getting more money over in Iceland? I'd be a lot more confident if we had those guys playing with us.

It's rather worryingly beginning to look like we simply don't have enough fight, bottle or heart in the squad, hopefully it just looks that way due to a lack of confidence rather than us actually having a dressing room full of shitebags.

It's rather worryingly beginning to look like we simply don't have enough fight, bottle or heart in the squad, hopefully it just looks that way due to a lack of confidence rather than us actually having a dressing room full of shitebags.

Your team is just pish at this level champ. You were warned about that fact for months; when you were targeting a top four finish. :lol:

I'm sure you only won one game in which you didn't score first last season in the league (3-2 game against us).

13 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

That is a really, really obscure point. It's kind of difficult to come from behind if you are scoring early and plenty in most games.

The point from TheMessiah was about fight so no, it's not obscure.  There isn't a huge amount of fight involved in skelping teams 6-1, 4-1 etc leading from 10 or so mins in, that is just simply being better.  There is though when you are 1-0 down trying to get the win. 

Fight! Bottle! Heart! 

What a load of clichéd nonsense. The simple fact is the players are just not talented enough for anything better than a 7th place finish. 

Fortunately we have Ayr, Morton and a truly laughable St Mirren side to save us the embarrassment of a 10th place finish. 

Archived