Dunfermline v Dundee United Sat 10th Sept.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

This should have been a pen as well, or are arm locks okay now?

IMG_6488.jpg

Think the evidence shows that Dunfermline should avoid penalties for the time being. If anything it is a foul to United. Shocking challenge from Donaldson on Struijk.

27 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I assume that was a terrible dream all over a team with the worst defence I've seen in ages have three penalties saved and lose wow I think we need to find some scoring boots soon, good to see a big crowd at East end for the first time in a while but to be expected after we took 1300 midweek. I think the united team should all stop in newsagents and get a ticket for tonight's draw how Bell stayed on the park in the second half is incredible. Anyway three big games now for the pars we need to be getting points on the table.

You're right, Bell is incredible.

All three penalties were fairly easy decisions to make, despite the away fans booing for some reason (I guess the second one they were after a foul on Bell but that would have been extremely harsh). I'd have to see their own penalty claim to be sure but I was surprised it wasn't given although he did go down extremely easily. It was clear he was going out of his way not to sent Bell off for time-wasting but to be honest he's never going to do that, especially when they were already down to 10 (although he said he got the ball he came right through the back of him so a yellow wad probably fair enough and it was a crazy challenge to make when you're already on a yellow). We could have been given another one or two in the second half if the ref was being generous but that would have been a bit silly even if by the letter of the law they probably should have been given. We'd have just missed anyway. I'm just gutted that there's been another game where we've played against one of the favoured teams and I've been disappointed with them but we've still lost both. We should have taken something off both Queens and Dundee Utd but have lost both. Queens looked a much better side tbf. I do worry about us though - Morton, St Mirren and Ayr coming up and if we lose them were in real trouble.

Just back from the game. Couldn't believe that first half, three different saves from three different players. First save a strong hand up as penalty struck down middle and Bell guessed left. Guessed right for second and third.
Absolute scenes in the Bell End as Andreu fired the third in. Superb away support.

That the most raging I've been leaving a game in many years. 

A combination of missing three penalties (good saves). Geggan needs to take over penalty duties. 
Gifting United our customary 2 goals (minimum). 
United actually playing poorly and still beating us 3-1.

Complete farce. 

I won't be there to see what nonsense transpires against Morton next week and it is a relief. 

10 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

Just back from the game. Couldn't believe that first half, three different saves from three different players. First save a strong hand up as penalty struck down middle and Bell guessed left. Guessed right for second and third.
Absolute scenes in the Bell End as Andreu fired the third in. Superb away support.

I missed the official naming ceremony, but you can have that one for today.

That the most raging I've been leaving a game in many years. 

A combination of missing three penalties (good saves). Geggan needs to take over penalty duties. 
Gifting United our customary 2 goals (minimum). 
United actually playing poorly and still beating us 3-1.

Complete farce. 

I won't be there to see what nonsense transpires against Morton next week and it is a relief. 

Sounds like a great game mate...for neutrals.

And Rovers fans.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Sounds like a great game mate...for neutrals.

And Rovers fans.

You would have loved it!!
I have calmed down now, I did burst into laughter as McMullan missed the 3rd penalty. So ludicrous!  :lol:

Archived