Dunfermline v Dundee United Sat 10th Sept.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember we won 4-1 about five years ago to keep Houston in a job. We'd been on a shocking run. 

I remember a pars player being sent off really early in pretty soft circumstances.  We had Daly and Russell up front and I give a nostalgic sigh when I think of that. GMS scored aswell at our end too. 

There was a picture from that game on our preview and you can make out Potter and Keddie, absolutely vile.

Continuing the theme, I've yet to see us win at East End Park: 2-2 in the First Division, Brewster scored a raker off the underside of the bar; 3-3, when we were actually three up at half time (Davie Bowman doing well with just the one red card); 3-1 Pars in the Scottish Cup on that carpet you put down for a while; and 2-1 when we somehow managed to lose to a Stephen Kenny side despite taking the lead through Barry Robson in the second half.

Edit: 

Textbook faceplant from the guy in the front row.

Scottish cup game in 03? Enjoyed that one, I'm sure there was a decent Utd support down that day due to free busses or something. Sure Brewster scored, beautiful man.

Technically it wasn't a Kenny side I'm sure, he'd been announced and popped into the changing room at half time but he didn't take charge until the Monday. Sure you lot appointed Levein around the same time while we could have went for Levein but got Kenny, minters all round for us.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

There was a picture from that game on our preview and you can make out Potter and Keddie, absolutely vile.

Scottish cup game in 03? Enjoyed that one, I'm sure there was a decent Utd support down that day due to free busses or something. Sure Brewster scored, beautiful man.

Technically it wasn't a Kenny side I'm sure, he'd been announced and popped into the changing room at half time but he didn't take charge until the Monday. Sure you lot appointed Levein around the same time while we could have went for Levein but got Kenny, minters all round for us.

2004 perhaps? Derek McIness scored what I thought was a screamer for us, but was actually a massively defected wayward shot.

Aye, Levein's second game. Had beaten dead Rangers the Sunday before. New manager bounce obliterated in less than a week.

Re that last paragraph, I heard a rumour at the time that he stormed into the changing room at half time and screamed at the players, calling them useless c***s and he was already starting to regret taking the job. Emphasis on the "rumour" part of that.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I was at Tannadice in 1990 when rain caused game to be abandoned at half time. I'm sure we had come back from 2-0 down with a goal and were looking the better side at the time. Lovely walk back to train station after that, not. Didn't get to rescheduled game midweek and lost 3-0.

I remember this one, I went with my dad and we thought the away end was uncovered so went into the home end. Pretty sure O'Boyle scored and it was a peach. Volley or overhead. I went mental and I can still remember around a thousand dirty looks!

Worst rain I can remember from a game that actually kicked off.

12 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Continuing the theme, I've yet to see us win at East End Park: 2-2 in the First Division, Brewster scored a raker off the underside of the bar; 3-3, when we were actually three up at half time (Davie Bowman doing well with just the one red card); 3-1 Pars in the Scottish Cup on that carpet you put down for a while; and 2-1 when we somehow managed to lose to a Stephen Kenny side despite taking the lead through Barry Robson in the second half.

Edit: 

Textbook faceplant from the guy in the front row.

What the f**k was Dorus De Vries doing for that goal?!

I mind absolutely pumping United at East End in 1995. I believe it was 3-0 and was one of the first games of the season. Glorious. The aforementioned 2-2 at East End in that same season was the feature game on Sportscene that night (as was the famous 0-1 win for us at Tannadice on the penultimate game of the season; in fact quite a lot of games from that first division were the feature game on Sportscene on a Saturday night).

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What the f**k was Dorus De Vries doing for that goal?!

I mind absolutely pumping United at East End in 1995. I believe it was 3-0 and was one of the first games of the season. Glorious. The aforementioned 2-2 at East End in that same season was the feature game on Sportscene that night (as was the famous 0-1 win for us at Tannadice on the penultimate game of the season; in fact quite a lot of games from that first division were the feature game on Sportscene on a Saturday night).

Clarkie played for you chaps? WTF.

Hutton

Williamson
Ashcroft
Fordyce
Martin

McMullan
Paton
Geggan
McCabe

Reilly
Clark

What in the name of Christ is that midfield all about? Cardle and Higgy both on the bench yet the inept McCabe keeps his place :lol:

Bell, Dixon, Edjenguele, Van Der Struijk, Toshney, Telfer, Flood, Obadayi, Van Der Velden, Andreu, Murray

Subs: Zwick, Dillon, Donaldson, Spittal, Fraser, C. Smith, Robson

Surprised to see SmithC dropped, I supposed Raymo has seen somthing in the right side of the Dunfermline defence that he thinks Obadeyi can exploit. Robson gets player of the month, and then dropped. Maybe a bit of cotton wooling by Raymo, but Dixon seriously has to step up his game.

27 minutes ago, banana said:

Bell, Dixon, Edjenguele, Van Der Struijk, Toshney, Telfer, Flood, Obadayi, Van Der Velden, Andreu, Murray

Subs: Zwick, Dillon, Donaldson, Spittal, Fraser, C. Smith, Robson

Surprised to see SmithC dropped, I supposed Raymo has seen somthing in the right side of the Dunfermline defence that he thinks Obadeyi can exploit. Robson gets player of the month, and then dropped. Maybe a bit of cotton wooling by Raymo, but Dixon seriously has to step up his game.

Dixon had two crosses against Peterhead that stayed in the Park. He is getting better all the time.

Hutton

Williamson
Ashcroft
Fordyce
Martin

McMullan
Paton
Geggan
McCabe

Reilly
Clark

What in the name of Christ is that midfield all about? Cardle and Higgy both on the bench yet the inept McCabe keeps his place[emoji38]

Neither Cardle or Higginbothom are ever going to play in centre midfield are they?

Archived