Dunfermline v Dundee United Sat 10th Sept.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see. I only started going to the games in 1999 so I only seen French a couple of times. What was the tune based on?

I think yourself and the poet have got it the wrong way round. I believe Kumbaya was a rework of the widely known traditional Hamish French song.

Damn, should have posted this in FYMU.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Where's the best place to park? I am right in saying there's a supermarket car park beside the ground?

Yes, but think there's some kind of rules in place to stop you parking there, not really sure tbh. 

Halfords just along the road is a decent place to park, you could sneak in to one of the spots in the streets around the ground as well I suppose, 

51 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Yes, but think there's some kind of rules in place to stop you parking there, not really sure tbh. 

Halfords just along the road is a decent place to park, you could sneak in to one of the spots in the streets around the ground as well I suppose, 

Cheers man.

39 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

I'd start;
Hutton

Williamson
Martin
Fordyce
Ashcroft

McMullan
Cardle
Geggan
Herron

Clark
Reilly

Reckon that will be the team - although I'd start Higginbotham ahead of McMullan. Think McMullan has had a decent couple of games, but Higginbotham is more likely to make things happen IMO.

Hopefully McCabe is dropped - he's had a run in the team and really hasn't improved.

Not really looking forward to the game TBH - can't see us getting a result unless we improve dramatically on the last few league games. If we can keep it tight going into the last 20 mins, it'll be interesting to see if Farid can make an impact.

Parking for away fans - best to park on the side streets at that end or Robertson Road and walk through the cemetery. The police stop traffic (when they can be bothered) so parking in Aldi's or at that end of Halbeath Road isn't ideal for getting back on the Motorway.

Hamish French - apart from being a legend and the nicest man to boot, the late, great and sadly missed Bob Crampsey once said that if French hadn't broken his leg playing for Dundee Utd he would have been an all-time great for the Arabs and presumably Scotland. 

The game - really hoping that we can keep things tight for a change. Both teams have goals in them (Clark, Reilly and Cardle; Murray and Andreu) so it could be a high scoring encounter. Cue a dull 0-0 now.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

McCabe and Falkirkbotham are both absolute shytebags who have gone missing when it has got tough. Bleached blonde bawbags.

Farid puts them to shame with his sensible yet modern barnet and perfect gnashers. 

Even though it was against Part-time jobbers, Fordyce and Ashcroft made things look ridiculously comfortable at the back. My only worry across the back four is our full-backs, Williamson struggles against skillful wingers and Martin can be disappointing going forward, though I still prefer the latter over Jason "Sent off, serious foul play" Talbot.

Higginbotham over McMullan for me for the same reason DBA said.

Archived